SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

Its only trim between them so its fairly interesting to compare.. both 16 and 18 with 68mm od.

makes the t517z a fairly large turbo in comparison, 8mm up front and 4 out back.

I would say the 2530 is always gonna have a little over the 16g down low but I also think the 16g will shine when highly strung. Going to PR that the 60mm won't and building stronger torque.

I think the larger trim on the 18g gives some of that away, in exchange for a little more outright power at less boost.

Been reading trying to find results for td05 18g on rb20. Somone said he was posting results but i cant find them lol. Mixed results say 4000 -4500 full boost. And 220-230kw??? Im putting cam gears with mine also. Any ideas on full boost and peak power.

Ordered a 12cm housing for my Td06 last Wednesday and it arrived today. That's twice now Kando gave been great with delivery.

The 12cm doesn't look too big. Whilst the 10cm seems to work on everyones T67s setups the lack of availability for my turbo, combined with the fact that the hyper 2 & 2.2L Evos run 10.5cm housings. Well I am hoping a 12cm wont be too bad

Will be interesting to compare the 20g with 8cm vs 12 cm and the 10cm T67 vs the billet 12cm TD06. Goes in for tuning on Monday. Going to keep the same dump for the time being but think I will need a 4" dump for T67 and the billet. First the 12cm TD06-20G vs 12cm TD06-73HTA.

Hope to pop 320rwkws with the 20G and 350 with the 73HTA

Ordered a 12cm housing for my Td06 last Wednesday and it arrived today. That's twice now Kando gave been great with delivery.

The 12cm doesn't look too big. Whilst the 10cm seems to work on everyones T67s setups the lack of availability for my turbo, combined with the fact that the hyp 2 & 2.2L Evos run 10.5cm housings. Well I a hoping a 12cm wont be too bad

Will be interesting to compare the 20g with 8cm vs 12 cm and the 10cm T67 vs the billet 12cm TD06. Goes in for tuning on Monday. Going to keep the same dump for the time being but think I will need a 4" dump for T67 and the billet. First the 12cm TD06-20G vs 12cm TD06-73HTA.

Hope to pop 320rwkws with the 20G and 350 with the 73HTA

the 12cm on my rb25 and td06h-25g was killer.... super aggressive though.

• Like 1

Well will see how this goes. I have high hopes but...lol I had high hopes for the 6boost manifold, Plazmaman plenum, ARC cooler ... lol anything I put on it is normally a step backwards :)

gallery_462_50_30282.jpg

gallery_462_50_285325.jpg

And thanks for the message...was worth a try and will give this a nudge to see if I need to stress about finding a 10cm housing

The real question is how much boost will they need to make the numbers. I have not dismissed keeping the 20G and capping boost at 16-18si and making a meaty 300-320rwks. My fear is the 73HTA will need 26-30psi to make the numbers I am aiming for.

With a smaller turbo such as a td05 18g on rb20 would it more benifical on low mount manifold or top mount manifold? And some reasons. I have looked into this but not really info. Everything i find related to the intake plenum runners.

As far as i know is the top mount will creat quicker spool. Anyone help

With a smaller turbo such as a td05 18g on rb20 would it more benifical on low mount manifold or top mount manifold? And some reasons. I have looked into this but not really info. Everything i find related to the intake plenum runners.

As far as i know is the top mount will creat quicker spool. Anyone help

Internal or external wastegate? Theoretically youll lose response but gain top end with an aftermarket highmount manifold, externally gated.

Cant agree with that statement for a second. The RB20 needs all the effeciency it can get on the exhaust side and a nice tubular exhaust manifold, preferably 6-2-1 style rather than a 6-1 type will give you more grunt everywhere then the same turbo on the std manifold. Thats assuming the same turbo being internal gate. If you go a high mount manifold and external gate you will 90% of the time get better top end as the boost control generally works a lot better.

I also found out what yesterday what everyone already knew. No matter how big the rear housing you try on a 20G, how much boost you run...the compressor calls it quits at about 310-315rwkws. The real interesting thing is for a road car you shoudl run an 8cm housing. Hits 18si at about 3,500rpm and pulls 300rwks then boost falls over to about 15psi.

There is no point reving it over 6,750rpm as the thing has no top end and is choking on exhaust gas with the little 8cm housing. But if you are running E85 it really lets you get away with a less then efficient setup with such a choked hot side of the turbo. Running so little boost, running so few revs and being so damn punchy with the 8cm housing would give you a good reliable street setup on an RB25.

Now for the Poncams and the 73HTA. Should know by Wed. But safe to say the 8cm vs 12cm on the TD06-20G is a waste of time. It just moved the whole power band almost 1,000rpm for no gain in max power or torque curve. It may have helped traction that's about it.

So if its a street car 8cm. Track car 10cm housing as it will trade a few rpm of response but allow you to run more ignition and boost up top and give you a better spread of power rather then the more peaky 8cm result.

Ok my car made 230 rwkw on a mainline at 18 psi. on pump 98

with td05h18G 3 inch anti surge 8cm rear extenal gate on rb20 with stock exh manafold , response was identical to the Vg30 turbo. turbo didnt run out of efficency and there was no boost drop at the top end. It could have probably made an extra 10 -15 kw if we pushed a bit more boost into it it but as the car is held at full noise for extended periods, decided to leave it at that.

will post graph when I have it with me

Edited by murph

Cant agree with that statement for a second. The RB20 needs all the effeciency it can get on the exhaust side and a nice tubular exhaust manifold, preferably 6-2-1 style rather than a 6-1 type will give you more grunt everywhere then the same turbo on the std manifold. Thats assuming the same turbo being internal gate. If you go a high mount manifold and external gate you will 90% of the time get better top end as the boost control generally works a lot better.

I also found out what yesterday what everyone already knew. No matter how big the rear housing you try on a 20G, how much boost you run...the compressor calls it quits at about 310-315rwkws. The real interesting thing is for a road car you shoudl run an 8cm housing. Hits 18si at about 3,500rpm and pulls 300rwks then boost falls over to about 15psi.

There is no point reving it over 6,750rpm as the thing has no top end and is choking on exhaust gas with the little 8cm housing. But if you are running E85 it really lets you get away with a less then efficient setup with such a choked hot side of the turbo. Running so little boost, running so few revs and being so damn punchy with the 8cm housing would give you a good reliable street setup on an RB25.

Now for the Poncams and the 73HTA. Should know by Wed. But safe to say the 8cm vs 12cm on the TD06-20G is a waste of time. It just moved the whole power band almost 1,000rpm for no gain in max power or torque curve. It may have helped traction that's about it.

So if its a street car 8cm. Track car 10cm housing as it will trade a few rpm of response but allow you to run more ignition and boost up top and give you a better spread of power rather then the more peaky 8cm result.

Thanks heaps for that info. I think i might go back to the origanal manifold. I hope it makes the 230 kw on pumo. But im gonna just go all out with e85. Its a pure track car But drive to the track and thats it. So i hope 230+ will do it for me lol with good response for drift

Ok my car made 230 rwkw on a mainline at 18 psi. on pump 98

Awesome effort, hoping to see same figures on mine

Now for the Poncams and the 73HTA.

Thoughts on Cams with TD05-18G, 555cc, Cam Gears + TBE? Waste or worth the coin?

So from interwebs chat the pick of cams are Tomei then HKS, I had Apexi cams that were similar to HKS cams with my 20G and they sucked. Remember that the RB20 std has the same sized cams as the RB25s. That despite 500cc less and half a point of compression. So beauty of RB20s are you have to be pressing them pretty hard to justify new cams.

I am of the thought unless you are flat out curious dont bother with cams as I think the money would be wasted. Unless you are pushing over 330rwkws I dont think cams are going to do anything for you. I have a spare throttle body that is getting bored out but I am packing more cc these days so my results are more representative of RB25 results then RB20 and I am hoping for something over 330rwkws