SAU Community

Import Monster Sau Nationals 2011

R31Nismoid

Course it is - there is a NSW contingent coming down. Eric (NSW) & Vu (SA) are going to be doing some filming for state clubs that will go onto the DVD as well, so it'll be quite awesome :)

Just to spectate @ both events will be free :)

if its th one in your avatar, its a cube with mags. Mr Chef has set the bar with cubes

Why so serious? It's almost stock, I'd just be entering for a laugh, it wouldn't win anything. But I was making the point that some FWDs might like to enter and there's no class for them to enter in.

Why so serious? It's almost stock, I'd just be entering for a laugh, it wouldn't win anything. But I was making the point that some FWDs might like to enter and there's no class for them to enter in.

Perhaps its just me but I dont see the point of a "Best Intruder" class when there are still other area's to add trophies for the skylines.

"Best Engineered" for example. Sure its a pipe dream for me, but if the class existed, I would be stoked if I won it. Or of I didn't it would be nice at least to be compared with other highly engineered cars. Best modified R32/R33/R34 could also potentially have their own classes.

Considering Im driving over 6000km to attend this event, I see "best intruder" as being about as important as the best commodore burnout. Both are things I won't be looking at while at a 'Skyline' event.

(Dont take that as though I'm hating on your cube either. After all, my other car is a vw! We are all entitled to our bad tastes and insanities.)

Good ideas there Ian, and valid points. It's people like you travelling as far as you are - is what we are trying to accommodate best. Hence limited track day numbers to give everyone as much track time as possible for their travel.

Best Modified though - interesting class given there is already "best R34" and "best overall GTR" - the same car would potentially already take two trophies and then best mod as well.

Unfortunately the budget for the event isn't endless so can have unlimited trophies for all classes.

Although that said I've been talking to 2-3 places for trophies and getting rough quotes. If its as all possible there will be more classes. Will come down to whatever kinda deal can be organised really

Hoping to get all the SAU Club Presidents along to do the judging, and then one club member as well or something.

Was also thinking of a SAU Club "grudge trophy" for the Club with the most attitude, and then each year it gets taken into account and various clubs could win it for the year haha. Nothing like a bit of friendly rivalry,

Gotta say I'm massively pumped about this. Finishing touches being applied to the 32 in preparation, but damnit shoulda done the track day on the Sunday and show n shine the day before - cos the car is going to rock up perfect, then get thrashed on the track.... I need a pet detailer :D

yeah sussed it out, looks to be plenty of options available so that's a good sign. Not sure what days I'm coming yet or if I'm staying, so I'll look again when I know what's going on..

Any idea where the majority of the Vic guys are staying?

Welcome to Just Car Insurance who are onboard as a Sponsor :)

www.justcarinsurance.com.au

www.facebook.com/justcar

No doubt quite a few of you all have cars insured with them, they will also come along with a trade stand for both days with people you can chat to on the day about Insurance for your ride :thumbsup:

Hey guys, just wondering where the saturday night stuff (Sat 29th Evening - Finger food/group function & Track Day Trophies) is being held, just trying to figure out where to stay.

Has anyone thought about letting car magazines know this event is going on

Might give sau some sort of reputation and might get more member and help out each sector of sau financially