SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

How can that be Aaron? I've driven one with a Kakimoto & it was loud. What did you have on before? (sorry, it's probably listed 5 pages ago, just don't want to go looking).

lol kakimoto R? or N1 hypermega or something ?

Its a shit load quieter than before, and its brand new so it looks like its only going to get quieter as the gunk builds up.

it was a custom job before. which could explain why is was loud.. flowed 230kw though..

I'm pretty sure it looked a bit like this...post-61153-0-50538100-1300106234_thumb.jpg lol?

Sorry Aaron, I saw this the other day, & I was just reminded of it. No hate

hahahahha lol none taken. it looks better now, thats for sure.

The kakimoto R has this random 4.5 inch tip cover thats spot welded on.. wasn't happy with it. so me and scott attacked the spot welds with a drill and grinder, and polished the spots to invisible. we remoulded some of the pipe so the muffler sits abit higher off the ground.

ill take some pictures tonight, and hopefully a vid for sound.

IMO - it looks WAY better without the random tip.

Had 3 tiny pin dents removed from the Stagea by a PDR guy who just fixed $6000 of hail damage to our daily. Sooo bloody obvious on a Black car...

Total cost? $60.:worship:

Result; perfect job, one happy customer!

Just got back from registering the car... had to do an ID check, pay for new plates, 3 months rego and transfer of rego. Total wait time = 90 minutes. Total of reaming = $1100. Thanks SA Department of Transport :rant:

Just got back from registering the car... had to do an ID check, pay for new plates, 3 months rego and transfer of rego. Total wait time = 90 minutes. Total of reaming = $1100. Thanks SA Department of Transport :rant:

mak sure you cash in your nsw rego, get some cash back

mak sure you cash in your nsw rego, get some cash back

Thats the plan, except looking at the requirements I think I actually need the signatures of every person, living or dead, who built my car!

Fashioned a bespoke knob from aluminium bar. Turned it up on a poor mans' lathe (bench drill).

Has a nice solid feel & looks a lot better than a missing knob.

post-76144-0-15197800-1300190990_thumb.jpg

Fashioned a bespoke knob from aluminium bar. Turned it up on a poor mans' lathe (bench drill).

Not too shabby at all :thumbsup:

looks great!

well heres the only pic i took of the exhaust

Kakimoto R and pulled off the almost 5" tip tacked on.

cleans up well.

post-77654-0-37679200-1300219873_thumb.jpg

THAT looks great.

Tip is way big enough. Also like the debadged look on your black car. Probably a better effect than it would be on a silver or white car IMO.

I have a Kaki as well and should take the big tip off mine, does it make it quieter with the monster tip off? Just ordered some HPX pads from GSL for the Stag as well. Is there a FAST system for Subaru's? I need to order some HPX for my sister in law but the liberty model she's got has a million different pads used in them.

i have a spare that i found under the carpet in my car :)

THAT looks great.

Tip is way big enough. Also like the debadged look on your black car. Probably a better effect than it would be on a silver or white car IMO.

thanks man! yeh i've never liked badges, its always my first mod.. just wasnt sure about the nissan badge..

I have a Kaki as well and should take the big tip off mine, does it make it quieter with the monster tip off? Just ordered some HPX pads from GSL for the Stag as well. Is there a FAST system for Subaru's? I need to order some HPX for my sister in law but the liberty model she's got has a million different pads used in them.

its doesnt make any difference to sound I wouldnt think. Mine being straight through from the turbo its not AS loud as it was before.. i kind of like the deep not it has...but it looks much better without the big tip IMO. i put the vinyl that came with it on the tip. looks tough.. ill take another pic tonight.

Gee thanks Iain. That was information I could have done with a week ago!

Well I suppose I have something a bit unique now.

Speaking of unique, did you see my post on the stealth boost gauge on m35stagea.info? BTW I can't get on right now. Could just be the internet where I'm am right now though.

I thought you had to transfer within 14 days?

I thought this too, until I went to the RTA. Because I've got till the end of the month, they told me to wait it out and then get the blue slip to put it under NSW rego. No fines apply for exceeding 14 days in this case.

So who bought the IMPUL ECU off IM via Streeter last nite? :whistling:

lol you do realise you have to start another tune basically from scratch!

how much your score it for?