SAU Community

Liberty Premiumax 100 (e10)

webng

I have found it to cost about the same as 98 once the lower price is taken into account. Caltex sell their E-Flex for 20c less than unleaded. Cheapest power upgrade I have done as I already had the supporting mods.

A Walbro pump and seimens deka injectors (for the neo motors) wont set you back more than $600 but you will need some way tuning it.

The ethanol will strip clean the fuel system so you would need to change the filter after the first few tanks. Ive been running it for 8 months now with no issues with the stock fuel system.

what are you using to account for the variations in ethanol %?

i was reading it can fluctuate anywhere from 50% to 85% hence there being e-flex and e85

eflex - panatalinga road Caltex sells it Ryan.

even if I put in only say 10L I find my fuel filter gets gummed up..... must be a bit of sludge in my tank.

Thanks Brendan, but I'm north and it's not worth going all that way just to run the tank empty by the time I get home :P

According to the Caltex web site Salisbury Park and St Marys stock eflex too, but I guess its a practical thing - whats the point in running eflex if it's that hard to get?

I have two Caltex servos conveniently close to me... is it that hard to put an eflex pump in?

Hi all,

I am at athelstone, SA.

Any info on when/if they will be re-selling E10 100 octane?

Surprised at the advice that they can't get the ethanol, as Liberty are still selling the 94 octane E10 unleaded.

Cheers,

Adrian

I'm guessing Liberty have their own fuel supplies, and it seems they don't have 100 octane, highest is 98.

They told me late June/July they should be replenished. Fingers crossed!

• 1 month later...

my dad works @ birkenhead Mobil and said libery 98 used to be mobil 8000 and now shell won the contract to supply 98 ron fuel to liberty

and to everyone surprise guess what shell and mobil share the same holding tanks its the same fuel, he said when shell take theirs out they add additives for Vpower

EDIT

sorry its united

Hi all,

I am at athelstone, SA.

Any info on when/if they will be re-selling E10 100 octane?

Surprised at the advice that they can't get the ethanol, as Liberty are still selling the 94 octane E10 unleaded.

Cheers,

Adrian

E10 100oct is now back in stock at United servo pooraka. Been waiting a couple months for it. I'm running it in our M35 and now I can use high boost setting in my 180sx now that it's back.