SAU Community

Help ` Ive Been Ripped

i havent read all the posts but dont rely on the moderators help they did nothing for me when i was scrammed as well i didnt even get a reply from either of them they couldnt give a crap bout u my 2c

I usually avoid responding to rude and unappreciative individuals like yourself, but your post above persuaded me to post a reply.

I received a pm from the threadstarter informing me of the issue at hand, and I responded very clearly, advising threadstarter of the best course of action, recommending the matter be reported to the Police immediately, and requesting that the sellers details be provided to moderators so they could be added to the bad trader list. The threadstarter replied with this information, and as promised they will shortly be added to the bad trader listing.

Both myself, and the other FS section mods are growing very tired of people like you, that employ zero common sense or due diligence, and hand over money to internet sellers without doing your homework or taking extra precautions, then proceed to whinge that moderators won't somehow, magically fix the situation to correct your own screw up. We volunteer countless hours of our time running this forum, and repeatedly go out of our way to help out members in any way we can, particularly in less than pleasant situations such as this one where someone has been scammed, and as most members will confirm, we are MORE than happy to help in any way we can. Understand that you as the buyer are the one responsible for taking the required steps to try and ensure a successful and safe transaction with the seller from whom you are purchasing, and having the hide to expect moderators to fully take over and display the rudeness and attitude that you have done when you don't get an immediate response nor the outcome you expected, is frankly, not something we will appreciate or will stand for. We take the security and safety of our members and the trading environment very very seriously and do everything in our power to weed out the scammers and dishonest sellers but we are not miracle workers and as such as the individual undertaking the transaction, the burden of responsibility rests with you.

Now, if you want to discuss your particular matter further, feel free to pm me and I will happily review the situation again, but please, quit it with the cheap shots against moderators otherwise you should expect no help whatsoever.

Cheers.

I just got approached yesterday by someone replying to my WTB post, stating they had the goods I was after and that they were from Townsville.

I did my checking and discovered the phone number was listed on the scammers list. A mate of mine has also heard of a similar scammer operating on the Holden and Ford forums - this individual was also allegedly "dealing" out of Townsville.

I can only stress that you need to understand (and accept) the potential risks with trading over the 'net - especially with purchases interstate where you rely on the seller to be honest and post things on your behalf after you have put the $$ in their account.

To stress - most people are honest.... but you need to be CAREFUL and take as many safety measures as possible - especially if you're spending lots of money!!

This is why I use paypal when I buy my stuff

and how much protection do you think you can get from that? once you have deposited your money it takes less than 7 days for them to get your money out of paypal account, if he does a few of these at once that can add up to a couple of grand, once you have been stuffed around with postage for a couple of weeks that is plenty of time for him to get your money and by the time you lodge a claim his paypal account is empty and you have no chance of getting your money back, he then opens another paypal account and does it all over again.

I got lucky when i bought a wastegate that never arrived, i lodged my claim while he still had money in his account which meansd i got it back.

Sucks that u lost the money man. Guess if it's more than a couple of hundred il from now on try n do more research before putting money in.

Cops are useless and couldnt give 2 turds about it,lets not kid ourselves even though i know there's not much of a choice to go down there anyway.

Just dont hold ur breath.

I like the idea of putting pressure if u can,perhaps chasing every detail u can from the bank or possible friends or whatever back ground they

have. Paypal doesnt mean jack for safety and neither does a bank cheque. My friend got rorted for 27 grand from a perfectly forged bank

cheque that even the bank tellers fell for until hours later. Mean while the guy took his car.

Nothing is full proof on these forums especially with 2nd hand goods sold by us members. Theres got to be a little trust n risk otherwise dont

buy anything at all. Good luck dude.

I just got approached yesterday by someone replying to my WTB post, stating they had the goods I was after and that they were from Townsville.

I did my checking and discovered the phone number was listed on the scammers list. A mate of mine has also heard of a similar scammer operating on the Holden and Ford forums - this individual was also allegedly "dealing" out of Townsville.

I can only stress that you need to understand (and accept) the potential risks with trading over the 'net - especially with purchases interstate where you rely on the seller to be honest and post things on your behalf after you have put the $ in their account.

To stress - most people are honest.... but you need to be CAREFUL and take as many safety measures as possible - especially if you're spending lots of money!!

That guy got me... Let me guess Ho Young?

and how much protection do you think you can get from that? once you have deposited your money it takes less than 7 days for them to get your money out of paypal account, if he does a few of these at once that can add up to a couple of grand, once you have been stuffed around with postage for a couple of weeks that is plenty of time for him to get your money and by the time you lodge a claim his paypal account is empty and you have no chance of getting your money back, he then opens another paypal account and does it all over again.

I got lucky when i bought a wastegate that never arrived, i lodged my claim while he still had money in his account which meansd i got it back.

Ok well you got me stuffed then.

paypal is a load of crap. the dont offer u any security at all. u can only get money back if its a business ur buying from and that paypals investigation finds in ur favour. i think all u guys whinging about being ripped off need to learn to deal with it. if ur dumb enough to hand over money to a complete stranger, dont moan about it when they walk off with it. there are plenty of secure postage methods and ways of doing business with interstate and overseas buyers and sellers. if ur to stupid to use them dont blame every1 else.

in short, have any of u heard of COD?? use it!

n short, have any of u heard of COD?? use it!

So instead of getting nothing you get a brick, have only used it a couple of times but they don't let you open it before you pay.

And the end of the day its a risk you take and its up to you to decide if its worth it or not.

to blitz i send u a very polite pm about me being scammed all i asked for is the blokes email and to notify other users about the bloke and got no reply .but when i sent u a inquiry about your titanium pipe for sale a week later i got a reply pretty quick mate i dont think i was asking for something that was to hard to get

so thats the story probably be banned for standing up to the moderator now lol

^dude ae you serious?

Hey Blitz, how about you break all Australian privacy laws, risk being put in jail, and paying compensation, and just publish everyone's name address email and IP details on the front page of the forums.

Fark me, the stupidity in here actually hurts my head.

Stop farken blaming others for your mistakes and take some responsibility.

TIP OF THE DAY -

If you don't want to get scammed and want 100% fool proof way of purchasing, lift your ar$e up, go to your nearest parts shop and buy what you need.

^dude ae you serious?

Hey Blitz, how about you break all Australian privacy laws, risk being put in jail, and paying compensation, and just publish everyone's name address email and IP details on the front page of the forums.

Fark me, the stupidity in here actually hurts my head.

Stop farken blaming others for your mistakes and take some responsibility.

TIP OF THE DAY -

If you don't want to get scammed and want 100% fool proof way of purchasing, lift your ar$e up, go to your nearest parts shop and buy what you need.

Amen

/End Thread