SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

Odd, I ran a freddy manifold on my RB25 with a GT3076 at 18psi.

RB25 - 314rwkw 750nm torque

RB25/30 - 320rwkw / 850nm torque

Ahhh, just read that you have a RB20. Surely that won't make too much of a difference?

no im running a stock rb25 motor with arp head studs camtech 272 cams. yeah not sure, might be dyno who knows. its never seen that kind of nm. similar setup cept plazaman gt3076 .82 and e85 made just under 600nm on same dyno. who knows. see how it goes at drag day in september. should trap ok mph im hoping. the cams are suited for a larger rev range, i only go to 7200. these might make more torque over that,but stock motor , keep it at 7200 so it stays together

Edited by methz

Definitely something wrong with that torque reading. Mine was done on two different dynos, and same reading.

So don't lose faith in your freddy manifold just yet. You'll find that is not the problem.

Power is up there - just the torque is not quite right. MPH will definitely be an indication of what you're really running.

Good luck!

Odd, I ran a freddy manifold on my RB25 with a GT3076 at 18psi.

RB25 - 314rwkw 750nm torque

RB25/30 - 320rwkw / 850nm torque

Ahhh, just read that you have a RB20. Surely that won't make too much of a difference?

I'd imagine you are talking about a dyno dyanmics torque reading (tractive effort)? You can't compare that to a dynapack...

Mine made 590nm on similar power so methz result is just about spot on

Edited by SimonR32

I'd imagine you are talking about a dyno dyanmics torque reading (tractive effort)? You can't compare that to a dynapack...

Mine made 590nm on similar power so methz result is just about spot on

Mine was one dyno dynamics, and the other was a mainline, both had similar readings

• 1 month later...

Hey guys flicked through this thread but just chasing info...

Had a kando on the Sr and now picked up a pooline. Just wondering whether the 4inch covers on the td06 25g fit low mounted. Aside from a spacer plate and extended studs I'm wondering if they foul on a stock rb25 manifold anywhere. I know the 3inch fits indefinitely but I already have some cooked Chinese low mount unit on there now with a 4inch pipe that I'd like to reuse if possible. Cheers

• 4 months later...

Thread revival.

I've been away from skylines for far too long and I'm coming back. Looking at these turbos again and can see they have the new bolt on internal gate versions with the adjustible gate.

Are there still boost issues if running Internal? Td06sl2-20g in 8cm for response and direct bolt on.

Mods: 550cc nismos, z32, nistune, other usual bolt ons.

Any input would be good. Or am I better off going hyper gear?

Chasing 250-279

Hypergear internally gated Rb turbos are definitely better, and so's externally gated. check out other member's results in their thread.

I disagree. Kandos are the next best thing to precision and garett. So cheap, and well built.

just proof there i've been away for too long, i called the actuator - 'gate'

hmm ok 10cm internal gate, any dyno sheets with stable boost? looking to run 18~ psi on unopened RB25DET.

I'm posting this to save you some money. This is a kando TD06 in a 10CM turbine, notice the boost creep and tapper.

kandotd06intgated.jpg

and I have received many of turbine housings of this kind to re-work on its internal gate. From the way of how the turbine housing is cast, internal gate can not be effectively enlarged either.

Depending on how much power you are targeting. our STD high flows in most of cases can reach your goal with better performance and longevity.

21U STD high flow, E85 fuel.

power.jpg

Perfect boost control. Internally gated.

boost.jpg

Thanks Tao, i've been in contact you on FB via PM about the hiflow as it looks to be the way to go

unless there is other evidence and feedback with the int gate with kando, will be going hypergear. i had their ext gate setup and it was great. but want to keep it all factory looking now

Cheers

Anyone had a turbo highflowed with one of the kinugawa GTX compressor wheels? I have a pair of -5's that i wouldn't mind cramming GTX67 wheels into.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Billet-Turbo-Compressor-Wheel-Garrett-GTX2867R-49-7-67-4-Trim-55-11-0-/271774042157?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3f46fec82d