SAU Community

Na Supra Vs Na R34 Gt Vs Autech

kubiakGTR

hey guys just curious what your opinion is in regards to the s15 autech vs r34 gt n/a vs na supra i know i posted this question a couple of days ago but forgot to bring the supra into the occasion they are all manual. which responds best to mods, which is better performance wise, which reliablity wise is better?

any help would be appreciated thanks,

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on alot of things. Condition of the motor/car. Km on the motor. 1 4 cylinder and 2 6 cylinders you can't really compare as they are different power wise, weight, suspension, different manifactors etc. They all can be reliable as each other if they are looked after and keept in check, if it's abused and used don't expect it to perform as you want it to!

On a different note i work at a nissan and mazda dealership and i had a customer come in after his service and say that we have to replace one of his engine mounts, cause the powersteering hose split and made it weak and tore it. I priced him up a new mount and hose and he spat it. Bloody crap blah blah im complaing to nissan and they are going to pay for it. I told him that they wouldn't as his car had been serviced 5 times in the last 140000 km and they would tell him to stick it.

So it depends how you are going to look after the car as to what will be more reliable and better off.

Silvias and skylines are very nice cars and are more modern than supras, interior wise supras look like old rust buckets but are probably faster performance wise.

Instead of askin questions why don't you go test drive the cars rather than asking for people opinions... everyone will say different things about the cars and have very different opinions.

And fyi modifying a non turbo car is a waste of money, just change the exhaust and wait til you can afford a spec R GTT or RZ????

I had a non turbo 20 in my coupe before i have recently changed it to a RB25DET. I suggest if you are planning on keeping the car for a while do the suspension and braking mods. Even though your car might be slower you can still have fun in the hills if you like doing hill runs. Then buy the same car but turbo and change everything over if you can or buy a turbo motor and drop it in. Would be best to buy another car and change what you can as police are starting to crack down on imports latley, well atleast in SA.

I wouldn't imagian so as the japs do some pretty cool things with there "special" models. Like the Z tune GTR's etc. I don't see how a non turbo could have more power than a turbo unless it had some serious work done to it.

I wouldn't imagian so as the japs do some pretty cool things with there "special" models. Like the Z tune GTR's etc. I don't see how a non turbo could have more power than a turbo unless it had some serious work done to it.
Rofl @ NA same power as turbo.

Supra manual would own all those listed. Check out youtube videos.

lol Im not saying it is. I was just asking thats all, a few people claim it is.

Edited by GTR_34

The NA supra will be quicker than the other two, it would also be my pick for reliability and good to mod etc.

The R34 is a touch ordinary while the autech you wouldnt want to blow a motor.

All up NA RWD sucks to begin with, buy a FWD if your on your P's and forget about your dream of becoming a hektic drifter for now.

Just get a cheap NA 32 or S13 while on your P's,

Then wait it out and be patient and with the money you saved originally you could get a nice GTT or Spec R when you go on your opens.

If you have heaps of money then by all means buy one of the one's you mentioned... I'd go the Autech as it has got most of the exhaust side done to it already, plus they are rarer than the others.

The NA supra will be quicker than the other two, it would also be my pick for reliability and good to mod etc.

The R34 is a touch ordinary while the autech you wouldnt want to blow a motor.

All up NA RWD sucks to begin with, buy a FWD if your on your P's and forget about your dream of becoming a hektic drifter for now.

+1. n15 SSS pulsar. all the goodness of sr20de with none of the hassles such as higher insurance of an import or extra police attention.

out of the 3 cars listed though, i'd still have to pick the s15. the supra would be faster but i can't stand the interior, so that immediately puts it at the bottom of the list for me.

+1. n15 SSS pulsar.

Holy f dude, how times have you brought up your "missus's n15 SSS pulsar" ?? I have seen you post that in almost every thread about buying cars or racing cars and in almost every N/A forum thread lol....

let us all bow down to the pulsar :D

Holy f dude, how times have you brought up your "missus's n15 SSS pulsar" ?? I have seen you post that in almost every thread about buying cars or racing cars and in almost every N/A forum thread lol....

let us all bow down to the pulsar :D

this guy raves about the pulsar so much, he has convinced me too test drive one when going to buy a car...

I recently discovered that a stock NA Supra is as fast as a stock CV8 VZ Monaro when accelerating from 0-100*. Which probably isn't saying anything great for the Supra, but rather how slow the Monaro is. Still the fact a P plate legal car can keep up with a V8 Sports coupe with nearly double the displacement is saying something.

Personally though if I had the choice I'd take the Autech S15 any day. It has decent power, a nice interior and the best chassis of all three.

* Yes I'm aware if the sprint continued on to 150kph the Monaro would probably be leagues in front, or if you started modding both the Monaro would pull away significantly.

Sources:

http://www.aaa.asn.au/roadtests/reports/245.pdf

http://www.importforums.com/carsinfo.htm

I'd disagree with this. I went to the recent Vic drift day in my Supra and did fine, if not better than most of my beginner section turbo partners. I'm no "hektic drifter" but I had more than enough power to get the car sideways and maintain it.

I was also talking to some of the guys there about some chick who normally comes but was currently drifting in Japan in her NA 180SX, and they're slugs! Drift is all about the suspension, clutch and diff. Get those sorted and you can manhandle (or womanhandle in this case) and clutch kick your car into any slide.

let us all bow down to the pulsar ;)

do you need a tissue?