SAU Community

Turbo Upgrade! N1, Gtss, 2860-5 Or 2530?

boky

Hey everyone, had my R32 GTR for a few months and ive decided to upgrade turbos.

Now before everyone starts telling me to go look at the RB26 turbo upgrade section i already have and it didn't really answer my questions about what to choose.

Current turbos are rebuild stock turbos with steel wheels (possibly only exhaust wheel is steel and intake is ceramic) and they have been hi flowed. They 360drg thrust bearing (not ball bearing), Turbos came with the car the previous owner got the turbos done. All Supporting mods are fitted aswell as adjustable cam gears(according to previous owner tuned for response) and cold air intake with head shield. Car runs @18psi, reason for upgrade is i want better response. Car pulls nicely from about 3800rpm but doesnt make full boost until about 4700-5000rpm (rev limit deduced to 7500).

Not looking for any extra power car makes 280kw and i dont want to take the stock motor much further. All im looking for is the turbos that will come on tap as early as possible and also maintain torque and power throughout the rev range. Currently torque drops away at 4000rpm from 480nm to 350 by rev limit.

These 4 sets of ball bearing turbos in the title seem to be the most popular for what i want out of them, how much of a reduction in spool time should i expect to see with ball bearing turbos? which ones would everyone recommend for everyday driving @18psi? Is it worth replacing the stock dump pipes for full 3" ones?

If i need to give any more information tell me and ill answer best i can.

Dude this is covered in depth in this thread here:

(not just the dyno results)

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/7-...tml&hl=2860

From the very first post you can see which turbos are the ones you want.

Before I close this, as honestly the thread has covered this 20 times over… I’ll tell you as well…

R34 N1’s is what you want for 280rwkw and blistering response.

No car will hold torque forever, however they are the single best choice for your power goal

(just testing the close w/ search feature), so ignore

Thread closed. Believe it or not, but since SAU started more than 7 years ago, this topic has been discussed before.

Please use the search function in future. It may be found here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/search.html

While we understand that it can be frustrating to have your thread closed - Please consider that other members may feel it to be disrespectful and selfish of you to post a simple question, without using the search feature to review the wealth of information provided by said members over the years.

If you still feel that this action is unjust, then please PM me and we can discuss it further.