SAU Community

Stagea Help....

Stagea year 2000 Turbo ..

1) is satgea a good car?

2) How is da handling and braking?

3) any know problems with this car?

4) becoz it has 4WD system ...just wondering if i put bigger offset wheels for da rears and small offsets for fronts (i know we can put different offsets for EVO's but not sure abt stageas...

Thanks in advance :thanks:

1) is satgea a good car?

4) becoz it has 4WD system ...just wondering if i put bigger offset wheels for da rears and small offsets for fronts (i know we can put different offsets for EVO's but not sure abt stageas...

1. Yeah the Stagea is a very good car. It's a bit on the heavy side but still a very nice car. A 2000 Model car is the Series 2 that has the NEO motor installed. you will get alot bang for your buck when it comes to upgrades/mods.

2. IMO Due to the weight the car has and the distribution of it, The handling is it's not it's greatest thing in the world. on standard height, the front end will want to float at high speeds. Get some good coilovers and it will help (check the suspension thread on here). The brakes are pretty good but if you want people tend to upgrade to R33 disc and calipers (check the Stagea Brakes thread)

3. Check the "Buyer's Guide - The Nissan C34 Stagea" thread and that will answer all your questions

4. I'm not sure on this one. I think you can't as the ATESSA system will start freaking out but one of the guys on here will be able to tell you

Do you have a pic of a the car you're looking at??

Edited by BigDirtyJase

Hi, S2 is good car ,

handling there are lot`s you can do, Brake`s just need sloted rotor`s Brake Stopper,Braided line`s ,no need to waste MONEY ON 4 POT`S.

LOT`S of Bargin`s about,

Wheel off set is your call, but all shoud be same Size over all .

R33 brakes do not fit series 2 Stagea. You will need R34 brakes. Get slotted R34 rotors while you're there.

As above, coilovers (10kg front 8kg rear) and bigger sway bars will sort the handling.

Then fit a 2530 turbo, Nistune, zorst and you can get 200awkw with a good tuner.

:thumbsup:

Depends what you want to do with the Stagea.

1. They are definitely NOT a race car.

2. You don't have to change the turbo to get 200 Awkw.

3. You will have to have an afermarket tunable ECU or piggy back and boost it to 10psi.

4. No big probs with them, except rust under the side mirrors.

5. Std brakes are OK unless you are going to race it. If so change fluid, Braided lines, and stopper as Chuckie says.

6. I did 3 fast laps on Wanneroo raceway before the std brakes start fading, but then they went quickly, mostly a fluid problem.

7. The diameter (rolling circumference) of the tyres must be the same front & rear.

You can offer me $17000 on mine.......

Just for the record r33 calipers and rotors fit a s2 stages, I have them fitted. Please read brakes section for how to. Try do make a he'll of a difference to the performance too

R33 brakes do not fit series 2 Stagea. You will need R34 brakes. Get slotted R34 rotors while you're there.

As above, coilovers (10kg front 8kg rear) and bigger sway bars will sort the handling.

Then fit a 2530 turbo, Nistune, zorst and you can get 200awkw with a good tuner.

:thumbsup:

1) is satgea a good car?

1. satgea? unsure. stagea? yes.

2. braking could be better. handling is pretty good for a wagon, but plenty of room for improvement there also.

3. rust under passenger mirror. otherwise, no.

4. you may have trouble with this. ATTESA can be a bit fussy. just put the same size on all 4 - surely that's not too big a limitation.

Not only can there be rust under the mirrors but if the JDM owner(s) lived in a place where salt is used on the roads you can find rust in other areas,

Look at the undersides and check all the cad plated bits, this will give you a good idea.