SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

Have thought about that too, but can't help but feel that there is a possibility the owner will want to charge for more boost at some point in the future. I tend to think of F20Bs and more so H22As as parallels of RB25s, which I'd probably not put a TD05 on either. I think in this case a little more lag and more than enough flow would be the preferred, but still pondering on it.

.... the brutal hit of the 20g.

LOL, I wish it had a brutal hit :) The car that I drove years ago that made me go TD06-20G was an 180SX Jap Drift car and it did come on harder then the RB20...but wasnt as brutal as say an RB25 with HKS 3040...that came on HARD!

Re the low boost Honda. As a rough guide my thing makes 180rwks at 8psi. 225rwkws at 14psi and 260rwkws at 19psi...roughly. So they work ok at lower pressure ratios giving you a decent gain per psi even at low boost

Roy - cheers, thats the 20G with TD06 hotside - right? Thats one of the reasons I am pondering the full TD06SL2 20G, an 18G etc will make >230kw - but they may need the boost more. The Honda needs decent flow at lower boost, and they drive turbos reasonably well. If we went TD05 (or even 06) with an 18G compressor and found that it isn't flowing quite as much as we need then that would be quite a pain. If we go TD06SL2 20G its going to make the power the engine will want to make on 11-12psi as far as I can tell, but it will be less responsive than the 18G (esp. TD05 hotside one), which relatively speaking is probably less of a fail as I can't see the TD06SL2 being terribly laggy relative to rev range.

The trick here is the current turbo on the car is a Chinese 700hp something or another, so anything compared to that is probably going to feel supercharged :) The other thing to remember is with a filthy Honda, with this car the party starts at around 5500rpm and redline on this fella is 8000rpm regardless of if or what turbo is on it.

Appreciate any thoughts or experience that might help with this, as at the moment just trying to make the best educated guess.

Do you really peg the H22A with similar character to an RB25? That's some jump.

If its good flow at low boost I would be thinking larger compressor smaller turbine. Maybe TD05H 20G? I can only see this as a negative if the user wants to access the upper most regions of the compressors flow capacity. Remember again the Evos do quite well out of the little TD05H :thumbsup:

Do you really peg the H22A with similar character to an RB25? That's some jump.

If its good flow at low boost I would be thinking larger compressor smaller turbine. Maybe TD05H 20G? I can only see this as a negative if the user wants to access the upper most regions of the compressors flow capacity. Remember again the Evos do quite well out of the little TD05H :thumbsup:

I'm not actually sure what you're saying by saying "Thats some jump", surely you aren't talking about an RB25 over an H22A?

Yeah, I had thought about the whole TD05/20G idea as well and still think its well worth considering though mindful of the fact that 240kw @ wheels on an EVO is pushing the old TD05s quite hard while there is the possibility we could be looking at numbers in that range from the Honda and really keen on ideally not becoming knock limited - or at least minimally so.

I owned a H22A VTEC Prelude in Auckland for 4 years, damn nice cars, and the H22A really gets going after 5500rpm - almost turbo goodness - they are quite high compression engines though, I take it that your friend's block (talking to you Lithium) has the compression lowered as its already turboed??

Yep, around 9.5:1 compression - and yeah, they are very good motors and have epic potential. My flatmates Prelude makes in the area of 190fwkw, which would be respectable for a turbo 4cyl even :)

Yep, around 9.5:1 compression - and yeah, they are very good motors and have epic potential. My flatmates Prelude makes in the area of 190fwkw, which would be respectable for a turbo 4cyl even :)

Thats a bit hard to digest, from the factory they are 150kw at the engine, lets say this is 110-120 fwkw, and since Hondas are NA and so well tuned and designed from the factory, no amount of headers, exhaust, intake and VTEC controllers is going to net you that much gain over stock (unlike turbo cars), I think roughly even 30fwkw gain over stock is huge for a Honda. If that Prelude makes 190fwkw without a turbo (unless its the same friend with the turbo H22A?) then thats either pretty phenomenal or too good to be true..pinch.gif

If that Prelude makes 190fwkw without a turbo then thats either pretty phenomenal

Cheers, will tell the owner that... he gets a kick out of people being incredulous at the results :D A huge amount of work into it to get there - it goes a tad beyond exhaust intake and VTEC controller but no its not the car we're matching a turbo for so a bit OT, was pointing out these things can breathe something fierce if they want to.

gtfo with all your Honda talk.

with the lovely day yesterday with dry roads, i was able to test the current tune on only 14psi and it is very responsive.

will be interesting to compare graphs with mine and a gt3071 to compare boost/rpm when i get it.

cant wait to experience the full tune of 22psi in a few weeks!

will be lots of fun.. :devil:

oh and the car sounds extremely g4y with the gate plumbed up, it needs to scream!!

Will be interesting to see what it makes at 18psi vs 20psi vs 22psi. (hint, hint :rolleyes: )

Roy, can you please post up your latest td06-20g dyno graph so i got something to work off :)

gtfo with all your Honda talk.

with the lovely day yesterday with dry roads, i was able to test the current tune on only 14psi and it is very responsive.

will be interesting to compare graphs with mine and a gt3071 to compare boost/rpm when i get it.

cant wait to experience the full tune of 22psi in a few weeks!

will be lots of fun.. :devil:

oh and the car sounds extremely g4y with the gate plumbed up, it needs to scream!!

I always thought you were the boy who digs Hondas.. On a different note, its good to hear you like the Kando TD06 on your 34 Neo, thats the way I'm sure I will be heading soon.:yes: From initial impressions, does the boost and 'torque feel' ramp up hard and aggressive or is it the boring linear feeling turbo that some people love??

Roy, can you please post up your latest td06-20g dyno graph so i got something to work off :)

Will be interesting to see the difference. I only have road speed graphs which normally look ok ithrough the mid due to the shorter gearing and 17" wheels.

This is my current one, running Plazmaman, 6boost and the difference is 98 and ARC cooler vs 100 and R34 GTR cooler.

med_gallery_462_50_656235.jpg

This gives you an idea of how much I lost with the Plazmaman and 6boost manifold

med_gallery_462_50_277177.jpg

LOL, so looking at the above graph you may start to understand why sometimes I seem like an argumentative bastard with looking to quantify results or asking questions. I have spent about 2k on manifold changes only to lose power and response and make the car more sensitive to ignition and detonation :spank:

Cheers, will tell the owner that... he gets a kick out of people being incredulous at the results :D A huge amount of work into it to get there - it goes a tad beyond exhaust intake and VTEC controller but no its not the car we're matching a turbo for so a bit OT, was pointing out these things can breathe something fierce if they want to.

agreed the honda product is hugely underated.. People in the states slap a turbo or 2 on a v6 accord and it easily pokes out 300fwkw...and there inlies their problem "FWKW" as useless as a one legged man in an ass kickin competition..the day they put a diff in the rear end is the day they get the notoriety they deserve..

I always thought you were the boy who digs Hondas.. On a different note, its good to hear you like the Kando TD06 on your 34 Neo, thats the way I'm sure I will be heading soon.:yes: From initial impressions, does the boost and 'torque feel' ramp up hard and aggressive or is it the boring linear feeling turbo that some people love??

yeh mate, comes on hard.

you will not be disappointed if you go down this path.

yeh mate, comes on hard.

you will not be disappointed if you go down this path.

Good to hear you sorted your boost problems mate. Keen to see your dyno results! What rpm are you hitting full boost by with the TD06SL2-20G?

Edited by swarzee

Good to hear you sorted your boost problems mate. Keen to see your dyno results! What rpm are you hitting full boost by with the TD06SL2-20G?

did a test last night,

in 4th from 2000rpm flat foot, it hit full boost by around 37-3800rpm.