SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

Didn't measure but it would have been 20-something mm across, a reasonable amount taken out - hopefully it helps... maybe? Will find out Saturday.

AH. You must have got given the non-ported version. The ported one is 34mm.

As reference my SS1PU is 29mm. Fingers crossed for Saturday.

AH. You must have got given the non-ported version. The ported one is 34mm.

As reference my SS1PU is 29mm. Fingers crossed for Saturday.

Success - strangely it holds ~.9-1bar of boost on wastegate boost, which is more like what we expected in the first place. Mysterious, but at least it's sorted now :)

Qu O/T.

has anyone used a kando turbine housing (like the ones below) on a garrett gt30 based turbo?

http://shopping.kinugawaturbo.com/turbinehousingkinugawagarrettgt3037gt3076rgt3071rgt30rar618cm.aspx

if so, what were the results and what are your thoughts on the quality?

would you think the A/R 8cm is too small for a 2.0L 4-cyl twin-cam engine?

thanks.

Qu O/T.

has anyone used a kando turbine housing (like the ones below) on a garrett gt30 based turbo?

http://shopping.kinugawaturbo.com/turbinehousingkinugawagarrettgt3037gt3076rgt3071rgt30rar618cm.aspx

if so, what were the results and what are your thoughts on the quality?

would you think the A/R 8cm is too small for a 2.0L 4-cyl twin-cam engine?

thanks.

It doesnt fit the good gt30's any way 56t / 84 version is the way to go.

It doesnt fit the good gt30's any way 56t / 84 version is the way to go.

yes it does.

- Turbine wheel Spec : 84 Trim / 60.0 Major / 55.0 mm Exducer

- There are three types of GT3071R turbine wheel. This housing can not fit 56.5mm/trim 84 nor 56.5mm/trim 90 turbine wheel.

And this is with Link boost control turned off on the dyno, so just wastegate boost:

attachicon.gifMaxInj.png

And an interesting update since the boost creep issue has been pretty much sorted, couldn't do 3rd gear because of lack of traction (??!!!!) on 18psi - even 4th getting a bit skatey (it's around 0 degrees here tonight)... decent spool even on 80% throttle though:

post-11136-0-68171000-1373537973_thumb.png

yes it does.

- Turbine wheel Spec : 84 Trim / 60.0 Major / 55.0 mm Exducer

- There are three types of GT3071R turbine wheel. This housing can not fit 56.5mm/trim 84 nor 56.5mm/trim 90 turbine wheel.

ahh thought it said it didnt fit the 56mm 84 version... which is the only one worth using.

• Like 1

ahh thought it said it didnt fit the 56mm 84 version... which is the only one worth using.

Interesting.. Not a fan of the 60mm 84T?

I thought the creme of the crop was the 3037 60mm 84T?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a feeling that IWG housing is a flanged version of the fail-whale 3 bolt one. If you remember there was a guy who hacked open his fail-whale housing to make it a proper open flanged rear end (a Jez customer) and that also failed.

I would probably do this with an EWG housing like urtwhistle, or would consider a G3 with some massive v-band outlet (IWG).

I have a feeling that IWG housing is a flanged version of the fail-whale 3 bolt one. If you remember there was a guy who hacked open his fail-whale housing to make it a proper open flanged rear end (a Jez customer) and that also failed.

I would probably do this with an EWG housing like urtwhistle, or would consider a G3 with some massive v-band outlet (IWG).

yes was concerned about that...but 830 bucks :woot: and its a 12cm so maybe it'll work a little betterer

some goose tried to convince me to put a EFR turbo on it which would be awesome but jeezuuz i can almost get a 2jz half cut for the same price...

also all the budget 7m manifolds are t4 it seems...its an NA+T so 9.something compression...only aiming for low boost and responsiveness and I would prefer IG to keep it simple , not aiming for big power just a meaty midrange and good spread...g3 could work well would prefer power from 3-6rpm

Got some tree stumps need pulling

460 rwhp on 18 psi if u go a few pages back u will find the dunno print

damn...well thats nice....is this the one with the 3 inch cover i said wouldn't work :blush:

lolz at "dunno print" :rofl:

hahahah dam iphone........... If your going for low boost I wouldn't go the TD06H like I did. I would probably stick to the ordinary TD06 so that it boosts a bit quicker. I went the billet compressor wheel too so I'm not sure what difference that made. Yeah I think it was the one you said wouldn't work hahhahaha. but then again if my memory serves me correct it has a 3" surge TD07 compressor cover not the normal ones. I can't remember, it was too many bourbons ago. All I know is that when I fix all the pipes that blow off above 20psi and fuel surge it will make more power by the feel of it.