SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

dsc05822q.jpg

This is the kinda core I'm using lads. I get where your coming from Scott. I guess I need to decide whether I want the car to look stock and have average power, or put in a conventional cooler kit and gain the missing power I should have, if thats the problem.

Hey i just tested one of these and it had a 6psi drop across it (20-30kw loss), have you tested boost before and after the cooler. Who is it from? the supplier was great and swapped it for another style.

thats why i keep saying spin it around backwards so compressor faces down not up..not sure how much room this will get you though it sure to be a good 10mm or so.. who wants a t67 on a stock manifold anyway thoug you might as well just get a td06...the extra power a t67 has to offer is only being wasted on the stock manifold..

there is always low mount options from 6-boost and such but whats the point in them, it just makes your turbo hard to work on...unless you can get a hks cast manifold that might work ok..

thats why i keep saying spin it around backwards so compressor faces down not up..not sure how much room this will get you though it sure to be a good 10mm or so.. who wants a t67 on a stock manifold anyway thoug you might as well just get a td06...the extra power a t67 has to offer is only being wasted on the stock manifold..

there is always low mount options from 6-boost and such but whats the point in them, it just makes your turbo hard to work on...unless you can get a hks cast manifold that might work ok..

EXACTLY TIMES TEN.

Hey i just tested one of these and it had a 6psi drop across it (20-30kw loss), have you tested boost before and after the cooler. Who is it from? the supplier was great and swapped it for another style.

They did some testing before on my first kando and it had a 2psi drop on low boost (I think under 10psi?) so I'd take it as the boost increases the drop will become worse.

I got it off CJauto I think off ebay, can't remember. I found myself a HKS return flow setup to replace it so hopefully I get that extra 20-30kw ... the Stagea needs it lol.

well i ran the 3582r low mounted with 10mm spacer, had heaps of room, now have t67 high mounted and i couldnt tell the difference in comp cover sizes both .70... either way run 15mm or bigger spacer. u still have a shit load of room 4 clearance underneth, u have 2 grind of a few heat shield lugs thats about it..

With my TD05-18G, had to use a 10mm spacer vs my old TD06-20G (no spacer), but thats because a TD05 exhaust housing is smaller so it brings the compressor housing closer to the exhaust manifold.

really...my td06 theres no way it would go on without a 10mm spacer...rb25 manifolds different maybe

With my TD05-18G, had to use a 10mm spacer vs my old TD06-20G (no spacer), but thats because a TD05 exhaust housing is smaller so it brings the compressor housing closer to the exhaust manifold.

interesting my td05-18g bolted straight on.

Mind you, my TD06 was the old (shitty) internal gate version. TD05 (external set up) was fouling the compressor housing on the exhaust manifold but about 2-3mm.

Status, what sort of clearance did you have with the TD05 bolted on interms of compressor to manifold?

Yeah his old TD06 was the 3 bolt internal gate type, the shoddy one we all steer clear of.

So now hes on par with everyone else, using a normal T3 Vband housing and the 3" comp cover. Thus using a 10mm spacer like the rest.

Kane how does the TD05H go compared to the old TD06H? Happy with the change?

Correct Scott.

Umm I seem to acheive full boost around 4200-4400 RPM, full boost being 22psi. So definately not as laggy as the old turbo. Very happy thus far. Will post dyno results once a Z32 has been added as the standard AFM is maxing out around 16-17psi..

Awesome dude, sounding really promising.

Maybe grab some cam gears while your on the job? Bring full song closer to the 4k mark, which for an RB20 making reasonable power is a good result :)

I'm sure it also feels a hell of a lot punchier once your moving too, and squirting it in and out of corners. Am anticipating 240kw, let us know how you fare!

haha you just reminded me of whats in my "draw of goodies"... JJR Cam Gears. Will get them and the Z32 in and tuned.

I would be happy with anything over 240 @ 22psi..

Definitely is more punchy, but haven't been able to give it abit of a squirt due to laziness lol

has anyone put either of the td05 18g or the td05 20g on there rb20s yet?

i have read that theve been put on the rb25s and have good response but what are they looking like on the rb20 with response and drift??