SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

No tyres except bald A050s, and car is broken...ditto my Sierra which I am still fixing...so no:(. All my efforts are going into Nationals and by efforts I mean money. Still, the R32 is capable of a few 0-400mtr blasts but not much more :(

your 20 finally on its way? I don't believe lol

There are some not so great signs...it boiled all its coolant and burnt about 1L of oil the the other week when it split a heater hose under the inlet manifold and overheated in peak hour on a Friday night. Changed all the coolant lines/hoses but some strange things still happening which concern me. Its now just a matter of time I think

There are some not so great signs...it boiled all its coolant and burnt about 1L of oil the the other week when it split a heater hose under the inlet manifold and overheated in peak hour on a Friday night. Changed all the coolant lines/hoses but some strange things still happening which concern me. Its now just a matter of time I think

I sold my DE+T setup to a dude with this bright orange S14 and installed it for him as part of the deal. It left me running smooth but not liking boost too much due to rat shit battery terminals and holes in his cooler pipes. I told him to fix the battery and leaks then come back so I can set the timing as his crappy voltage meant I couldnt get the timing to lock. I also investigated why his heater wouldnt work, and found it to be that his core had been looped. I told him I assume this was due to the core leaking and recommended he doesnt reconnect it.

Brings it back a week later with the problems 'fixed' and its running like a total bag of shit. Heater has been reconnected and suddenly the water pump is pissing out fluid (assume it got debris from the reconnected heater core in it and rooted a seal). Not a drop of coolant in the radiator either. Cooler pipe has duct tape covering the holes and the afm has been pieced back together with gasket goo. I do my best to look for possible issues and problems but it still runs like ass. in the end I also felt like I was mostly being blamed -_-.

Point of the story, prior to me selling that motor it was only 45ks old and ran faultlessly. One little overheat and its turned into a pig. I hope you havent done too much damage Roy :( your little RB has been heroic over the years.

my dad put a big concrete slab in the front yard which is nicely painted grey. so i cant work out there no more.

doomed to being a back yarder, bloody wogs.

Got my Kando oil feed at my desk after ordering on Fri- absolutely brilliant service even though he didn't respond to my query. Thats what I ordered and looks like what it is in the pic:

http://www.ebay.com....984.m1497.l2649

But the plastic bag has TOYOTA 1JZGTE on it haha, is it the same part/fitting for the 1JZ/RB25..? Lol. It also has the code 2000-930-821 written on plastic bag sticker/tag.

Edited by rondofj

Kando says the part number for the RB25 line is 2000-930-821

so RB25 and 1JZ probably have the same oil feed thread pattern. No big deal.

But WOW what a way to get shut down LOL. ra ra ra he wont reply, ZING its at your door in 3 business days hahaha. Quality item for $41 delivered. Winning!

Kando says the part number for the RB25 line is 2000-930-821

so RB25 and 1JZ probably have the same oil feed thread pattern. No big deal.

But WOW what a way to get shut down LOL. ra ra ra he wont reply, ZING its at your door in 3 business days hahaha. Quality item for $41 delivered. Winning!

Yes man absolutely, no reply to my email, then next day I get a tracking no. on ebay, then couple of days later its at my desk in the morning before I am! lol

Edited by rondofj

That oil feed restrictor does look tiny though, bit skeptical if its good enough as its meant for an oil and water cooled garret T3/T4 core, whereas my PTE 5558 (still T3/T4 core) is only oil cooled.. turbo blowing up from lack of enough oil? hahaah :no:

Edited by rondofj

There are 2 ways to do the oil feed for that turbo.

1: A standard 2 bolt T3/T4 fitting like what Ron has bought

2: use a 1/8 NPT male to -4AN male adapter and then the same kit Ron bought but with the 2 bolt flange removed. The 90 degree fitting at the end of the line is -4AN.

The difference between options is $10 worth of alloy NPT adapter... HOWEVER I have found those NPT fittings to be quite soft and I wouldnt want shrapnel in Rons motor at the hands of an overzealous first timer.

So option 1 it was!

lol I doubt it ron. The innards of most braided oil lines is that small anyway mate.

Keep in mind that an oil feed restrictor for BB turbos is normally half a mm (0.5mm) or similar.