SAU Community

Just Got Defected..

RBLUV

car is stock again as of tonight, going to vicroads to have a chat on friday, then i gotta try find a roadworthy joint that can be effed dealing with a vass as well, keep yas posted

Its written on my defect I'm can only clear it at denmark street and required to only be cleared by appointment with this guy, anyone been to this joint before?

Denmark Street Kew is Vicroads head office.

IMO the officer is in the wrong and cannot specify which VicRoads you need to attend as any defect can be cleared at ANY VicRoads.

You would be wrong here, an officer can tell you what vicroads to get it cleared at. If they want to make life hard, they could have put Mildura.

In most cases they right ANY (vicroads) in this section, but nothing stops them from put a certain vicroads.

Does anyone know if with a RWC to clear a defect do the specific defect items need to be stated on the roadworthy as fixed?

Yes ant items listed needs to be fixed, but a car shouldn't past roadworthy without these items bing fixed.

If they have put on there VASS required, Vicroads wont clear the defect until you get the certificate. The VASS engineers might be picky with other mods you have.

Your correct, if a VASS is stated as required then you need one. it won't be cleared without it.

And yes an officer can require one on a defect notice.

i know cops have the authority to defect a car based on an observation of unroadworthiness and the right to report you to the EPA based on an observation of the car being below emmisions standards .... but i wonder if they have the right to order a vass engineers certificate!

Yes they do.

So the police. As stupid as some can be are qualified to ask you to get a vass certificate? That's f**ked up. Before any cop does a check on your car ask them if they have completed the according training and have the certificate with then that they can do a rwc check. Has caught out a few cops in my time :) they cbf calling tmu so I left.

Cops don't need to do any training to issue defects, as soon as they are cops they can.

No one carry's the certificate, as its not required and anyway as its an A4 sheet of paper, so its not that easy to carry :rolleyes:

i can see the defect bit, and the conditions of use of the vehicle part, what about the right to request a vass certificate

Here it is, under Road Safety (Vehicles) Regulations 2009 section 257 http://www.austlii.e...09309/s257.html

257 Use of modified vehicles

(1) A person must not use on a highway a vehicle that has been modified from the condition in which it

was in when first registered unless the modification—

(a) has the Corporation's approval; or

(b) has been carried out in accordance with guidelines published by the Corporation

which are available—

(i) at the offices of the Corporation; or (ii) on the internet website of the

Corporation.

Penalty: 5 penalty units.

(2) The Corporation must not give its approval to or in respect of a vehicle modification if the vehicle no longer complies with the standards for registration unless the Corporation proposes to register the vehicle under regulation 30(1).

The Corporation approval means a VASS certificate

Guideline published by the corporation means VSI (vehicle standards information)

I can't prove this more then this, without releasing internal documents which I not allowwed to do.

But trust me, I do this for a living, I'm giving you the correct information, I have no reason to lie to you. If you really want to check call the the police general number and ask to speak to the Vehicle safety testing centre and ask them.

You own me a beer sometime for digging this stuff up.:thumbsup: as I'm doing it on my own time to help you.

And yes the cop may be was a bit tough on you, bit you did know that you were breaking the law. as it's said "do the crime, do the time"

i believe you mate i was just after something written in regards to vass i couldnt find anything

Yeah no problems, I'm happy to help if I can.

The information I posted was from the Victorian police Vehicle Safety Manual, but I can't post it up.

I know it doesn't spell it out in laymans terms but thats is where it relates.

What the cop has done is right, maybe a little harsh? I can't say as I wasn't there! but what he has done is not outside his powers.

Edited by tss

Yeah no problems, I'm happy to help if I can.

The information I posted was from the Victorian police Vehicle Safety Manual, but I can't post it up.

I know it doesn't spell it out in laymans terms but thats is where it relates.

What the cop has done is right, maybe a little harsh? I can't say as I wasn't there! but what he has done is not outside his powers.

sounds to me like you're a cop :O

Quick everyone, hide your mods!!1 :P

(welcome :) )

sounds to me like you're a cop :O

Quick everyone, hide your mods!!1 :P

(welcome :) )

far, far, far worst then that,:whistling: I've been outed earlier, look it up.

Edited by tss

far, far, far worst then that,:whistling: I've been outed earlier, look it up.

oo i see.

Well if you cant beat them, join them? Welcome to SAU :P

haha, depends what you mean by worse. I find powertripping cops much worse as they try to ping you with nonsense, whereas you have your facts straight and you cant argue with the facts