SAU Community

R33 Air/con Problems

proRB88

Hey guys and Girls,

Coming into summer now (well sort of, more like a lack of summer) I have found that my Air/Con on my R33 GTS-T, serious 1 has decided to be a moody cow and have a mind of its own as to when it would like to work.

Sometimes it will make super cold air, while other times (without changing the temperature on the a/c unit) it will be room temperature, or just below room temperature. Really freakin frustrating.

The compressor turns as soon as I press the a/c button, but I get no cold air inside the cabin. I got my gass checked and apparently there is plenty of pressure, the guy said there would be a leak somewhere in the system, and I quote the air/con dude “I would be looking at thousands of $$$ to get it fixed”

Has anybody had this problem? if so could they tell me how they fixed it!

I want to try and give it a go at fixing it myself, or at least telling the air/con guy where to start looking to fix the problem any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Vlad

if it has a full charge of refrigerant why is he telling you that it has a leak somewhere??

I would have a guess that your TX valve is faulty and only opening and closing some times..

I would take it to someone else that knows what they are talking about..

+1 for taking it somewhere else. with a set of gauges connected they should be able to tell you if its low on gas, tx valve fault, clutch slipping etc etc. wont cost much just to get a diagnosis. and would have to be extreme to cost thousands.

Thanx for the help guys, really appreciated :thumbsup:

What is a 'TX valve'?

&

Where is it located?

Is it something I could give a crack at fixing myself? Or is it better of to get a 'professional" to fix?

Once again thank you for your advice, i really need my air/con! (I know I'm a big ferry, i just don't handle heat all too well)

Vlad

Thanx for the help guys, really appreciated :thumbsup:

What is a 'TX valve'?

&

Where is it located?

Is it something I could give a crack at fixing myself? Or is it better of to get a 'professional" to fix?

Once again thank you for your advice, i really need my air/con! (I know I'm a big ferry, i just don't handle heat all too well)

Vlad

The TX valve is the part that controls the flow of refrigerant causing a pressure drop which causes the cooling effect..

You can not do anything to the A/C system yourself..

Firstly it is illegal as you don't have an automotive refrigerant handling licence

Secondly you don't have the correct tools to recover the refrigerant, vac the system out and avoid contamination..

I would just take it to another mechanic if i were u..

lets clear a couple things up. a tx or thermal expansion value coverts your low pressure liquid into a high pressure gas. if you get the gas taken Out by the ac shop you can work on it yourself. buy a new tx value - not from nissan! and put it in then get your regas. tx value is located up behind the glove box. takes bout half an hour. got any questions pm me.

• 6 years later...
On 12/11/2010 at 11:36 PM, t_revz said:

+1 for taking it somewhere else. with a set of gauges connected they should be able to tell you if its low on gas, tx valve fault, clutch slipping etc etc. wont cost much just to get a diagnosis. and would have to be extreme to cost thousands.

My clutch slips/plays up when I turn my aircon on, the revs drop a little but my actual clutch doesn't engage or disengage properly and it's really pissing me off! I hardly ever use aircon but with summer here and the Perth heat, I might need it for them extra hot days! Anyone know what's causing this or how to fix it? I know it's not my clutch, I just installed an Exedy HD clutch about 2 weeks ago, cheers

1 hour ago, bistratoaie said:

My clutch slips/plays up when I turn my aircon on, the revs drop a little but my actual clutch doesn't engage or disengage properly and it's really pissing me off! I hardly ever use aircon but with summer here and the Perth heat, I might need it for them extra hot days! Anyone know what's causing this or how to fix it? I know it's not my clutch, I just installed an Exedy HD clutch about 2 weeks ago, cheers

your gearbox clutch slips with aircon on?

what do you mean it doesnt engage or disengage properly?