SAU Community

Digital Gauge

SargeRX8

Ive got a 7" screen in my dash area in my car. I see the computer they got in the R34 GTR and its quite mint.

Is something like this achievable? Are there any kits which can output data via a tv out cable to input into my headunit?

Damn it would be nice to make something so simple like that. I'm seriously surprised no one has thought of it. Just need a little computer I guess which reads all the sensors and displays them on-screen.

I could do something using a carputer, but would be limited as I would have NO idea how to get readings from the car into a windows operating system...

Check out this pic.

53362d1231620872-digital-gauge-software-gauges.jpg

Greedy I think just bought out a touch screen engine monitoring system or it may have been one of the other big Japanese brands. I guess there would be a way to wire something like this to your screen but at the end of the day it would be cheaper/easier to just use the unit itself

If the genuine gtr items were cheap enough they would be the go. But I'd say to do one as you want would require some sort of mini computer in the car and a custom

program?

But if you could find someone to do this I'm sure there would be a market for it. I have a 7 inch screen in my car and something like that would be cool to check vitals. Especially seen as I could run it behind my music/iPod playing

Edited by 89CAL

If you running the stock ecu or a piggy back you could use a real basic computer setup and use the ECUtalk software and cable. it has a whole stack of available software with different displays. A few are vey close to your pic. Thatd be the easiest way i can think off.

This seems like a very interesting idea, i have come across a few cars who are using windows connected to their 7"inch screen and get all the readings.. I would be definetly interested too for something like this..

• 2 weeks later...

The EPSON system isnt a screen, its a computer that connects to the NISMO screen. I have the NISMO screen dash in my car, but I dont have the EPSON system sadly.

Another option is the HKS CAMP or CAMP2 system. A quick Google search should give you the info you need.

The EPSON system isnt a screen, its a computer that connects to the NISMO screen. I have the NISMO screen dash in my car, but I dont have the EPSON system sadly.

Another option is the HKS CAMP or CAMP2 system. A quick Google search should give you the info you need.

These are the ones to go for, i have had the epsom ej1 and found it to be very lacking, espensive and hard to find, the hks ones seem to be a lot better and a lot easier to get a hold of and both have an rca out to plug into any screen, they would also have some sort of customer support, from my research the ej1 was never sold retail, it only came out in certain models as an oem product which means getting any sort of support is impossible.