SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

yes and jez had boost issues as well but that was because of his gate.

BSA had the same gate mod and he didnt have any spool issues and his was plumbed up the same way as well.

im gonna try with a bleed valve or borrow a profec b2 off Jez if he has time, so we can try it out.

It isn't the manifold so far it will hold gate pressure till red line but with abc on it spikes then drops to gate pressure. There is no way that the manifold is stopping power so far.

it doesn't spike Blake, it just won't hold

no matter what boost (higher then 1 bar) he puts in it will hold till 5000rpm and drop down to gate pressure.

pretty devo atm, my old setup was faster than this Lol

i am thinking of just getting a bigger spring, would this sort it out?

21psi springs. rip out EBC & sell it.

anyone here have bigger wastegate springs i can borrow to trial?

I had a 17 psi set up but changed to 10 with a boost controller I would just try a few different springs and aim close to target boost

mm. well its nothing to do with them that its dropping boost.. I just wanted to know.

I dont think the issue is in the turbo either, that rear wheel and housing combo has been proven plenty with the T67s and I doubt the 20g will throw it off that much that it caps out that early.

Try get the boost to stay on I guess. Did you try running a higher duty and lower gain? IE slow spool with high target?

yes and jez had boost issues as well but that was because of his gate.

BSA had the same gate mod and he didnt have any spool issues and his was plumbed up the same way as well.

im gonna try with a bleed valve or borrow a profec b2 off Jez if he has time, so we can try it out.

My issue was opposite. I had boost creep due to a small 34mm gate.

Try plumbing the boost line into the top of the gate to help hold it shut. 5minute job, other wise come grab some springs and the profec b solenoid and control unit to try

Yeah, my tuner played with the gain, it doesn't make a difference.

My issue was opposite. I had boost creep due to a small 34mm gate.

Try plumbing the boost line into the top of the gate to help hold it shut. 5minute job, other wise come grab some springs and the profec b solenoid and control unit to try

thanks mate, getting it back tomorrow morning so will give it a try then. the MVR springs won't work with my gate :(

Have you considered the gate mod to the manifold might be holding it back? I wonder what would happen if it was plumbed off the rear housing instead with an intact manifold.

And that is some pretty rapid spool. Will be interesting to see the final result. Don't forget Jez has the same turbo and housing.

Yeah I would be looking at the manifold/gate arrangement

Yeah I would be looking at the manifold/gate arrangement

dont think this would be the case Simon, Blake (BSA) had the same manifold setup (but smaller gate) on his car and it wasn't an issue

what spring are you using in your gate at 1.5 bar ?

Has the boost controller been set up properly?? I am only using two 7psi springs in my Comp-gate40, but with the boost controller it holds 20psi dead flat.