SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

I only mentioned the 6 bolt outlet as an option as we are considering costs. staying 6 bolt will mean 1 less thing you need to change, hey HG regularly makes all the options with simple V band outlets or similar.

PM Stao about a price, it may be better than whats on the site.

For 220-240kw I personally dont think the T04E would be on the marker for performance, which is why im making the recommendation I am (and believe in it so strongly). If you were aiming for upper 200s it would possibly be worth the gamble. I do have faith that there still is a place for the T04E in the market, yet not many people will agree.

If you havent read I own an SR with an SS1PU which produced a respectable result, within what your actually looking for. Being an SR the result wouldnt be identical, but you should get a reasonable idea. Jez also tuned an SS1PU on an RB20 with the stock log manifold and made an easy 225kw from memory.

yeah i'm a little confused too Roy, the date on the paper is same date I got mine tuned yet neither graph looks to be mine, as mine seems to fall somewhere inbetween the pink and blue....its actually closer to the pink but with a bit more boost and im topping out earlier..Im wondering if the standard manifold is helping create a little more torque in my midrange as well..

and why is Staos car 10kms slower at 6060rpm??

:rofl:

different car look at folder name, unbelievably i did two that day i think it was Harris's car. i will check.

575070_10151619830610693_713727934_n.jpg

lol, if you want cheap and goodv i have a new kando td05h-18g...will make the power you are after and be pretty mega respoinsive. you just need to buy bthe exhaust housing fo $150 and you have a $600 brand new turbo to givev fabricator to mount gate on housinhg

• 2 weeks later...

its Staos billet t67. Artz i only changed because im wanted to go highmount, was jealous of everyone elses exotic exhaust notes at the track lol. was goin to use the 20g but i cbf with water lines plus another 50wkw wouldn't hurt.

Do they run the same core and bearings. materials etc as Trust turbos? Its like people that say you dont need to run coolant lines to the turbo even if they have them. I feel the designed built the turbo with the expectation that 90deg water temp woudl be flowing though the core so selected materials, tolerances etc to suit the coolant and the oil.

My turbo has now done almost 70,000kms over 9 years and it was a second hand turbo off a friends 9sec Jap GTR. No problems with it. If you can get that sort of reliabbility ouot of them then AWESOME!

lol easy now.

im not suggesting that the kando will be as good as the trust item. It may be, or may not be. No one knows.

I'm just saying that in theory the Trust items do fine without as has Simon, so I would not be fearful of running an oil only core.

Well. while engine's running, oil washes the bearings and shaft all times which takes the heat away. So the bearings are not much hotter then the actual engine oil. The only reason bush bearings are made out of brass or browns and some in aluminium is because it doesn't stick or rust together with the steel shaft and bearing housing. None of the BB or bush turbos trailed on my car has been water cooled, Both me and Trent thrash the crap out of them on high boost as a part of testing, and I have not seen one fail.

Garrett BB must be water cooled, but not all BB require water cooling, it depends on the bearings how the setup of the chra system.

lol easy now.

im not suggesting that the kando will be as good as the trust item. It may be, or may not be. No one knows.

I'm just saying that in theory the Trust items do fine without as has Simon, so I would not be fearful of running an oil only core.

LOL, sorry. Was that too strongly worded? Sorry :( Trying to type fast before I get cauight playing on net vs working :)

its Staos billet t67. Artz i only changed because im wanted to go highmount, was jealous of everyone elses exotic exhaust notes at the track lol. was goin to use the 20g but i cbf with water lines plus another 50wkw wouldn't hurt.

Since this is about TDxx related thread so I will post all TDxx related results here including the turbochargers that we've built.

The ATRSL25.5 (HG re-engineered T67), just maxed out at 399rwkws on mine with stock cams. Tried every thing to get that extra 1kws to crack 400 and it just won't do it. Still the highest on Trent's library for stock headed Rb25det.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

Looks laggy but it is very fast on the road. How ever for a street car the ATR43SS2 and ATRSL20.5 is a better performer.

10cm turbine. I originally wanted 400rwkws out of this within usual rev range. So it is on the large end. I'm building one more in 66mm, which should drop it back to around 380rwkws mark before 7000RPMs while gain 200RPMs of response. Alternatively have a look at the new roller bearing G3 and SS2 see if that is a better turbo for what you need.

1 goddamn kw, you must be shaking your fists at the clouds above... :rofl:..

Still to make it at 6600rpm is amazing ..who ever thought 20yrs on the humble RB25 would still be cranking those sort of numbers..