SAU Community

Something Dropping/dripping Frommy Car

Skavenski

i was driving tonight and my mate behind me said that he seen something bright orange flick up from around my RHR tire,

he assumed it was a cigarette then it happened again,

i had a look underneath but cant see anything that looks out of place,

or can think of anything that would drip bright orange,

Any Ideas

Edited by Skavenski

Even if he did, there would be more smoke then burning chunks of handbrake shoe?

Years ago I had a HZ Premier, it had one of those handbrakes that are on the door side of the drivers seat.. you pull it up and it goes back down again (as opposed to staying up like most handbrakes). When I picked it up for the first time I didn't realise the handbrake was still on (because it was down), a few kilometres down the road I had molten something dripping off each rear hub.

na wasnt the handbrake, and the exhaust was fine, tires are almost new, went for a two hour drive afterwoods and didnt happen again, could of just been a coincedence, ran over two cigarettes, or flicked a peice of glass that caught my brake light and looke like fire or something like that

na wasnt the handbrake, and the exhaust was fine, tires are almost new, went for a two hour drive afterwoods and didnt happen again, could of just been a coincedence, ran over two cigarettes, or flicked a peice of glass that caught my brake light and looke like fire or something like that

a stone may have been caught up between pad/rotor - it happens