SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

nah was a t28! lol

but thats my point its good to see how it ramps on/power curve with certain peoples setups etc etc etc

My cars torque was OVER NINE THOUSDANDDDDDDDD

Just wanted to belong :wave:

Hypergear has mentioned in the past that testing on port covers proved that the a minor amount of response was lost and it required more boost to make the same power.

Surge point was obviously shifted and his recommendation was to only run a surge housing when required.

the t67 surges when loading up 3/4th gears at around 60kmph ramping onto boost. so im guessing im going to need this cover on. Id still like 2 test out non surge cover i got here.

Yeah i did mention maybe its just the difference between the two dyno's making them appear to be delivering differing reults.

Im not complaining in anyway, once i can get back to the dyno and put 20psi in it i should reach my goal of 400rwhp.

hmm so meth made 330 ish rwkw on 24 psi with e85 ? i got 311 on 19 with 98 would like to see number with e85 and boostin it up just for coupple power runs see see if i can get close to the number being ran on the hubs

switched over to normal .7 front housing this morning :) completey different 2 drive now, even faster spool, 1.2bar boost ( gate pressure atm ) by 4000rpm in 4th rolling at 80kmph.

330kw on pump 98 is easy done, i use to run 28psi thru a 3582r on bp98 tune before this turbo and made 480rwhp, was a very safe tune.

also realised vct wasnt switched on, got new map sent over email earlier and now vct is on, this thing is responsive :)

Edited by methz

no surge noticed yet, with anti surge housing i noticed it slightly in 3rd at low rpm ramping onto boost.. going 4 a drive tnite 2 see how surge goes, time 2 wind the boost back into it.

new cover + vct setup correctly, its like a dif setup, comes on boost so much better and harder.

Edited by methz

Just a quick question, have been reading this thread but havn't exactly found what im looking for.

Basically, im wanting to buy a TD06 20G for my R33 skyline, im not sure if i should go anti surge front housing or non anti surge? i have heard the anti surge makes less power and not as responsive etc whereas the non anti surge makes more HP and is still a proven performer if tuned right etc?

specs on car if wanted:

Stock RB25 engine

s/s highmount

38mm tial gate, 1 bar spring

740cc injectors

freddy plenum

80mmThrottle body

exhaust

greddy digital boost controller

fmic

looking forward to your replies!!

A Freddy plenum isn't really going to help much either..the stock one can handle anything a td06 20g can throw at it....probably make better torque too..also if you get the right ecu you won't need a boost controller ;)