SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

I need help turbo experts.

In a Kando Dynamics what would turbo would be comparable with a T04Z 1.06ish A/R? I'm terrible with this stuff so please be kind.

Cheers :)

T04/66 P-trim..i reckon they even did one with a 1.00, last time i checked

they sell them as T04S/T04R with 84mm compressor wheel

Edited by jet_r31

T04/66 P-trim..i reckon they even did one with a 1.00, last time i checked

they sell them as T04S/T04R with 84mm compressor wheel

Yep, the one that Artz linked is what I came up with as well.

I think we're onto a winner! :D

A Freddy plenum isn't really going to help much either..the stock one can handle anything a td06 20g can throw at it....probably make better torque too..also if you get the right ecu you won't need a boost controller ;)

I forgot to add that i am running a apexi power FC with hand controller, i know the freddy plenum wasnt the smartest move but i did it to tidy up the engine bay until a fab up my own one...eventually.

So in your opinions would the anti surge be more beneficial as opposed to the non anti surge TD06 20G?

I forgot to add that i am running a apexi power FC with hand controller, i know the freddy plenum wasnt the smartest move but i did it to tidy up the engine bay until a fab up my own one...eventually.

So in your opinions would the anti surge be more beneficial as opposed to the non anti surge TD06 20G?

well if you already have a freddy its fine, i just thought to save some coin if you were planning a build.. . :thumbsup:

seems non anti surge is the go, mine works fine without it anyway...have you considered a T67?? seems your all set up for it...

i did consider a T67, but i was told that it would be too big and laggy??? which is why i then though the TD06 20G would be the next best thing for response as well as power. would love to hear some suggestions and comparisons!!

If you lay the charts over each other there is nothing in it..tdo6 has a little more torque downlow but if you are already top mounting may as well go t67 its a killer...see hypergear he has a new billet job too should be even better..

If you lay the charts over each other there is nothing in it..tdo6 has a little more torque downlow but if you are already top mounting may as well go t67 its a killer...see hypergear he has a new billet job too should be even better..

Hmm well this just made things a whole lot more difficult to decide hah, is there dyno graphs on this topic for both the turbos'?

i wouldnt mind seeing them to compare, of course the graphs would have to be based on RB25DET, with relatively similar mods. i have been looking but cant really seem to find them.

This thread and the RB25 dyno thread have them all. You aren't looking hard enough.

there are a number of T67 results and a couple of 20g to compare it to.

Yeh I'd be taking a hypergear option over a kando if I was looking today... Have a look at the SS2 ex gate results, it seems to make the power earlier on then fall off around 6500 where as the T67 dosen't seem to reach full potential until 7500 and beyond.. so realistically for a car with a stock rev limit I think the hypergear is the smarter option??

Kando is cheaper I think? but you get much better service before and after sale with the hypergear.

I emailed Kando about a non anti surge housing, suprised i got an email back after i was told i was blocked after leaving neautral feedback. $175 delivered, in stock now, i'll order one and do a comparrison.

anyone used the billet comp wheeled t67 yet im purchasing a new core is it worth the extra 200 ???

Yeh before and after graphs are in here somewhere... Hard to say if it did anything cause I put in poncams at the same time, boost didn't come on any earlier so I'd say pass. Maybe you could get it at half price if you ask him to fit it before sending.

Hard to say if it did anything cause I put in poncams at the same time, boost didn't come on any earlier so I'd say pass.

It seems that the benefit of billet compressor design is in improved efficiency at higher PR, not in dramatically reduced boost response times. Still be interesting to try them back to back if only to see whether response and power delivery is any more/less progressive.

I'd say unless you are planning on running 20+psi stick with the std comp wheel. For my money I would be asking about the thrust bearing - seem to recall spotting a "race" upgrade to 360 degree version in the Kamak catalogue.