SAU Community

Just Got Defected..

RBLUV

i just googled kew vicroads and found this:

Note: The following two offices are administrative offices only and do not conduct registration and licensing transactions.

Kew Head Office

60 Denmark Street

Kew, Victoria 3101

what is this magical place eeek

It's where the head engineers are.

They don't do licensing etc as stated. If you call up to speak to a VicRoads Engineer, that's the place you end up at over the phone.

But yes, either way just go get a RWC and drive upto ANY VicRoads.

IMO the officer is in the wrong and cannot specify which VicRoads you need to attend as any defect can be cleared at ANY VicRoads.

It's sheerly administrative.

Hi im from SAU, put it back to stock, cos its legal, you must do it. Cos its legal. Please Obide the law or you deserve to be punished. If you try and do anything illegal i will think badly of you. So don't even put an exhaust on your car. OK?

Hi im from SAU, put it back to stock, cos its legal, you must do it. Cos its legal. Please Obide the law or you deserve to be punished. If you try and do anything illegal i will think badly of you. So don't even put an exhaust on your car. OK?

haha i see what you did there

in a nut shell what r31nismoid said but still dont forget your lube. Also keeping in mind if the copper that if the copper pulled you over in your local area he is prob going to pul you over everytime he sees you now.

Edited by RDirty24door

really.....? i've been reading your posts for a long time now and i thought you were somehow posting here from boostcruising

Theres not things wrong, he just wrote on the defect vass certificate required and I have to clear it by special appointment with this bloke PLUS rwc required ffs. Obviously I'll take it there stock and road worthy only thing I'm worried about is the hole under the battery tray.

Does anyone know if with a RWC to clear a defect do the specific defect items need to be stated on the roadworthy as fixed?

In theory you'd assume so.

However VicRoads don't care. Sometimes they wont even ask to see the car.

Just give them the RWC, hand in defect - cleared and drive home.

Just depends on the person on the day if they actually want to inspect it, but no, i wouldnt see a reason to require the specific things listed.

I know a place where they do RWC for $80, 97949394, Vincent from Dandenong. (Not a dodgey RWC)

Most places do them for that price, some cheaper ($65-$70)

My overall pricing was 200/300 simply because id take a stab the car isn't 100% perfect.

Most cars aren't. Steering rack leaks and so on are common.

Theres not things wrong, he just wrote on the defect vass certificate required and I have to clear it by special appointment with this bloke PLUS rwc required ffs. Obviously I'll take it there stock and road worthy only thing I'm worried about is the hole under the battery tray.

If they have put on there VASS required, Vicroads wont clear the defect until you get the certificate. The VASS engineers might be picky with other mods you have.

i know cops have the authority to defect a car based on an observation of unroadworthiness and the right to report you to the EPA based on an observation of the car being below emmisions standards .... but i wonder if they have the right to order a vass engineers certificate!