SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

Been reading this epic post for hours now and only got half way through it... But after all those hours of reading i noticed not one IW setup was documented, just the "dont go there" line was dropped a few times. Considering the price of these turbos, surely if your not chasing big power numbers wouldn't they be ok?? I only ask as i have already bought a TD06H601 before i found this thread and for the convenience of standard manifold placement and comp housing inlet size fits stock intake. I will be running this turbo with the following mods until i can afford a hi mount setup. Aim to run between 16 and 20 psi boost on RB25 Neo R34 GT-T. Hoping for around 250rwkw's, going to take it to Mercury Motorsport in Brisbane for final tune.

- Bosch 550cc injectors

- Walbro 255 fuel pump

- Return type FMIC

- Apexi PowerFC

- 3.5 inch straight through exhaust

- Z32 AFM

Once i have it all installed and tuned i will post dyno sheet for anyone interested. (3-4 weeks away)

Ebay link to turbo i bought - http://www.ebay.com....984.m1439.l2649

It will be interesting to see your reuslts, and you will probably be a pioneer in doing so. If you are willing to try it out then go for it.

Like ARTZ said probably 240kw tops, but it may feel pretty nice to drive in all honesty. Who knows, maybe you can be the one to prove they arent as bad as we have been making them out to be? Afterall its all theory based at the moment.

It will be interesting to see your reuslts, and you will probably be a pioneer in doing so. If you are willing to try it out then go for it.

Like ARTZ said probably 240kw tops, but it may feel pretty nice to drive in all honesty. Who knows, maybe you can be the one to prove they arent as bad as we have been making them out to be? Afterall its all theory based at the moment.

not a theory, trent has confirmed he's tuned a few of the IW ones and they were sh*t and couldn't hold boost.

Putting aside numbers for a second. Here is a 210rwkws Hypergear R33 GTS25t on good street/track tyres.(camera car). In fronf of him is an R33 GTS25t with a Trust T67-25G setup on RE55s. And in front of him me with my TD06-20G, I think i still had the std inlet plenum on at this stage.

So you have 210rwkws/street tyres chasing 310rwkws/semis chasing 260rwkws/semis. John in the camera car is a bit mad and with slightly quicker cars in front of him does a brilliant job of hunting us down, and murders us both under brakes...but you see the acceleration isnt worlds apart...and funniest thing of all...you dont see the T67-25G R33 get near my bumper let along overtake... :whistling:

I think this vid puts the numbers people sometimes chase into perspective. Would have been real interesting if the camera car had RE55s and had the same corner speed. But an extra 100rwkws means we do get away but we are hardly leaving him for dead.

yes ive had words to justin about that :P

1:36 is his best, i reckon there is another 2 or so in it, but GTST brakes are his down fall. Next track day im gonna passenger with a cattle prod.

Yes john is mad, super consistent, nice guy and needs a bigger AFM... or not i think he enjoys the flames.

not a theory, trent has confirmed he's tuned a few of the IW ones and they were sh*t and couldn't hold boost.

I know this but the failures are not well documented at this stage. It could be that they work OK at lower boost levels. I doubt this guy will get close to 20psi before the compressor is maxed anyway.

What size is the rear housing? I cant open them at work but I think Kando only do 8 and 12cm jobs

I know this but the failures are not well documented at this stage. It could be that they work OK at lower boost levels. I doubt this guy will get close to 20psi before the compressor is maxed anyway.

What size is the rear housing? I cant open them at work but I think Kando only do 8 and 12cm jobs

Some hold boost...just dont make power... utter junk. We were around 20rwkw behind from 17psi onwards and 40rwkw odd at higher boost levels. Swap out the int gate housing to ext gate and magic happens...:cheers:

But they are cheap so what the hey.

yes ive had words to justin about that :P

1:36 is his best, i reckon there is another 2 or so in it, but GTST brakes are his down fall. Next track day im gonna passenger with a cattle prod.

Yes john is mad, super consistent, nice guy and needs a bigger AFM... or not i think he enjoys the flames.

well the story unfolds...the bits Roy didnt tell...

Roy has more experience...

John has massive brakes...

Justin needs shock therapy...

a rb30 series 2 block is what they call a A8 block or if you dont know what that is its a block with the oil feed and oil return and coolant feed etc for the turbo which are just blocked off with bungs. they were used in the late VL commodores i guess holden just wanted to move on the turbo blocks so people call them a series 2 block

FWIW, Aussie R31 had the oil feed / return on all models.

well the story unfolds...the bits Roy didnt tell...

Roy has more experience...

John has massive brakes...

Justin needs shock therapy...

LOL...The whole point of the vid was straight line acceleration...not lap times. :nyaanyaa:

I don't know Justin , I spoke to him briefly on the day when I bumped into Trent "I grew a bear lately and am hardly recognisable" . On the day he was doing a smidgen under 1:38s and then at another day he did a mid 1:36 :thumbsup: Be real keen to see how the T67 goes with more runs...I was paying attention as I have that turbo at home :yes::)

As I said I don't know Justin, but with regards to John. Thanks for the using the word experience rather that slow...lol because I think its pretty obvious John is a quicker driver than me :angry:

Well i couldn't help myself after reviewing this thread again, so i sent kando dynamics a request to swap out my kit plus the differance between the kits and postage for an exchange on the T67-25G. Hopefully the exchange is accepted, as i havn't even recieved the original kit yet. 300+ kw with great reviews is just to hard to pass up i think... But thank you all for your feedback regarding the first kit.

Edited by swarzee

Thanks for the using the word experience rather that slow...lol because I think its pretty obvious John is a quicker driver than me :angry:

If any one has earned the title slow its me, im not even on the track yet, I dont even have a helmet...:laugh:

How many cars have you wrecked??

Well i couldn't help myself after reviewing this thread again, so i sent kando dynamics a request to swap out my kit plus the differance between the kits and postage for an exchange on the T67-25G. Hopefully the exchange is accepted, as i havn't even recieved the original kit yet. 300+ kw with great reviews is just to hard to pass up i think... But thank you all for your feedback regarding the first kit.

Thats the spirit :thumbsup:

Yeh, its bumpy as hell at the back under brakes....but the bigger problem is the gearbox fluid pissing out underneath the car and covering the underside of the car and rear tyres in oil :domokun: I should have known something was up coming onto the straight as the thing didnt normally wheelspin in 3rd gear like that :( But I simply didnt click and kept my foot into it.

Yeh, its bumpy as hell at the back under brakes....but the bigger problem is the gearbox fluid pissing out underneath the car and covering the underside of the car and rear tyres in oil :domokun: I should have known something was up coming onto the straight as the thing didnt normally wheelspin in 3rd gear like that :( But I simply didnt click and kept my foot into it.

Committed! :thumbsup:

Question for Trent (STATUS):

Do you believe the example shown for the 2871 vs L2 10cm to be acceptable as a 'rule of thumb' expectation?

The results you gave showed the L2 was just as responsive as a 2871 (am asuming .64 rear) and when the 2871 capped off at 250kw the L2 kept going to 300....

Am tossing up if I can expect the same from my own basic SR setup if I was to do a T3 10cm L2-20g with a decent manifold and gate.. The 2871 isnt too laggy when setup right (IMHO) but I am scared of how horrid a 10cm 20g might be on a stock SR.

Input would be highly appreciated :)

Kando Dynamics are willing to exchange kits for no extra charge, pretty happy with their service so far :thumbsup:

They do have good service, they have answered every question ive thrown at them and there also neg on the prices of there turbos. Even tho its "buy it now" auctions, Not that there overly expensive anyway.