SAU Community

Will Z Tune Style Kit Fit Onto Standard R34 Gt ?

ms.apexi

Hey guys,

So i'm absolutely hopeless with cars so as much help as possible would be greatly appreciated :blink:

Recently had a head on and damaged my front bar, guards, bonnet, headlights and Reo.

So instead of using insurance money to restore, I'm planning to put on a z tune style kit.

Questions are:

1. Will the kit fit onto a standard GT R34 if I also have the z tune guards & bonnet

2. Does anyone know a company that provides the best replicas and deals

3. Does the kit need a specific reo or just the standard R34

4. Any good places to spray kit / entire car?

5. Where can I get xenon headlights?

I'm located in Melbourne, so any surrounding areas would be great.

Also would you be able to provide approx cost, just so I know how much to put out

thanks!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1: No, the Z tune kit is catered to a GTR bonnet and GTR guards, both which wont align on a r34 GT.

2: The best company would be EastBear which make GTR replica bodykits, expensive though.

3: i dont understand the question

4: car resprays depend on your budget. they range from 3.5k right through to 15k. DT Panels in springvale if your cheap, Micolour if you want to do it properly.

5: Only way to get Xenon headlights is 2nd hand off a existing R34 GTT/GTR. Your best bet is japanese yahoo auctions. expect $1500+ for a decent pair.

hope this helps

So i'm absolutely hopeless with cars so...

Does that include driving too? :blink: jk

Hope you're OK after the head-on.

Tried www.psiparts.com.au ? Ph 0411.237.219 Melb.

They may be able to offer alternatives. Can see them on Sat by appt.

Thanks for your replies :blink:

I suppose my only option is to get replicas fitted to the GT.

My driving is superb, despite being asian and female haha

A "not bad" paint job sounds suss! My current paint job is still perfect, so i might just do the kits and match it up..

My driving is superb, despite being asian...

Oh dear...

That stereotype about asian drivers follows us around all the time doesn't it?

We don't have to drive as if we're drunk. We can do it quite naturally - sober! :blink:

look here, this guy sells replica z-tune kits for the r34

also if you have a NA and they say its for a GTT its still fine as the front are the same, you just cant put gtr things on without changing bonnets and guards. also you wont need a different reo bar when you change kits just a standard one

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/R3...ts-t341869.html

lol asians... glad im not asian.... oh wait.... chinese mom... burmese dad.... NOOOO!!!! D=

Edited by R34P3R

I think you are going to be looking at about 5k or so for the whole job.

If you are going to spray your whole front end, you might as well get a full respray.

Send me a text on 0434 502 855 if you need any help sourcing a kit or a panel beater

I think you are going to be looking at about 5k or so for the whole job.

If you are going to spray your whole front end, you might as well get a full respray.

Send me a text on 0434 502 855 if you need any help sourcing a kit or a panel beater

prank calling time :blink:

Thanks for your replies :(

I suppose my only option is to get replicas fitted to the GT.

My driving is superb, despite being asian and female haha

A "not bad" paint job sounds suss! My current paint job is still perfect, so i might just do the kits and match it up..

replicas is definately the way to go.

there is a dude on here who can source u genuine stuff for a z tune from japan and all brand new.

the bonnet was about 6k, the guards were like 3 k and the front bar was heaps as well lol....

by not bad i mean its actually a very good job sorry. hes painted my car and lote from this forum and on ns....

Edited by GUN_METAL_GTR32

replicas is definately the way to go.

there is a dude on here who can source u genuine stuff for a z tune from japan and all brand new.

the bonnet was about 6k, the guards were like 3 k and the front bar was heaps as well lol....

by not bad i mean its actually a very good job sorry. hes painted my car and lote from this forum and on ns....

lol dude we get it, your loaded... don't tell us every expensive thing that you have bought for your car :(

Have a look on ebay for 2nd hand genuine nissan spares. You can get replica GTR genuine kits too, they look similar to GTR stuff but are specifically made for GT or GTT'S without making your car wider or having to buy aftermarket guards to line up with the bumper.

1: No, the Z tune kit is catered to a GTR bonnet and GTR guards, both which wont align on a r34 GT.

ahh.... no. The question says "if i have z-tune guards and bonnet", so the answer is yes, a z-tune front bumper will fit if you have a z-tune bonnet/guards, or any GTR bonnet.

all the parts will fit if you've changing it all at once, plus a few other bits and bobs like bonnet hinges and latches. You can also modify a standard GTT bonnet to fit as well, if you're after a cheaper option for the bonnet.

lol dude we get it, your loaded... don't tell us every expensive thing that you have bought for your car :happy:

Have a look on ebay for 2nd hand genuine nissan spares. You can get replica GTR genuine kits too, they look similar to GTR stuff but are specifically made for GT or GTT'S without making your car wider or having to buy aftermarket guards to line up with the bumper.

um actually im not, i dont have a single piece of genuuine z tune stuff on my car, i actually dont have any z tune style shit on my car....

i just found a thread in the fs section that she might like to see that had prices of z tune gear....

Okay, let's diffuse down guys!

So after many many days of researching and asking:

1. aero empire

2. psi parts

3. Mu secret

4. JSAI

I've been getting heaps of mixed answers

Some have replied saying the Z tune style kits/replicas have to be made TO FIT GTTs. Because the normal replica is wide made for GTR.

So that means I can't get any GTR parts unless I do a front end conversion

However the down side is that GTT z tune style kits are made shorter due to some necessary dimension alteration. And then psi said you have to be careful with what you buy as often it won't fit snuggly as desired.

So the qs is, which company to go to?? =/

the original z tune is obviously a GTR kit as the Z Tune is a GTR..

Eastbear do a kit that is modifed version of it to suit a gtt as is.. Same with JSAI.. Others not sure about.. Fiberglass kits don't always bolt up without some for of modification.. However the shitest cheapest kits (any bodykit) will prob have some major warping requiring more modification to get it to fit..

JSAI have been known to make some awesome fitment kits.. But I personally wouldnt recommend unless its COD or pick up just due to past problems but all could have changed i dunno..

PSI Parts.. i havent heard anything bad about them and otheres seem to speak highly of them..

Just choose your company.. Do the research into them and see what they are offering and go from there.. No fiberglass kit i have ever bought just simply bolted up..

However if you are after the Front Bar, Side Skirts and bonnet.. well you already have the major parts for your front end conversion.. So whats the problem?

listen here is the fake ones

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/R3...ts-t341869.html

just jap can also get u the guards in carbon to fit ur car (yes ur car not a gtr)

and

here is the expensive stuff

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ni...in-t343328.html

empire aero stuff looks like good quality and he has really good customer service

the real stuff is not gonna fit ur car unless u spend even more money on it which is obviously ur choice....

Hmmm...

I think Mu Secret, Jap Warehouse and other places have the same kit, which is ALL from JSAI, they are all distributor of Josh's, but just in different states.

So if you want the JSAI kit and your iN VIC, contact Kenz at Jap Warehouse, and if you mention Charles froM SAU, he will look after you.

the original z tune is obviously a GTR kit as the Z Tune is a GTR..

Eastbear do a kit that is modifed version of it to suit a gtt as is.. Same with JSAI.. Others not sure about.. Fiberglass kits don't always bolt up without some for of modification.. However the shitest cheapest kits (any bodykit) will prob have some major warping requiring more modification to get it to fit..

JSAI have been known to make some awesome fitment kits.. But I personally wouldnt recommend unless its COD or pick up just due to past problems but all could have changed i dunno..

PSI Parts.. i havent heard anything bad about them and otheres seem to speak highly of them..

Just choose your company.. Do the research into them and see what they are offering and go from there.. No fiberglass kit i have ever bought just simply bolted up..

However if you are after the Front Bar, Side Skirts and bonnet.. well you already have the major parts for your front end conversion.. So whats the problem?

Ignore me if i'm wrong.. But isn't the z tune wider thus illegal in Melbourne?

And won't the guards stick out?

Hmmm...

I think Mu Secret, Jap Warehouse and other places have the same kit, which is ALL from JSAI, they are all distributor of Josh's, but just in different states.

So if you want the JSAI kit and your iN VIC, contact Kenz at Jap Warehouse, and if you mention Charles froM SAU, he will look after you.

Okay Charles, I'm trusting you on this one.

If anything goes wrong, I will find out where you live! haha

it's not illegal to go wider guards

yes jap warehouse/mu secret are just selling JSAI parts

ok, you're in a different position to most. You have the luxury of deciding which way you want to go, GTT sized stuff or GTR sized. Because you HAVE to change everything due to the smash, you have both options open to you at essentially the same cost.

This is NOT the same for pretty much everyone else in this thread, as they have to work with the standard GTT guards, you don't as you're replacing them. That's why there is talk of trying to find bumpers that are GTT friendly, etc - you don't have to worry about this.

You are not restricted to GTT sized stuff anymore because you are having to replace EVERYTHING.

So it's a choice between a GTR front end or just the normal, narrower GTT front end. Considering it's going to cost pretty much the same, you may as well go GTR sized because it will bad ass