SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

Hello new kid on the block - lets see if you can handle life on the track better than your Garrett and IHI buddies ;)

attachicon.gifT28-TD05H16G-PE1420.png

Got the TD05H-16G installed and running on the car today - went out for a quick road test, on wastegate boost the "1bar actuator" actually held 11psi with no adjustment. With boost control set up it made 18psi by 3700rpm on the SR20, which is pretty much as expected. About 400rpm laggier than the PE1420, but runs 1psi more boost with the same wastegate setup and certainly feels like it has more "grr". Seems like a great match for what is expected of it :)

Seems pretty good

Touch up tune should see boost response even better alil

But you won't get better boost response than the pe1420 as its much smaller even looks smaller than the t25g but should make abit more power up top and midrange aswell keen to see results

I got the td05h aswell on sr but 18g 264rwkw on e85 but full boost by 4000rpm so should be abit more responsive

Yeah if you put much stock in virtual dyno we were seeing ~220rwkw at 18psi on BP98 with the PE1420, quite a lot more on E85... very impressive turbo, but it failed. The TD05 definitely flows more, can already tell at this stage. I don't know that spool will improve drastically.

Fyi to anyone that wants to know. I put the td05 18g 8cm on my rb20. Adjustable cam gears. Forward facing plenum front mount. Splitfire coilpacks. 750cc injectors. Nistune i made 210 with full boost at 22psi by 4000rpm. Then retuned on e85 and made 241rkw. At 22psi full boost by 4k also. Road drive with both tunes. Very agressive with both tunes but i would say it starts with a better pull woth e85.

Hope this helps everyone if there is any unfinished questions. Ill try post a pic of the dyno sheet when i get a chance

anyone know the difference between the t67 t3 10cm anti-surge and the non anti-sure

also i noticed they had a t67 with a t04r wheel

trying to toss up between one of these or one of HGs for a rb25 on e85 either low or highmount ex gate for around the 330rwkw-350rwkw

stay clear from the anti surged covers on the t67-25g, I gained over 800rpm response by ditching the anti surge cover, it was a pile of shit.

It's not a Kando, there have been turbos I've known of for ages which would match of outperform these but are either more expensive or just not what people in this thread aren't looking for.

anyone know the difference between the t67 t3 10cm anti-surge and the non anti-sure

also i noticed they had a t67 with a t04r wheel

trying to toss up between one of these or one of HGs for a rb25 on e85 either low or highmount ex gate for around the 330rwkw-350rwkw

FP HTA3073 for 350kw and epic response i reckon!

Not a cheap option but i can tell you, after the initial drive in mine with the HTA, ill never use another turbo! Its SO good!

^ Agree'd. I have been using a Custom FP turbo with a HTA82 Compressor wheel for 3 years now, and it is amazing compaired to other turbos.

Its appears that all the caste wheeled turbochargers are all in one boat, and all the billet turbochargers are in another boat with marginal differences between any of them.

That VNT turbocharger hypergear made is probably the only turbo that is different. Might be worth while waiting and get that.

Its appears that all the caste wheeled turbochargers are all in one boat, and all the billet turbochargers are in another boat with marginal differences between any of them.

That VNT turbocharger hypergear made is probably the only turbo that is different. Might be worth while waiting and get that.

Just our boat is faster and responds quicker :laugh:

i reckon the kando t67 will do same power with same boost as the fp hta but wont match the response. what the fp hta response like to the turbo hypergear are doing with the vnt cause that looks insane

i reckon the kando t67 will do same power with same boost as the fp hta but wont match the response. what the fp hta response like to the turbo hypergear are doing with the vnt cause that looks insane

So far I think the HTA3076 has made more than any of the T67s have - I could be wrong, but I haven't noticed any matching 391rwkw on a Mainline or Dyno Dynamics.

The rpm readings from the Mainline were a bit hard to work out but could tell that at 4000rpm the HTA3076 had more than the VNT, albeit not massive amounts more (and again the VNT was on a hub dyno) - and the HTA made more power peak... without the risk of having moving parts in the exhaust stream which could fail. Will be interesting to see how Stao gets on with reliability as otherwise it is pretty sweet!

So far I think the HTA3076 has made more than any of the T67s have - I could be wrong, but I haven't noticed any matching 391rwkw on a Mainline or Dyno Dynamics.

The rpm readings from the Mainline were a bit hard to work out but could tell that at 4000rpm the HTA3076 had more than the VNT, albeit not massive amounts more (and again the VNT was on a hub dyno) - and the HTA made more power peak... without the risk of having moving parts in the exhaust stream which could fail. Will be interesting to see how Stao gets on with reliability as otherwise it is pretty sweet!

yea i was going by simons but yes that was on a hub maybe ill push mine up 28 for couple runs on dyno see what it can go for comparrision were thinkin 350 on 20-21 on mainline.

Also agree i think it may run into reliability issues with moving parts it has but its a low bosst pressure for the power its making