SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

dsc05822q.jpg

This is the kinda core I'm using lads. I get where your coming from Scott. I guess I need to decide whether I want the car to look stock and have average power, or put in a conventional cooler kit and gain the missing power I should have, if thats the problem.

well thats a recipe for fail right there..get a proper blitz return flow or something..even a Justjap one would be better than that junk..

I tried to put my T67 10cm housing on my 20G over the weekend and guess what...it didnt fit. Its too small and hits the turbine. So tried the 10cm housing off the TD06H-25G I had and it swims. So it seems Trust run a different turbine again on their twin GTR setups as my20g is one of the pair off a friends R32 GTR

Seems its somewhere between the L2and H. And I have seeb back to back TD06H-25G vs T67-25G and the T67 made 15-20rwkws less..all in the turbine it seems...was a rad laggier by 100-200rpm

well thats a recipe for fail right there..get a proper blitz return flow or something..even a Justjap one would be better than that junk..

The reason why I went with that type is because I'd smack the shit out of the bottom pipe due to the cars height. I'll probably go conventional setup. Could an intercooler restrict the amount of boost a turbo can make, or limit power at a certian point?

Roy I'm sure you are aware but:

TD06SL2 = 61mm

TD06S = 65mm

TD06SH = 67mm

So its no surprise your regular TD06S doesn't fit the T67 housing but is too small for the TD06SH........... Its meant to be.

Unless I am missing something the above is your answer.

In terms of flow the TD06SH > TD06SL2 > TD06S.

I hope that helps..

The reason why I went with that type is because I'd smack the shit out of the bottom pipe due to the cars height. I'll probably go conventional setup. Could an intercooler restrict the amount of boost a turbo can make, or limit power at a certian point?

its not limiting the amount of boost it can make, its limiting the amount of boost that you can effectively reach because the knock threshold turns to shit.

that intercooler would be by far the worst possible option you can have.

IMHO it would hold back power to a point close to the stock side mount and would also harm spool.

CHANGE IT AND THEN KILL IT WITH FIRE.

Got a mate with a normal return flow intercooler kit, I'll swap with him for a few days and see if anything happens eh (and see if I could actually run such a setup at my height).

Cheers for the advice guys :D

Edited by Run-It-Hard

If you have a read of the hypergear thread the above shown return flow is good for about 250kw until it encounters the same issue.

I think 1 or 2 members have achieved more with top notch jap branded kits... but that are more or less one off cases.

Go the conventional route and ditch the headache and question out of your mind!

Roy I'm sure you are aware but:

TD06SL2 = 61mm

TD06S = 65mm

TD06SH = 67mm

So its no surprise your regular TD06S doesn't fit the T67 housing but is too small for the TD06SH........... Its meant to be.

Unless I am missing something the above is your answer.

In terms of flow the TD06SH > TD06SL2 > TD06S.

I hope that helps..

But strange thing is that this turbine doesnt match any of those. The T67 that I swapped housings with was the twin T67s that repalced the twin 20Gs on the same car and I wonder whether the turbines are specific to twin GTR setups!?!?!

On the same dyno my car has if anything made the same power but with better reponse than the several L2s that have been tuned. I had bought an L2 based on what everyone had posted but after a few more RB20-20Gs rolled through my tuners workshop and we had compared results....well I sold my L2 to Kris for his drift car. So I wasnt convinced it flowed any better. Perhaps if an L2 fella ran E85 and we could see if they flowed better at 24psi and 300+rwkws

That's very odd. It may be something like a TC turbine or similar.

Can you get me the Inducer and Exducer measurements, along with a blade count? I will have a look and see what it marry's up against.

From what I have found online a TC06 will be 12 blade and 64mm. Smaller than a normal TD06.

That info may not be accurate though..

The TC06 turbine blades have an obvious cup shape to them.. Its not what were used to seeing in terms of turbine aero. Very 80s.

Kando have had a few oddball (unexpected) units on offer, including the Hino (truck) spec GT3576 (plain bearing, split pulse IW turbine). Not surprised to see that GT3071.

Likewise the TD06 hybrid with TO4R compressor, it's been around as have other hybrids with the old-school 60-1 compressor. Maybe not the most efficient stuff but they can work reasonably well at the price.

Re the TD07 unit, I think the main thing that will differentiate them from the TDO6 based units is the size of the centre section, bigger diameter shaft, and no water cooling option. Take a cue from the T67-25G.

Hey Dale, I already have a TD06sh-25G so I was thinking if it don't make enough power I might convert it to a TD07S-25G. I finally pulled my finger out and decided to fix my wastegate now that I don't melt when I walk into my shed . Seems all the info I find is where people have them on rotary's.

Yeah td07s 25g with 16cm rear seems the turbo for a rotary, but i dont think kando do that rear do they?

Also they are offering a t04 compressor housing and wheel kit, just curious if anyone has tried to fit this to a stock nissan turbo? I'm seriously considring buying this kit, having the shaft balenced then seeing whats possible.

Any suggestions stao?

, but

I already have a TD06sh-25G so I was thinking if it don't make enough power I might convert it to a TD07S-25G. Seems all the info I find is where people have them on rotary's.

The TD06SH + 12cm should offer a fair bit more turbine flow than the SL2 + 10cm found on the T67 25G. I think that the SH will be enough to handle all the flow a 25G can throw at it so maybe pointless going for bigger turbine unless you're looking at capacity bigger than 3 litre. I can't find hard evidence on the TDO7 specs but it seems likely to offer nothing other than a 0.5mm bigger shaft.

I'd say run the SH and see how it performs.