SAU Community

Having Two Cars

Modena

So if your 2-3 cars get into accidents with one another, we can assume you arranged it? :P

Now you've mentioned it, Terry. I've got friends (married couple) I go to Church with.

They have two cars (2004 Honda CRV and another daily) and were going out somewhere. The wife drove the CRV at the front and the husband drove another daily at the back. At one traffic light, she stopped quickly at red and the husband drove into the rear. :P

Bad luck.

Edited by Victor.T

Now you've mentioned it, Terry. I've got friends (married couple) I go to Church with.

They have two cars (2004 Honda CRV and another daily) and were going out somewhere. The wife drove the CRV at the front and the husband drove another daily at the back. At one traffic light, she stopped quickly at red and the husband drove into the rear. :P

Bad luck.

LOL...

Just because we go to church doesn't mean we escape calamity haha.... > nothing in the Bible about that VT.

A member of a church down the road had his car stolen whilst the service was going on > I wonder if he felt the car could stay unlocked just because it was in a church carpark LOL

LOL...

Just because we go to church doesn't mean we escape calamity haha.... > nothing in the Bible about that VT.

A member of a church down the road had his car stolen whilst the service was going on > I wonder if he felt the car could stay unlocked just because it was in a church carpark LOL

LOL, True. :)

Bad luck can struck anytime.

So if your 2-3 cars get into accidents with one another, we can assume you arranged it? :P

lol the POS is not insured (well third party only) so I wouldn't want to arrange anything like that!!!

If you can afford it then definantly go with the second car. If the roads are anything like up here then speed bumps, pot holes and stone chips are something that you don't want on your "good" car.

I have a my GTR and also a hyundai as a daily and if it died i'd have to go out and buy another car straight away.

Have 2 daily's an a weekend warrior...

08' corolla & 03 commo wagon are the daily's for the mrs n I. The old 02 zx6r is my weekend warrior... Tho it's turning into a once a month if I'm lucky warrior lately... Constant rain n lack of energy to suit up :)

I am (well I like to think I am) a car enthusiast.

As such, i always like to have a few nice cars and this has been the case for me for a while now. :D

Do what your heart tell you, as long as you can afford it and don't sacrifice your income/wealth (too much).

I am (well I like to think I am) a car enthusiast.

As such, i always like to have a few nice cars and this has been the case for me for a while now. :D

Do what your heart tell you, as long as you can afford it and don't sacrifice your income/wealth (too much).

Call up Shannons... you have to prove your a 'car enthusiast' to get insurance... stupido idea!

nope... we rent.

But thats another issue > Townsville real estate market is so over inflated that a high $200k house in adelaide is worth high $400k's in townsville. So i'm refusing to buy here... in the near future we'll be moving back to adelaide anyways

nope... we rent.

But thats another issue > Townsville real estate market is so over inflated that a high $200k house in adelaide is worth high $400k's in townsville. So i'm refusing to buy here... in the near future we'll be moving back to adelaide anyways

I think if I didnt buy my house back in 2008, i could easily pay down cash for a nicer R34 GTR, then again I bought my place for $300K, its probably now worth around $420-450K.

Then I couldnt actually buy my place right now if I tried to cos since GFC they tightened up the lending criteria.

I've got two cars, WRX for my everyday sensible car, and my R33 for the weekends :D

Renting my house atm tho, but I stocked up on CBA shares while they were down so hopefully they'll earn me some money and be a nice deposit on a house when I figure out where I want to live.

having more than one car is good for me as i have a never ending project car - and i live far from where i work.

the daily is cheap, reliable and comfortable , the project car the complete opposite.

its good for me because i have become attached to my car (was my first ever) and i can't get rid of her, therefore i need a daily to ensure she is safe and can do what i need to when i need to.

space, garages and shelter proves a problem, i am lucky as the project car lives at my dad's in his garage althoguh after moving out of home i am faced with the delema of safe secure storage, and that costs a bucket for what i want to do. it also limited our options for housing due to my dream of a "MANLAND". needed to find a place with rear yard access and a large enough block - hard to do for cheap

i can definately see the value in one nice car to drive everyday - and possibly this will happen once the young are spawned, but at the moment i see greater value and enjoyment in having 2 cars.

also insurance becomes more affordable the more cars you throw on a policy (for some companies) all my cars except the stagea are with shannons which will be turned over once they can match the rate for justcars - and should considereing now i have 2 other cars with them and better security and shelter.

having 2 cars rocks, if i break my skyline I can stick it on a trailer and tow it with my ute... :thumbsup:

And if i break both of them the missus picks me up ey...Life is peachy

EDIT..Just remembered i have no garage... :down:

Edited by Arthur T3