SAU Community

Dont Think Its Been Asnered About Rb30

yogibear

rb30's done use main caps, they have a crank girdle. you can use stock main studs from Nissan without any problems or if you wanted to spend the money you can also buy ones from arp (I dont have the part number handy). I am not aware of anyone oversizing the mains.

I hope you aint building it yourself...

Sorry to point out, but so many of your posts seem condescending and intimidating. Chill brah!

:(

OP, what's the specs of your fuel system and turbo?

atm i have a 2 044's surge sys but isnt installed in car , as i am trying to sell my R32 as i am importing a r34 .

will be id2000's , 2 044's and 3L surge tank +fuel rail + fuel reg

and tossing up between to4z and t51r spl , not really sure yet ;)

T51r for sure! What about a KAI rather than a SPL? The SPL will be heaps laggier and the KAI would be much more efficient (i.e. less boost for the same power, cooler air charge -> more ignition advance = more power. KAI = more midrange, SPL = only top end.

T04zs are an old design and are pretty lazy, there's better options these days.

yer i haven't completely made up my mind, alot of people rag on to4z , But the fastst time attack car in NZ runs a stoker and to4z on gtr ;)

i want around the 500kw mark maybe a bit more on e85 but i dont wanna go jam a gt42 on to do it and turn it in to dyno queen (like few other cars atm pushing big numbers but are just useless)

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT35/GTX3582R_803715_1.htm

T4 .82 housing is probably what you want on an RB30. Would make up to about 700hp before it ran out of flow. Then probably another 100hp ontop of that with E85 and advanced timing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, that's all just guess work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
' timestamp='1290901236' post='5569232']

rb30's done use main caps, they have a crank girdle. you can use stock main studs from Nissan without any problems or if you wanted to spend the money you can also buy ones from arp (I dont have the part number handy). I am not aware of anyone oversizing the mains.

Arent the ARP studs too long? I'm sure you will need to use washers so they don't bottom out?!?

I believe the issue with the ARP studs had to do with one stud needing a little trimming so it wouldnt interfere with the AWD sump in GTR conversion. But if youve chopped hell out of your sump and added extensions and modified baffles/windage/trapdoors etc (as most tend to do) then the stud problem probably dissapears too.