SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

your top speed must be awesome in that thing!!!! :P

Good figure bud....well done!.....I still would have thought you would crack the 300AWKW's though!....what PSI?

sorry i was wrong it was 285kw at the wheels lol

yeh it will crack much more, it was only tuned on ethanol because of the boost problem. -which is not so much of a problem anymore.

its pretty much tuned in 98, but on e85 for safety.

its at 20psi as the wastegate hole is a wee bit too small lol

feels f**king insane

look at the dyno results topic

sorry i was wrong it was 285kw at the wheels lol

yeh it will crack much more, it was only tuned on ethanol because of the boost problem. -which is not so much of a problem anymore.

its pretty much tuned in 98, but on e85 for safety.

its at 20psi as the wastegate hole is a wee bit too small lol

feels f**king insane

look at the dyno results topic

Was the only difference between tunes your exhaust?

Installed a New Greddy ProfecB spec2 boost controller today with Craig's help.. :)

Will be interesting to see how this feels over the next few days but feels good so far.

post-41854-0-02983600-1300622266_thumb.jpg

That's a neat install guys. I'm impressed. I didn't realise the unit was that small. No probs with fitting it in there at all by the looks.

A little bit of chopping on the cradles for the ETC reader to sit it in and mounted the solenoid in the battery box so very stealth.

Also had to make a small hole in the glove box cover to stop the dial hitting the lid. Turns out there is more room if you mount it a little higher.. lol

A little bit of chopping on the cradles for the ETC reader to sit it in and mounted the solenoid in the battery box so very stealth.

Also had to make a small hole in the glove box cover to stop the dial hitting the lid. Turns out there is more room if you mount it a little higher.. lol

Solenoid in battery box. I must remember that - thanks, I like it!

Yes, the inside shape of that compartment varies considerably in profile.

What did you use to cut out the shape?

Edited by Commsman

Solenoid in battery box. I must remember that - thanks, I like it!

Yes, the inside shape of that compartment varies considerably in profile.

What did you use to cut out the shape?

I just measured the shape and cut by hand with a drill and scalpel. A bit of evening whittling. lol

Where did you get the Greddy Profec from and how much did you pay? (if I may ask)

cost was about $280 from Japan... if you are interested I can see if they have more?

ProfecB2 is a nice little unit, some people hate them

Not to get too offtopic, but any idea why they hate them? Id be looking at going the Profec B II route

Not to get too offtopic, but any idea why they hate them? Id be looking at going the Profec B II route

people feel that they're fiddly things, when adjusting gains and etc.

but everything that comes out of japan is fiddly. lol people should deal with it.

Yeah mostly I think it is people not reading the manual and/or taking the time to set them up properly. It's not quite as simple as "I WANT 20psi, K.. GO!"

Also, some think they can't handle huge boost and prefer to go for the Blitz dual solenoid units. The theory there is that the dual solenoids can handle fast ramping, huge boost setups better.