SAU Community

Dont Think Its Been Asnered About Rb30

yogibear

The best choice at the moment would be the new GTX3582R. Better than GT35R response with more flow than a TO4z.

Do you have any results of this? All the results I have seen from GTX3076 have been average. They had more peak power but also more lag.

No I dont think anyone does have the results yet, or at least there isnt enough of these turbo's out there on similar cars to form a real comparison. One result of more lag is unfortunatlly not enough to form a real opinion. But based on what they GTX turbo's are supposed to do (supported by flow chart data), they should produce less lag for the same cartridge type along with more power.

Someone needs to to back to back testing with a GT3076R and a GTX3076R. Thats the only way to really prove a result.

No I dont think anyone does have the results yet, or at least there isnt enough of these turbo's out there on similar cars to form a real comparison. One result of more lag is unfortunatlly not enough to form a real opinion. But based on what they GTX turbo's are supposed to do (supported by flow chart data), they should produce less lag for the same cartridge type along with more power.

Someone needs to to back to back testing with a GT3076R and a GTX3076R. Thats the only way to really prove a result.

A lot more than just one result. Subaru guys in the states have done back to back testing.

Lots of info here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/344089-garrett-medium-frame-gtx-turbos/

• 1 month later...

there is no point in oversizing the crank inless you are putting a crank with a longer stroke in and as for the standard size it doesnt matter if you use stock ar aftermarket just after market have higher hp and torque ratings if you want 500 go after market i think the bottem end is rated to about 400 hp