SAU Community

Midnight Purple

GTR_34

Hi guys im thinking bout getting a respray done and I was just wondering is it hard to get this type of paint mixed up?

Also what sort of price am I looking at just for the paint? Few people claim it costs over $1000 per litre, is this true?

Thanks

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z30/sne...tepurpleIII.jpg

Edited by GTR_34

the midnight purple on r33 gtr's is quite cheap compared to the price of mp2 and mp3 on r34 gtrs

my painter got a quote for all 3, mp1 was 600 buks for 4L base coat only obviously

900 bucks per L for mp2 and mp3

who knows maybe you can get it cheap via a connection or something but general price to the average joe for mp2 and mp3 is quite high

Edited by snozzle

My "midnight purple" was a mockup paint mix by the looks of things, so when I got a can of touchup matched, it turned out closest to "Honda RP25P Aubergine Pearl Standard" with a touch of some kind of blue....much cheaper lol

I've got a MPIII 34 GTR paintcode LX0

basically it's a dupont chromalusion paint

I have the formula saved somewhere if you would like it.

I did get a quote for 500ml of base and 500ml of topcoat and it came to $1070 with a 6 week lead time as the paint was coming from Dupont Japan

I can remember that most of the price has something to do with a tinter in the topcoat KK700

Here's a pic of My 34 and Choy's 34 shows the difference between MPII and MPIII

img2103edit.jpg

Don't have any decent pics as the sun didn't wanna come out.

Getting my car re-sprayed in MP soon too, so a quick question.

The original Midnight Purple as seen on R33 GTRs is just a pearl purple? Where as MP II and MP III are both colours that appear to 'change colour' in varying lights?

I just want to make sure what I think is MP I and what I think is MP II is correct.

The original Midnight Purple as seen on R33 GTRs is just a pearl purple?

I've seen Falcons with just a Purple Pearl in the paint.

My MP R33 GT-R yes, was a Purple Pearl, but quite subtly it also had a touch of dark blue, black and even less so of green in the paint. So in that respect, it's quite noticeably different from the Falcon.

Where as MP II and MP III are both colours that appear to 'change colour' in varying lights?

The MP I can look dark blue to black in varying lights too, but much more subtle.

MP II has more green and dark blue than MP I

MP III is a full-on chameleon chromemulsion colour and is very difficult to paint eg. matching up skirts to the rest of the bodywork.

I just want to make sure what I think is MP I and what I think is MP II is correct.

You're pretty much correct.

MP1 is a metallic paint (easy to paint match)

MP2 is a metallic paint with a candy clear (relatively harder to paint match)

MP3 is a habib spec prismatic paint (good luck paint matching it properly on anything other than the assembly line)

factory habib spec yo. ftw.

Hey mate I've replied to your email.

let me know if you didn't get it and i'll post up the paint formula in here..

Noy

Hey mate,

Sorry for the late reply, been really busy with work.

Thank you so much for taking out the time and sending me the formula

Its much appriciated.

Thanks again

Tanveer

for getting a price on paint code you should be able to call any auto paint store and give them the paint code and they will tell you if they can make it and what it costs.............

heres a list of the paint codes for skylines.........

NR32

KH2 - Gun Grey Metallic

KG1 - Jet Silver Metallic

TH1 - Dark Blue Pearl

AH3 - Red Pearl Metallic

732 - Black Pearl Metallic

326 - Cristal White

KL0 - Spark Silver Metallic

BL0 - Greyish Blue Pearl (special order)

AN0 - Wine Red

BCNR33

AN0 - Super Clear Red

BN6 - Deep Marine Blue

KH3 - Black

KL0 - Spark Silver

KN6 - Dark Grey Pearl

LP2 - Midnight Purple

QM1 - White

BT2 - Champion Blue

KP4 - Sonic Silver

AR1 - Super Clear Red II

BNR34

TV2 - Bayside Blue

QM1 - White

KR4 - Sonic Silver

KV2 - Athlete Silver

GV1 - Black Pearl

AR2 - Active Red

EV1 - Lightning Yellow

LV4 - Midnight Purple II

LX0 - Midnight Purple III

WV2 - Sparkling Silver

QX1 - White Pearl

EY0 - Silica Breath

JW0 - Millennium Jade

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, next question.

I have the paint and everything for my car, but I have just found a front lip that I really like that I can buy for my car. It comes in either Fibreglass or Carbon Fibre.

Anybody have pictures of carbon fibre on LP2???

• 1 month later...