SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

With the 12cm a bit more energy was put into trying to get it to hold boost. Didn't exhaust ourselves as I dont want to spend too much $ fiddling around when the setups are going to get swapped. Main thing is we get to see the character and idea of response and numbers. But curious that it wasn't anywhere as simple as getting the other combos to hold boost.

This is similar to what I found with the 1.06 tial. Nothing in the Turbosmart instructions worked so I had to design my own setup using the 5 port. Buggered if I would be paying a workshop to diagnose all the issues I have had so far...

Anyway, good luck with the HTA, should be a good thing on the 25.

This is similar to what I found with the 1.06 tial. Nothing in the Turbosmart instructions worked so I had to design my own setup using the 5 port. Buggered if I would be paying a workshop to diagnose all the issues I have had so far...

Anyway, good luck with the HTA, should be a good thing on the 25.

This :whistling:

Well after some head scratching found a problem with the Turbosmart gate. Will be surprised if its the cause of the boost problem but either way the thing needs fixing as the bottom of the alloy housing is pissing air through the valve stem due to a failed o-ring. Seems to be made of rubber which has naturally hardened and failed. So in theory that would make the thing spike or run higher boost than expected but will see.

just got my rb25 tuned the other day with the td06sl2 10cm, greddy copy, 440cc injectors, aftermarket throttle body, custom low mount steampipe manifold, full 3 inch exhaust.

Car made 268 hp on 15 psi and it started to lean out on full throttle.. and this is my problem now D:

wasn't your tuner able to diagnose this on the dyno?

I can have a guess and say it was your............... wheelnuts? I mean it was on the dyno... why couldn't the tuner work it out? Its almost impossible to guess what did it without getting you to check nearly everything including the wheel nuts, but it would have taken said tuner under an hour MAX.

Argh this R32 seems very resistant to do what it should do. How was the 73HTA behaving in terms of spool compared to the other setups? It's a shame to hear it sounds like it might now get its chance in the sun due to external factors.

Argh this R32 seems very resistant to do what it should do. How was the 73HTA behaving in terms of spool compared to the other setups? It's a shame to hear it sounds like it might now get its chance in the sun due to external factors.

Very keen on this also :yes:

Nothing amazing. Nbew fuel system is about finished. Turbosmart parts arrive today. So hopefully over the weekedn get things sorted and get theh thing fully tuned on Monday. Only the 73HTA is already off :) I looked in the mirror and deep down inside I knew I wanted to run the TD06H-25G...ie a Man's Turbo :)

The 73HTA had near identical spool and looked as though it would tune up ok but ran out of fuel. I canned it as wanted to see how the gruntier 25G was going to go response wise with the smaller 10cm housing. Also want to make sure that I have the biggest dirtiest turbo I have on there to check the engien as there is possible there is a restriction somewhere in my setup that is capping power as nothing tried to date has allowed the thing to make the power of the RB20 :(

So need to rule out the fact that my kinder surprise engine isnt somehow a bit ordinary at making power. Its got good bits, Good compression, pressure. No blow by. Tunes up right...we did run out of fuel but it doesnt really make any more power at 20psi then it does at 15psi so ?!?!?!

^ ditto, but I can see where you are coming from. Shame about the resulting what-ifs, but if it spooled well and we know that it is only a few lb/min lower flowing than the 25G (~54lb/min vs ~58lb/min?) then it isn't a bad indicator.

Will see how the 10cm housing goes. If it is somewhere between teh 8cm and 12 cm (makes sense) than I will grab 40-40rwkws through the midrange which given the 25G wheel gives me the sort of power that I am after ...well not being able to put a 10cm housing on the 20G or 73HTA is a killer.

Gutted this hasn't gone smoothly as it should have, especially for you - thanks for sharing the results and big ups on trying! I know how much of a mission a SINGLE turbo swap can be.

just got my rb25 tuned the other day with the td06sl2 10cm, greddy copy, 440cc injectors, aftermarket throttle body, custom low mount steampipe manifold, full 3 inch exhaust.

Car made 268 hp on 15 psi and it started to lean out on full throttle.. and this is my problem now D:

:blink: i made 267kws on pulp @ 15psi...you should be pissing in around 350hp atws...

You need more fuel? E85 Walbro pump, Bosch 1000's and ethanol in the tank... Win.

I think he has bigger issues at hand man...e85 is your answer to everything...:laugh:

stock GTR injectors yeah....invest in IDs...Nissan will love you :D

from my experience, unlike bigger turbos the SL2 doesn't get a huge improvement from e85 anyway...its great on Pulp too...18psi should see you around 280kw ish...

I agree with the above. The L2 20G is a fairly efficient item where it gets close to its maximum flow without the need of E85. Dont need to convert to ethanol to get the right power out of it.