SAU Community

Fuel Pressure Gauge

Keeper

I have no idea what i'm doing wrong here, installed a fuel pressure gauge in the pipe where it is maked A, should I have done it on the return line where is it marked B? I can get pressure, but only 6psi - trying to sort this before I try start my engine next week

post-20826-1291045240_thumb.jpg

Yeah that's right what you have done, the rail is fed from the rear forward, 6psi there is a prob somewhere.

Have you done a pump upgrade as well?

With ign on, the pump should prime as normal, then the rail should stay pressurized after the pump switches off. Make sure this is happening as it could be a prob with the one way valve if you have done a pump install or something.

No idea what tHe reg is set at. I will wind the adjustor in until it hits the stop tonight and try again. I'm pretty sure the gauge is working as the system never stops priming like it used to with the factory setup, and yep A comes off the fuel pump outlet/filter line. I will pull the pump tonight and check it's not blocked in the tank also, has been a while since she ran. Thanks for the help guys, was very worried there I jphooked up on the wrong line!

stock reg gave me just under 40 psi, but it quickly dropped off after the pump stopped running, couldn't see any leaks in the car, pulled the pump, tried hooking the outlet directly to a hose to pump to a jerry can, it would pump for a few seconds, then die away, so I pulled the pump and the sock but that wasn't really bad either...

Edited by Keeper

got the air out of the lines, getting between 40psi and 60psi now what ever i set the regulator at, but is it normal for the pressure to drop off slowly over 1-2 mins by 5-10psi?