SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

so consider my options.. i want a nice meaty 400 rwkw, used for drift, dont want to have to rev the crap out of the rb30. so what should i choose

ando TD06SH25G, Kando 267 25G or a Precision 6262

Read the results in each thread and make a decision. From what I have been reading in the precision thread those guys are getting some amazing numbers.

JEZ managed 400rwkw on his 26

From what he said it could have kept hauling except he only has a stock bottom end

Mook...pity you dont have an egt gauge..if it's getting hot its most probably a 8cm...kind of looks different to mine which tapers out more towards the flange but it is very hard to tell from the pics..the results definitely seem to point at a small housing ..

A 10cm housing from kando is probably cheaper than an egt gauge anyway though..id say buy one for 150$ and swap it if it doesn't work your only down 150$ at worst but you can still sell it off again.. :D

A 10cm housing from kando is probably cheaper than an egt gauge anyway though..id say buy one for 150$ and swap it if it doesn't work your only down 150$ at worst but you can still sell it off again.. :D

Good point!

JEZ managed 400rwkw on his 26

From what he said it could have kept hauling except he only has a stock bottom end

Jez stopped at 400 to preserve the motor. To my knowledge the tune is not as aggressive as it could be, for safety factors.

On his dyno it didnt plot much worse than his -7s.

Very epic.

Jez stopped at 400 to preserve the motor. To my knowledge the tune is not as aggressive as it could be, for safety factors.

On his dyno it didnt plot much worse than his -7s.

Very epic.

I may have purchased poncams to beat a mate on my dyno again,

Will post up after cams and more tuning :)

ARTZ which direction should I take a photo from for the best view to see the differences?

I'll take some more and post them up.

Hard to tell but looks similar size to mine, i made 380rwhp @ 17psi on 98 with the anti surge front end, although mine is a lot laggier then your's.

Msports.. is you car running a 25?? if it is that would explain the laginess, but the hp figure is very close to mine, maybe it is as much as its gonna make on pump fuel.

This is pretty much what mine looks like, i tried to take a photo where you can see the flange, but they all ended up dark and crappy.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Turbine-Housing-Kinugawa-Mitsubishi-TD06SL2-20G-T67-25G-10cm-T3-Flange-/281016579887?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item416de4b72f#ht_2085wt_1186.

I the picture is correct to the description i'd be pretty sure i have a 10cm, now the problem is i cant find a 12cm housing with the t3 flange and a v-band outlet to fit into my setup.

Msports.. is you car running a 25?? if it is that would explain the laginess, but the hp figure is very close to mine, maybe it is as much as its gonna make on pump fuel.

Didnt you say yours is a 25/26? What would make that more responsive?

They definitely should push 300kw on pump. It has been discussed before and STATUS has confirmed 330 is do able.

It can come down to the setup itself and the condition of the motor also. Sloppy valve springs or rings and it could push less power than others.. sometimes you would never know other than the down results.

I'd doubt the 100cc extra from running a 26 crank would make that much of a difference?

We run out of time to tune mine more due other issues taking up time, so i think we should get more? Unless the antisurge is really holding them back?

Theres less than 100cc between the two and it would make SFA difference.

To my knowledge the 26 has a lower static CR which would make it spool slower if anything.

Obviously no offence to the owner - his results are great, just stating the obvious.

also Msports used hyperdrive's dyno. which doesn't correspond to any thing I ahve seen on the east coast. For example my car on hyperdrives with a rb30 made way less peak power then stao's rb25 with MY turbo by miles. the only thing that could be compared was the boost plot and the curve at how it made power.

How ever during the time your car had missfiring and AFM issues plus other problems, the turbo was used as a stocker bolton with stock exhaust manifold internally gated at 16psi, 270rwkws at the time by hyperdrive was more then reasonable.

The 58T 3576 in.82 stopped making power at 335rwkws on pump98 with 25psi of boost on my Rb25det, I don't think your car would be far off to it with every thing in working order at similar boost level.

The SL2-25G has a much smaller turbine in comparison so it will have better power band downlow, how ever will definitly not make better power used on your old setup.

Stao, I hope you didn't take offence to my comments as it was never intended to. I was simply saying that his dyno print was low but so was mine.

But I will say this, I spent alot of money trying to get that setup to work BETTER (don't get me wrong it wasn't bad by any means) and the best it ever did was around 370 (timing fixed, AFM fixed, poncam's, side pipe, wastegate actuator's etc, EGT sensors & a AFR setup) I just think it was too small for the 3L and choked it with any more than about 18psi rammed in it.

For me the TD06SH-25G is a better match for my current setup. As a test we are fitting my old 3576 to a mates Rb20 silvia so it will be very interesting to see how it reacts to a smaller cap motor.

regards

Chris

Finally here is a couple of pics of my turbo housing, i think it is a 10cm but it is just too small for my 25/26 with cams. We ended up getting 275RWKW out of it at 20psi on BP ultimate. It spools up to full song at 3500 and starts to drop off around 6000. It is very good to drive but we were pretty disappointed at the power output.

post-2388-0-18249500-1353379281_thumb.jpg

post-2388-0-39146500-1353379290_thumb.jpg

Simon, i suggest waiting to see how i go before getting the T67.

something else is definitely wrong, as that is similar power to what i made on a 25 neo with a td06sl2-20g 10cm.

the 10cm housing is tiny anyway as i raised this question before thinking the kando 10cm are so much smaller than the trust 10cm housings.

compared it with Jez's drift car and it was the exact same.

post-20416-0-02480500-1353564193_thumb.jpg