SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

whats the mods/specs/power output on your car Birds?

maybe you should do a run in 4th from 2000rpm, flatfoot and film the tacho + boostgauge at the same time (if its mounted there), and me or ARTZ can do the same.

will be good to compare.

Whys ur car off the road for 2 yrs?

Been off the road for 2 years due too the $$$, got carried away buying parts instead of keeping on track with the original plan........... Just saving for ECU and maybe cams then good to go :thumbsup:

I'll take a stab in the dark that, in a rolling scenario from low rpm (2000) my car should pull ahead, given it's the more "streetable" turbo and gets on boost from about 3000 onwards...until around 4000, where Artz would come on and start to reel me in / eventually overtake. From there who knows...probably come down to max power and turbo efficiency in the top end. The Kando might well take it there if Artz can get his slipping clutch sorted.

Would be interesting to test a couple of different scenarios...the rolling from 2000rpm to test lag, and a rolling from 4000rpm where both turbos should be well on song, to test their response (?).

We can swap cars just to get a feel for each turbo, compare based on subjective opinion...but the only fair objective competition would be a rolling drag IMO, taking driver skill out of it.

ahh yes, efficiency...I must say this td06 feels alot more efficient than my old hiflow, though I feel my new fuel system has alot to do with this as well. But it all just works, it does the same thing all the time and doesnt run out of puff, it does it with much less effort than my old turbo too, then on gate it all just gets a little crazy, should be mental with .5 bar more boost and e85, I think thats when I will be wishing I had top mounted it ......I did play around with rolling starts, found boost coming in after 3500 but before 4000 most of the time..which is about normal for any rb25 really..

Anyway I have no idea what yours will behave like all I know is mine feels pretty damn quik already, I think maybe when my gate cracks it will be bye bye birdy ,then again you will probably have better traction with that fancy diff of yours..will be interesting..

So whenever your ready just hit me up, if I do lose I can blame my slipping clutch or my low boost ;)

sorry, 300rwkw and under only Simon.

good news: it holds boost and i get my car back

bad news: it makes less power on 19psi (220rwkw) then it does on 14.7 (245rwkw).

nothing was changed on inlet side (same as old setup and there was no issues), hot side has been changed and not running a cat to minimise restriction.

any ideas?

:/

Sorry no black cocks allowed

People with under 300rwkw like Black Cocks :whistling:

bad news: it makes less power on 19psi (220rwkw) then it does on 14.7 (245rwkw).

nothing was changed on inlet side (same as old setup and there was no issues), hot side has been changed and not running a cat to minimise restriction.

any ideas?

Got both graphs? Post them up

Got both graphs? Post them up

he's not sure if he saved the 19psi one, but ill def have the 14.7psi graph tonight.

torque goes up as normal and then drops off.

would vac/boost leak cause this?

if there was a leak, boost would not hold, or would it?

i will get more info tonight as he only briefly discussed the issues over the phone.

any ideas?

WTF? :rant:

torque goes up as normal and then drops off.

would vac/boost leak cause this?

if there was a leak, boost would not hold, or would it?

If you remember Mick_O's midget with a trumpet saga, I was actually there the day it was diagnosed (I actually found the midget lol)

His car was still pissing in 300kw with the IM gasket blown between the plenum and the runners, in fact when it blew right out I dont think it was really that down on power. Boost curve didnt look right (coz it was trying hard to compensate) but other than that power was still there.

Im inclined to think you have some sort of a turbulence issue. It would be really good to see ARTZ crank 19psi right now...

If you remember Mick_O's midget with a trumpet saga, I was actually there the day it was diagnosed (I actually found the midget lol)

His car was still pissing in 300kw with the IM gasket blown between the plenum and the runners, in fact when it blew right out I dont think it was really that down on power. Boost curve didnt look right (coz it was trying hard to compensate) but other than that power was still there.

Im inclined to think you have some sort of a turbulence issue. It would be really good to see ARTZ crank 19psi right now...

yeah i read about that in his thread,

so pretty stumped right now as to what it could be.

will find out more info tonight.

im booking it into Jez in May to get it looked at. i've had enough dramas with this tuner, its time to move on.

I ordered my smoke machine intake tester this morning. Bloody expensive thing but i think it will be a good investment. I charge 100000000 per test. U guys reckon thats fair ? :D

May is two whole months away, r u serious? lol

going on holidays next month so nothing can be done until then

I ordered my smoke machine intake tester this morning. Bloody expensive thing but i think it will be a good investment. I charge 100000000 per test. U guys reckon thats fair ? :D

that's cheap as!

What clutch do u Have? Its possible it was slipping or wheelspinning.

if it was slipping or wheel spinning, he would be able to tell.

cant remember exactly but it was a Exedy heavy Duty something something.