SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

That was with E85 with a SL20.5 @18psi, not SS2. Its also a 180sx that does not have VCT as the S14s do, it should come up pretty close response wise if working a S14/S15. In which my self is also interested to see that and the SSxx series runs on one.

But either way this is a turbocharger that has larger wheels on both compressor and turbine side, that will reach higher power figures compare to a TD05, in which the smaller TD05 should in return with better response, That is only comparing to a standard item.

Yep agreed - its not an overall fair comparison, the TD05 16G6 will match that power on E85 and do so with better response... than the SL20.5... I am certain of that, however it isn't apples for apples - as you keep raising boost/flow the SL20.5 will keep going up in power when the 16G6 will stop giving more at some point so it is better suited for a bigger purpose and no doubt its outright lag vs power potential is better.

So if high 200rwkw on a mild SR20 running E85 will keep you happy, the Kando 16G6 is hard to go past in terms of spool vs power vs cost

Posted Image

TD06H-20G 12cm going on a RB25/30 in a Patrol

A mate put an internal gate GTX3071R on his RB25 patrol which was used for long drives and general patrol like use and managed pretty much break the stock exhaust manifold! I would use the word 'crack' but it isn't strong enough to describe exactly how destructive it was :blink:

Be interesting to see how this performs, and fares!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

anyone seen the new range? I'm tempted to give it a try.. on paper the specs look pretty good and it's a full kit.. no dicking about, however being internally gated I wonder what the limitations are for a reasonably sized turbo, i.e. TD06H-25G

1005467_10200352904926975_1163371825_n.j

Hey, what turbo from this list would you suggest for a basically stock RB25 with Nistune, 550cc injectors and GTR pump? On a stock manifold.

Not after anything crazy, it's just for street use and my stock turbo is dying. Just want something that will give me the most from my simple upgrades :)

Cheers

Edited by inmaniac

As promised, quality pics including boost curve for the Kando TD05H-16G6 (anti-surge) internally gated turbo my mate uses on his stock SR20DET - I only have good quality image of the DIN corrected dyno plot, though the photo I supplied last time of the SAE2004 corrected screen still had it at just on 250kw so not a major difference, but the boost curve is probably of greater interest... shows how quickly this frequently underestimated turbo comes on, and how much more flow it has on offer. It also shows that despite popular sentiment the Kinugawa anti-surge housings don't make laggy at all, at least in the case of this particular unit it actually spools VERY well for the power it is capable of:

ELL581-Power.jpg

ELL581-Boost.jpg

The 16G I just posted the results for had quite severe boost creep when I started tuning it which was a SERIOUS pain in the butt, nothing we could do would stop it and was going to run >20psi - even if we held the swing arm wide open :( This is how we found out the turbo is capable of 270+kw without issue, lol.

It needed porting to avoid this, and others have mentioned that internal gated TD06s have that issue - so it may or may not have it, but I'd say it'd be better to just do it before installing it as it isn't an overly difficult thing to do at all if you have the tools.

If you want a simpler option you should seriously look at a hypergear instead. He can highflow your stock turbo for a similar price to the above and it is a knock performer.

Bolt it back on and get it tuned, no worries.

• 1 month later...

Apologies for the sound quality in this clip, its awful - and a shame because the car sounds pretty cool IRL, but here is the Silvia I have mentioned a few times doing it's first track outing running a Kando TD05-16G... was hoping sound would come out better so you can tell how good response etc is, but I think the clip still shows how effortless and generous it's power delivery is... even though it probably has another useful 7psi of boost which could be utilised :)

• 5 weeks later...

Apologies for the sound quality in this clip, its awful - and a shame because the car sounds pretty cool IRL, but here is the Silvia I have mentioned a few times doing it's first track outing running a Kando TD05-16G... was hoping sound would come out better so you can tell how good response etc is, but I think the clip still shows how effortless and generous it's power delivery is... even though it probably has another useful 7psi of boost which could be utilised :)

nice!

question tho where did you get that gauge mount?

I just use the new gt3560 t04 hybrid on my forged rb25

Insane turbo see full boost at 3800rpm

The car is freaky fast love it

Please provide your dyno sheet and update on any drag results if possible :) Sounds great.

hey peeps

after some info on the td06 range what you guys think

TD06 SL2 or TD06H

noted there is a fair bit in wheel size between the 2 but the main thing is the wheel! ive noticed they come in a 9 or 11 blade wheel however the 9 blade is $300 more and can for see any benefits. Both wheels come in billet option as well

td06H

Compressor Wheel 60.5 / 78 mm (25G Wheel) Turbine Wheel 58.8 / 67.2 mm (TD06H)

td06 sl2

Compressor Wheel 52.5 / 68 mm (20G Wheel) Turbine Wheel 54.1 / 61 mm (TD06SL2)