SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

The EVO 16G (which is the compressor used in the one we are using on both SR20s) is a very good and often underestimated beast, again on 18psi the stock SR20DET is making pretty respectable power - the exact amount will be confirmed next weekend, and as you say they can be pushed past that to make even more. We've just capped it there because of the fact the car is on a stock motor and will be used for track racing, if the engine gets toughened up we'll push harder.

After some investigation and discussion with Eiji this was the chosen solution to this little problem - have to say, very impressed with the customer service and quality of these units so far!

attachicon.gif20130807_093137small.JPG

Well this is a bit shit, the new compressor cover doesn't fit over the compressor wheel - the turbo we have is SUPPOSED to be a 16G, and the new compressor cover is SUPPOSED to be for a 16G - but the compressor wheel is absolutely too large for the new cover.

Will be interesting to hear back from Kando Dynamics to see if either the new cover is too small for the 16G, or if the new turbo (the owner of it has it and I've asked him to try measuring it - he's just measured the housings so far) actually is something different to a 16G.

In more positive news the Silvia is still all go for an 18psi power run on Saturday, no tuning will be done on the dyno so hopefully the tidy ups on the road since the porting etc (to fix creep) are enough to give a reasonable result :)

They do have 16G but its 8cm. Not sure how well that would go on a 25, but possibly is worth a try.

That would be an awesome bolt on for budding RB20 owners :) that almost makes me want to flat out buy an R32 just for fun.. That would be awesome.

Johnny the older T3 12cm housing was the one that was really fail. The T25 8cm housing works fine when the WG hole has been ported, as noted by Lith. I am confident this housing will be more like the T25 based item than the T3, as it was harped about to Eiji on numerous occasions.

They do have 16G but its 8cm. Not sure how well that would go on a 25, but possibly is worth a try.

That would be an awesome bolt on for budding RB20 owners :) that almost makes me want to flat out buy an R32 just for fun.. That would be awesome.

Johnny the older T3 12cm housing was the one that was really fail. The T25 8cm housing works fine when the WG hole has been ported, as noted by Lith. I am confident this housing will be more like the T25 based item than the T3, as it was harped about to Eiji on numerous occasions.

Better keep that in mind too, my mate wants to upgrade his S15's turbo and suggested a Kando but was hesistant based on the same information. I've read they worked quite well on SRs IG but haven't heard many success stories with IG such as the 12cm housing that has been mentioned.

Wonder how the new range would be like, using a 10cm housing and Nissan 6 bolt outlet... seems super tempting :wub:

999998_10200352376793772_796398958_n.jpg

Tell your mate to get a TD05H 16G6, he will need to watch ebay for when they come up or order the bits separately... They don't normally sell it in that spec as most people want 18 or 20Gs.

Lith has shown me reasonable proof that the 16G6 is significantly more responsive than what I know of the 18G and the flow rating is roughly the same as a 20G. The 16G6 is the superior turbo for sure.

As promised, stock SR20DET, flex fuel, ~17psi with internally gated TD05H 16G6 8cm housing. Heaps more in it, but this is more than enough for a stock engine track car for now :-) 17psi was hit between 3300-3400rpm, dyno run as per Status Dynapack advised setup to keep things comparable :

post-11136-13767183699078_thumb.jpg

Cheers, it goes really well :) Response and spool is awesome, and it's probably worth mentioning that this is by no means the most it would make - there is heaps more in the setup, we just ran it up at the boost level that it will be used on the track for interest's sake. I suspect that on 20psi it'd make >280kw, which we may or may not bother confirming in future

Anyone had any experience with the new twin kit for GTR's found here
http://shopping.kinugawaturbo.com/kinugawaturbochargerkitnissangt-rrb26detttd05h-16g.aspx

I'd be interested to know how they go as they price makes them rather tempting and from what I've read they should have a bit more top end than -5's

No one has reported these yet.

Based on Lithiums experience I anticipate they will be worth trying. Refer to the last few pages for SR20 TD05H 16G6 results.

I believe it would be reasonable to compare a GT2860RS (disco potato) to a -5, therefore you should be able to come to a reasonable conclusion as to how a pair of these will compare to a pair of -5s. I am saying it will be REASONABLE though, not exact.

To my expectations the 16G6 is far more potent than a disco. It will spool similarly but probably more aggressively while also flowing more outright power. Remember that the 16G6 is a tiny trim big compressor, whereas the 60RS compressor is a tiny compressor in a mega trim. There are lots of factors to be considered.

Look for Trust T517Z results, it will be basically the same thing - they are larger and a bit laggier than GT2530s, but flow somewhere between GT2530s and GT-RS... from memory. Probably the kind of thing that people who want a bit more than GT2530 performance but not the kind of surge (and other) bollux you get with GT-RS/GT2871R-10s in twin form. As GTScoTT indicated, potentially a very potent setup :)

• Like 1

As promised, stock SR20DET, flex fuel, ~17psi with internally gated TD05H 16G6 8cm housing. Heaps more in it, but this is more than enough for a stock engine track car for now :-) 17psi was hit between 3300-3400rpm, dyno run as per Status Dynapack advised setup to keep things comparable :

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1376718374549.jpg

Having a comparing against hypergear's billet SS2 turbo in 8cm a none vct 180sx.

billettd06.jpg

Pretty keen to see the difference of the HG version on your S14 against the kando's td05 and T517Z.

Edited by petero'nell

Having a comparing against hypergear's billet SS2 turbo in 8cm a none vct 180sx. 

Posted Image

Pretty keen to see the difference of the HG version on your S14 against the kando's td05 and T517Z. 

That would be interesting, that HG version clearly looks laggier - with cams and more boost my mates S14 (I only tune it) would match that power but with better spool that at least shown in that plot. Kando do a billet version of the 16G too which would only improve things for it.

Am not sure what turbo or fuel is used in that graph. The delivery looks good and its making a lot of power. I would be more inclined to say its an SS1PU on E85, rather than an SS2.

That was with E85 with a SL20.5 @18psi, not SS2. Its also a 180sx that does not have VCT as the S14s do, it should come up pretty close response wise if working a S14/S15. In which my self is also interested to see that and the SSxx series runs on one.

But either way this is a turbocharger that has larger wheels on both compressor and turbine side, that will reach higher power figures compare to a TD05, in which the smaller TD05 should in return with better response, That is only comparing to a standard item.

There is a bit of science behind billet wheels profiling, in which many of my earlier prototypes didn't work as expected. Obviously drawing the right wheel is now easier by understanding what part of the wheel does what after collecting and analyzing a fair amount of dyno data.

Traditional turbocharging with alteration in compressor wheel only result in minimum gain, I'm spending time in making a workable internally gated Alpha series turbocharger for RB25det, which will also work with SR20det engines, that will result in a more significant gain in terms of power and response.