SAU Community

Will Z Tune Style Kit Fit Onto Standard R34 Gt ?

ms.apexi

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg a girl that likes cars and plays racing games =D

All I need is a moustache and I'm officially a man = {D .. that's a moustache if you didn't notice.. lol

Ooooo, it's at Vu's hey, I might drop by and have a look at it :D

She's not ready yet! If you go now it'll be this big pile of ugly mess. He should be done by Fri/Sat. On top of the paint job and assembly, i also had to replace the reo and beat the radiator bar out. AND install new headlights. So it may take a while :)

I forgot to ask, are you doing anything to your car atm? Did the group buy go through?

She's not ready yet! If you go now it'll be this big pile of ugly mess. He should be done by Fri/Sat. On top of the paint job and assembly, i also had to replace the reo and beat the radiator bar out. AND install new headlights. So it may take a while :)

I forgot to ask, are you doing anything to your car atm? Did the group buy go through?

Maybe I could come along when you pick up your car :D

As for my car, it's still the same lol, still got the kit sitting at home, nothing is happening at all. Just waiting to have the funds to spray the kit. As for the group buy, I still need a few more people before we go through with it :S

• 9 months later...

wen i was living at nissansilvia.com i new a guy that had a r34 in vic and purchased the zturne kit for his gtst costed him a bit but not precise and im pretty sure gtr guards bonnet ect.. will bolt up on a normal gt model i mean its the same hape but different quarters i realy dnt think it would be a problem

• 2 weeks later...

wen i was living at nissansilvia.com i new a guy that had a r34 in vic and purchased the zturne kit for his gtst costed him a bit but not precise and im pretty sure gtr guards bonnet ect.. will bolt up on a normal gt model i mean its the same hape but different quarters i realy dnt think it would be a problem

In that case then I imagine the Empire kit will fit:

http://www.empireaero.com.au/pages.asp?ID=GTR+GARAGE

Website said "GTR" but I can't get a hold of anyone to see if all pieces together will fit a GT-T

JSAI sell the ztune kit for a GT/GTT

I've looked into them. Maybe it's the poor advertisement photo but I'm not convinced:

http://jsai.com.au/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=343&category_id=25&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=29

Seems like their missing the hood and front fenders (Ztune flared fenders).

Hey all,

To summarise - it wasn't an easy process.

Purchased front bar from JSAI. My tip: The bar itself was good, however you WILL NOT hear from Josh for MONTHS. I paid & was told 2 weeks. After a month, Josh was not responding to any attempts to communicate. Basically I was extremely annoyed & had to get the fuzz involved - to which weeks later the bar did arrive. So for your own peace of mind, I would NOT recommend JSAI. Go to warehouses that use JSAI as their stocker - it will cost more but you'll get your item.

Bonnet from Carmate - DO NOT use Carmate for rear bars.. or actually anything really. Their moulds are not great & 1 in 100 will actually fit. Mine wasn't a snug fit but I had gone through too much sh*t to be bothered to get a new bonnet.

I decided to buy a rear Bomex - personal preference because not a fan of the z.

Eyelids from eBay.

+ Respray.

Total cost of project: ~$5600

Final Advice - BE CAREFUL of private sellers. Others & myself were scammed - I went to the police, filed statements & kept pushing them. 8 months later I got my $1100 (Lucky, I know)

Attached picture if before eyelids + HIDs :)

post-74369-0-78930700-1319508064_thumb.jpg

^^

Thanks for the reply. Clean looking R34

Shady companies/people are not on the radar. I'm in the states so I sure as hell don't wanna deal with douche bags in OZ.

I've been doing a lot of searching and I think I found the perfect recipe to do a GTT >> GTR >> Ztune convert. Basically, the GTT Z-Tune kits I've encountered online compliment the GTT as opposed to transforming it something I'm looking for.

Products offered here-

All Empire Z-tune components FRONT END:

http://www.empireaer...p?ID=GTR+GARAGE

All JDL Tuning components REAR END:

http://www.jdltuning...body-convertion

The only issue I've read about is the tail lights not fitting properly: GTT tails have smaller covers.

Edited by Bigalow

^^

Thanks for the reply. Clean looking R34

Shady companies/people are not on the radar. I'm in the states so I sure as hell don't wanna deal with douche bags in OZ.

I've been doing a lot of searching and I think I found the perfect recipe to do a GTT >> GTR >> Ztune convert. Basically, the GTT Z-Tune kits I've encountered online compliment the GTT as opposed to transforming it something I'm looking for.

Products offered here-

All Empire Z-tune components FRONT END:

http://www.empireaer...p?ID=GTR+GARAGE

All JDL Tuning components REAR END:

http://www.jdltuning...body-convertion

The only issue I've read about is the tail lights not fitting properly: GTT tails have smaller covers.

Thanks :) Not too shabby - although I had wanted it Bayside blue, but the paint job was 3-4 times as much. Not sure how many kidneys that is haha

Regarding converting it to a GTR Z tune rather than a GTT Z tune: I had looked into doing that. But it came down to too much effort & $ as well.

- You'll need to get GTR guards to fit the bonnet + front bar. So it will be wide like the GTR - however I'm unsure about if they're legal where you're living.

- Also need GTR headlights - which may set you back ~ $1400

- If i recall correctly, you'll need to adjust the latches for your GTR bonnet. You can get GTT Z tune style bonnet to fit your GTR bar/guards, but it's shorter and so you get a small gap in the front between the bonnet & front bar (between the headlights-ish)

- Custom wide rear bar needs to be made, & as you've mentioned I've also been told about light fitting difficulties

Basically things will never be perfect because it essentially wasn't MADE to fit, and "custom" moulds aren't always perfect. I guess it also comes down to whether your panel beater can chisel away at parts to make it look more snug. BUT if you're willing to spend much much more (approximately 3 times as much) you'll be able to get a decent job.

Check out East Bear. I've heard of your mentioned companies but haven't personally heard or seen amazing results from them. Possibly because it's cheaper to simply buy a GTR lol.

Before you buy though, make sure someone else has used them (RECENTLY) & you're happy with how it has turned out.

Mine was the cheapest it could be done.

Bar - ~$600

Bonnet ~ $600

Skirts ~ $300

Rear ~ $300 (Bought from SAU member)

Respray of kit only $2000

Headlights ~ $1400

Suppose if I was intending to keep the car for long i'd put more effort in. But she'll be sold soon :)

Hope this helps!

Edited by ms.apexi

My rational for this whole body kit mess is to promote air flow. I use the GTT for road racing (RB26 to 2.8L). The Z-tune fenders (aka guards) are not only sexy, they're efficient. The Z-tune style hood is effective as well.

Thanks for the feedback the more insight I get the more time and $$ I can save.

thumbsup.gif

- You'll need to get GTR guards to fit the bonnet + front bar. So it will be wide like the GTR - however I'm unsure about if they're legal where you're living.

- Also need GTR headlights - which may set you back ~ $1400

- If i recall correctly, you'll need to adjust the latches for your GTR bonnet. You can get GTT Z tune style bonnet to fit your GTR bar/guards, but it's shorter and so you get a small gap in the front between the bonnet & front bar (between the headlights-ish)

- Custom wide rear bar needs to be made, & as you've mentioned I've also been told about light fitting difficulties

I think I already addressed most the issues you've mentioned. The complete Empire Aero GTR Z-tune for the FRONT end should convert my GTT into a GTR Z-tune as long as I buy EVERYTHING from them (hood, fenders, bumper, etc).

I'm not 100% sure but I believe I already have GTR headlights (Xenon). Can someone confirm from this picture?

Screenshot2011-05-05at60027PM.png

Check out East Bear. I've heard of your mentioned companies but haven't personally heard or seen amazing results from them. Possibly because it's cheaper to simply buy a GTR lol.

I'm not spending more money on expensive Jap parts. I made that error when I spent drug money on my Z (my profile picture). Replicas are fine with me especially since I don't daily drive the GTT.

Before you buy though, make sure someone else has used them (RECENTLY) & you're happy with how it has turned out.

Good advice. It seems that a lot of dudes on GTROC used JDL tuning and have given me the thumbs up. I think JDL tuning is British or something so that's probably why a lot of GTROC dudes have used them.

My rational for this whole body kit mess is to promote air flow. I use the GTT for road racing (RB26 to 2.8L). The Z-tune fenders (aka guards) are not only sexy, they're efficient. The Z-tune style hood is effective as well.

Thanks for the feedback the more insight I get the more time and $ I can save.

thumbsup.gif

I think I already addressed most the issues you've mentioned. The complete Empire Aero GTR Z-tune for the FRONT end should convert my GTT into a GTR Z-tune as long as I buy EVERYTHING from them (hood, fenders, bumper, etc).

I'm not 100% sure but I believe I already have GTR headlights (Xenon). Can someone confirm from this picture?

I'm not spending more money on expensive Jap parts. I made that error when I spent drug money on my Z (my profile picture). Replicas are fine with me especially since I don't daily drive the GTT.

Good advice. It seems that a lot of dudes on GTROC used JDL tuning and have given me the thumbs up. I think JDL tuning is British or something so that's probably why a lot of GTROC dudes have used them.

Jesus. Almost caused a black-out trying to load that picture. Must you make it so big!?

Yea, definitely replicas. But pay attention to fine details, e.g. fendors & mesh :)

Definitely post up when you're done - would like to see a successful project. Then paint it bayside blue to make up for what I didn't do lol

Re headlights: yup, yours look Xenon to me. The outermost globes should be circular (and say xenon on the headlights near the base lol..). From what I know (don't quote me on this, I will hold legal liability) the shape is the same, so it will fit with the kit. The ballast is also the same. The only difference is the reflector & reflector arc inside. But I don't think that's going to make a big difference - not enough to pay thousands for GTR xenons anyway.

Ps. Yea... my car was once clean too...

Thanks for the feedback the more insight I get the more time and $ I can save.

thumbsup.gif

you can import r34s into america now? xenon lights arent just for gtrs, they are all the same

you can import r34s into america now? xenon lights arent just for gtrs, they are all the same

ssshhh. Don't tell Barack Obama.

**Update**

The dudes from JDL Tuning have been offering lots of insight and communication. Apparently, they don't make the Ztune-style hood but did point me to SEIBON as an alternative. I found some functional SEIBON Ztune-style CF fenders... but now I don't know which type of fenders to get, lol. http://www.seiboncarbon.com/products/nissan/skyline/

Seibon in action:

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/04/23/car-feature-gt-japo-motorsport-z-tune-r34.aspx

As of today, I've decided to go with the JDL Tuning GTR kit (+ JDL Ztune front bumper) and add the Seibon Ztune-style CF hood and Ztune-style fenders to complete my GTT >>> GTR >>> Ztune

cheers.gif

Correct, but if you did not buy your car out of factory - the lights can often be replaced with a xenon housing but no ballasts. Or even non-xenon housing

I damaged mine & bought non-xenon ones. And just bought & installed HIDs

• 5 years later...

Hello,

I know this an old thread however I'm in a similar situation but slightly different. 

This is my current bumper http://i.imgur.com/TQxv3PV.png

I would like to know if z tune fenders (guards) will be flush with the bumpers. 

I've made a reddit thread that includes the fenders I'm planning to purchase https://www.reddit.com/r/SkyLine/comments/5xw5bo/fitment_issues/

Thank you!