SAU Community

Liberty Premiumax 100 (e10)

webng

We have Premimax or Premiumax or whatever it's called at the Libertys in Adelaide... I tried it and from memory wasn't much different, slightly worse economy (gotta expect that it has a higher ethanol content). Although my ECU was tuned for BP Ultimate (98).

what state are you in? i dont know of any liberty stations near me

Yeah in Adelaide. Funny thing is, I rang up a Liberty station closer by and the guy insisted there was no such thing as E10 100 octane fuel in Liberty stations :D

I have been using Gull E10 for a couple of years. It is a 10% ethanol mix. You won't get better economy but it will clean out your fuel system so get a new fuel filter soon. Main advantage is you can run a bit more timing (go faster) but of course you need some means of tuning it (Nistune, E-Manage, Link etc).

yes, apparently ethanol has no "knocking" not like regular petrol, so alot of people use it in racing cars etc. but its not a self coolant like petrol, so running anything more than about 20-30% you need a cooled head.

yes, apparently ethanol has no "knocking" not like regular petrol, so alot of people use it in racing cars etc. but its not a self coolant like petrol, so running anything more than about 20-30% you need a cooled head.

Cooled head? Not sure where you are going there...

I tried the United e10 100 octane and wasn't impressed. It didn't seem any better at knock protection than the BP98 I was using.

I have since tuned for Caltex e85 eflex, a much better fuel. Power is up 50kw, 20% more torque, lower egt's and no more pinking/knock. If anyone gets the chance to tune for ethanol, do it, you wont regret it.

I tried the United e10 100 octane and wasn't impressed. It didn't seem any better at knock protection than the BP98 I was using.

2 points of difference in octane isnt much, youd probably expect slight variation anyways from batch to batch of fuel. E85 is like the equivalent of what, 106 octane?

I have since tuned for Caltex e85 eflex, a much better fuel. Power is up 50kw, 20% more torque, lower egt's and no more pinking/knock. If anyone gets the chance to tune for ethanol, do it, you wont regret it.

I am interested, but what about for a purely economical replacement for premium grade fuel?

At minimum you need aftermarket fuel management, maybe larger injectors, dyno time for tuning, and a fuel system clean?

Then did you find a 30% increase in fuel usage, and how much do you pay for E85?

I am interested, but what about for a purely economical replacement for premium grade fuel?

At minimum you need aftermarket fuel management, maybe larger injectors, dyno time for tuning, and a fuel system clean?

Then did you find a 30% increase in fuel usage, and how much do you pay for E85?

I have found it to cost about the same as 98 once the lower price is taken into account. Caltex sell their E-Flex for 20c less than unleaded. Cheapest power upgrade I have done as I already had the supporting mods.

A Walbro pump and seimens deka injectors (for the neo motors) wont set you back more than $600 but you will need some way tuning it.

The ethanol will strip clean the fuel system so you would need to change the filter after the first few tanks. Ive been running it for 8 months now with no issues with the stock fuel system.

I have found it to cost about the same as 98 once the lower price is taken into account. Caltex sell their E-Flex for 20c less than unleaded. Cheapest power upgrade I have done as I already had the supporting mods.

A Walbro pump and seimens deka injectors (for the neo motors) wont set you back more than $600 but you will need some way tuning it.

The ethanol will strip clean the fuel system so you would need to change the filter after the first few tanks. Ive been running it for 8 months now with no issues with the stock fuel system.

Goddamn Scotty you are sooo tempting me. $600 + tuning = 50kw gain!!?

Then again I gotta get my zorst done 1st. Is there any point doing this on a Stag without a hi flowed turbo and emanage?

the last time I used liberty ethanol premium (on way to p/up momo wheel from mike) I put in half a tank, ran it dry and didnt boost it much.

seemed down slightly on punch/power and a little iffy, wasnt comfortable with it seeing my Fic-8 piggyback & remap is tuned for premium 98 (I use mobil, bp or shell)

after the half tank was used up, next tank of premium went in under 200kms, same with tank after that.

fuel economy went shithouse.

ripped out the fuel filter and replaced, fresh tank of 98, and got 420kms before the low fuel warning light came up

considering she used to get 420kms per tank with 120awkw, happy that its around 400kms with 240awkw

will try the liberty ethanol blend again soon, to clean out the carbon deposits, soot, etc, and replace fuel filter again afterwards. definately clogs up the filter!

Then again I gotta get my zorst done 1st. Is there any point doing this on a Stag without a hi flowed turbo and emanage?

Yes!!

It works better with more boost, 20+psi, our engine compression is too low to run ethanol well, without pumping the boost (which I wouldn't like to do with the ceramic exhaust wheel.) but yes you will still see a gain.

Some people say 5 degrees across the board but I prefer to let the engine do the talking. There is no set figure, every engine reacts differently.

WOT dyno tuning for maximum torque at the least timing advance is the safest way, much better to bump the boost up imo, mine feels good at 22psi. :(

• 6 months later...

Yeah, I went to Liberty a couple of weeks ago, went to fill up with the 100 that I had been using. . . The Pump said 98 and the bowser said 100???

I went in and spoke to the manager and he said they were in the process of changing all the signage over to 98 as the fuel was not actually 100. Not sure if it never was or if it was then changed back?

I was running the United 100 octane E10 and found a substantial difference in my car, car seemed all round happier and fuel economy was consistent (no idea why, figured it'd be down).

When it got removed from sale I contacted United, and to their credit they got back to me very quickly. Contrary to what the bloke at the servo told me, their 98 has no ethanol (it used to before the 100 came out). They've run out of ethanol because of the Queensland floods apparently and expect to get it back later this month. Then it should be available at all the servos.

Scotty, good suggestion but I'm yet to find a Caltex in Adelaide that stocks Eflex DAMMIT! You can still only get E85 from specailised race fuel suppliers, although there may be a couple of other servos that stock it now.

I have no idea why you Mexicans get it and we don't... >_<