SAU Community

Hi From Melbourne

Bren81

Gday,

Ive been looking through the site for a couple of days and thought I should sign up, so here I am.

Ive wanted a Skyline GTR for a long as I can remember and have finally got myself in the financial position that I am happy to spend the money on one. I have an strange love for Nissan straight 6's, previously owned 2 VL comondores (1x N/A, 1x Moded Turbo) and currently have a Patrol with a big pile of slow reving junk they called TB42, Also have a Long wheel base Suzuki Sierra with more non-standard that standard parts in it.

I have been looking through all the forum categories but havn't figured out where I can make a new thread with very specific (anal) questions I have about R32 GTR's, can someone tell me where to post, or will I get told to search for hours like some other forums (I dont have a problem with either option).

Cheers,

Brendan

search :P nah post your question in this thread so we can tell you what it should go in, then start a new topic. welcome btw

Thanks Basti,

My main question is about the price of R32 GTR's, most people seem to be trying to sell them for $18,000-$20,000, but I have noticed that alot of the GTR's on here have been listed for months, is this because the sellers are dreaming about the price or is it that they are not a particularly popular car and just dont sell quick?

Other silly questions I have I can probably search for, but one important one (to me) is, I have never even sat in a R32 and I am quite tall 6'3 and all legs. Will I comfortably fit in a R32 or were they designed for little Japanese people?

Last Q (for now :P ) is about the KM's GTR's for sale have done, most seem to have done around 100,000kms, this to me seems extremely low for a 20ish year old car, why? Do 99% of the clocks get wound back before they are shipped to Aus? Do people just not drive them much (If so why? Are they not a nice car to drive?)

Cheers,

Brendan

Thanks Basti,

My main question is about the price of R32 GTR's, most people seem to be trying to sell them for $18,000-$20,000, but I have noticed that alot of the GTR's on here have been listed for months, is this because the sellers are dreaming about the price or is it that they are not a particularly popular car and just dont sell quick?

No particular demand.

$18,000 - $20,000 is a decent price for a R32 GTR these days, but it doesn't hurt to pay a bit more towards the mid 20's and get a very good condition one.

Having said that, it is a 20+ year old car... Things will need replacing sooner or later.

Other silly questions I have I can probably search for, but one important one (to me) is, I have never even sat in a R32 and I am quite tall 6'3 and all legs. Will I comfortably fit in a R32 or were they designed for little Japanese people?

I have heard of 6 foot tall if not taller ppl sit in S13 Silvia's / 180SX's.

The seat will go back quite far, just don't have anyone sit behind you and you'd be fine.

Last Q (for now :P ) is about the KM's GTR's for sale have done, most seem to have done around 100,000kms, this to me seems extremely low for a 20ish year old car, why? Do 99% of the clocks get wound back before they are shipped to Aus? Do people just not drive them much (If so why? Are they not a nice car to drive?)

Cheers,

Brendan

Ppl always say AUS dealers wind the clock back, unless they have Log Books to tell the service history...

Only way you can tell is the condition of the car and get a mechanic to check it out.

+ The Import Dealers reputation is on the line if thing don't match up.

If a car looks like shit and done very little Km's, then there is something wrong.

Either way, be prepared to spend money to get it back to a good standard, service it every 5000 km's, keep on top of things and the car will take you a long way.

I believe most GTR's would either be a weekend car or a track car.

Due to Japan's dense population, most would take public transport and don't want to put up with the pike hour traffic, especially in a GTR :laugh:

That's how I see it...

Thanks SKYLINE, your info was very helpful, I read another thread during my searching about height and someone that was around my height who has owned a few different skylines said that the R32 GTR was the most comfortable to fit in. Looking forward to starting the search for my new toy in the new year.

Cheers,

Brendan

• 4 weeks later...

Just put a deposit down today, picking it up next week

1991 R32 GTR. Almost standard. Lowered, pod filters, exhaust, wheels and aftermarket seat (that I will probably swap fo a standard GTR seat)

Anyone tell me what model wheels they are (apparently they are Enkei's), I have been searching the net but havn't found them yet.

Pics

9662246.jpg

9662159.jpg