SAU Community

Selling My Car

harvo

Another defecter to the dark side :action-smiley-069:

I'll get another Datto, it'll just be wearing a Nissan badge is all. I'm to rough to own a classic better to go to someone who will appreciate it for what it is (and the boost bug is bitting)

Hang on didnt you say it wasnt for sale?

That was then, this is now.

I was never a die hard classic fan, yeah there cool car and something different but the cons far out way the pros for me. To make it into the car I want it to be will probably cost close to 10k then theres still the risk of running it into something hard and bending it, then what?

I'd rather go with the masses and get an S13 at least when something brakes there's plenty of parts to fix them. Dosent make sense to me to build a car into something thats already available at a lower cost and with almost endless after market support.

If I could afford it I'd have an s13 and keep this on historic rego, stored away safe and sound. Gonna kick myself if the price of these things keep going up.

I really am torn at the moment but I can't bring myself to drive this thing into the ground so the tough decision had to be made.

Cheers,

Dan

Not having a Go at all, i can completely understand what your talking about.'

I was hit in my GTS at the start of the year, and its been a Pain in the ass to get it fixed,

i worry about my 240k's as i dont have enough parts to fix if hit bad!

• 2 weeks later...

Have had a couple of interested parties but as usual the girls aren't that keen on another "classic" being added to the stableno.gif

anyhow, this is how it stands at the moment all factory, almost...

IMAG0150.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

Hope you all had a great Chrissy and plan to get messy for the new year cheers.gif

Cheers,

Dan

Say if the holley carb was installed without Supercharger would it offer better tunablility/power than the standard carb?

I couldn't say for sure but i would imagine there would be improvements in both, much the same as a big down draft weber possibly.

more air, more fuel, more powers???

It's not unrealistic, but the problem today with these kind of toys is, you have to have someone that particularly wants an C210 coupe and not just a car.

On another thread some insurance company would only pay a maximum of $3000.00 for the C210 sedan damaged by some dickhead they insure. I have my factory spec PNV insured through Shannons for $30000.00, so it would be interesting to see how another company would look at it in a claim situation, because they have no idea of what value cars have other than what the Glasses or Red Books valuation says.

I don't see why you don't just drift this, if that's what you want to do. Why sink thousands into another car when you have a perfectly good one now and that nobody really wants to buy at a reasonable dollar.

One day somewhere along the track these cars are going to be worth squillions, but only when there just isn't another one to be found.

JMHO

D

I'm not in a huge rush to sell it but have found a 200b that I have really taken a liking too and will most likely be bringing it home with me on the weekend.

It's expensive for a 200b but still cheap compared to some other more desirable models so can be brought now and rego'ed once my car sells. Not really that keen to get into drifting more up for some motorkahana/karkahana type stuff nothing to serious but love getting in the dirt/mud and not real keen to throw the coupe round in that stuff. It's also not insured either so really don't like driving it.

So far I've been offered $2500 a couple times, had a sale fall through at $4500, offered $3500 today as well as being offered a ke55 corolla coupe with slr5000 flares, mini tubs, leather interior, half finished project type thing, a kawasaki zzr250 and a ford futura? Whats wrong with these people being the owner of a datto surly they know I have some standards rolleyes.gif

I've spent a LOT of time and a bit of coin to get this thing to where it is today just want to cover my costs, might tone down the advertising till later in the year if it's not sold through ebay (ends sunday)

Anyway, I might give her tub tomorrow and take her for a spin, hasn't been out of the shed for a couple of weeks.

Cheers,

Dan

I agree with Ghosty, you might just have to wait for the right person.

I think its a great car with good value for money for what it is, but with the current prices of imports means its now harder to offload a older car.

a 200b? come on man, why?!

go a s13 if you like dirt, they are awesome and cheap to boot.

(ive paid 1400$ for a rego'd auto,non turbo silvia, and 2700$ for a unrego'd sr20 turbo 5 speed 180sx respectively)