SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Replace the gearbox and transfer first mate, that will fix the fault... :ninja:

hahah someone wants some parts :P

and yeah that will be happening in the next few weeks too!

I changed my oil today, used Motul 8100 Xcess. While I was doing this I replaced the stock sump plug with a Greddy magentic sump plug, and also installed a Greddy oil filter relocation kit. A Greddy OX-3 oil filter is fitted to the kit.

Now to go for a test run later to see if I there are no leaks. I know If there can be a problem, I will have it.:domokun:

car went to chasers on saturday to get the emanage back in. had a slight missfire with the emanage in but have been assured its fine and made 180awkw so everything appears to be in order! car pull so much stronger and cleanly now. love it.

Put a dump pipe on the car yesterday and mated it to the factory front pipe and then into the Kakimoto rear. A nice little increase in power and response I think from my butt dyno readings.

Put a dump pipe on the car yesterday and mated it to the factory front pipe and then into the Kakimoto rear. A nice little increase in power and response I think from my butt dyno readings.

Kakimoto R?

wait do you have an m35?

lol....one day you'll get it done!!!!

I thought you had an AR-X for some reason!

Nope, RS. Didn't want an AR-X, not a big fan of the plastic bumpers, and reading here made it sound like it was a hassle to change the suspension.

Yeah, mostly me being a dickhead.

Cooked it proper like, think I have broken the tranny oil pump too which caused it to cook even more.

Was beating up on it for a couple of hours through the hills, then dropped a skid on some semi slicks no worries. Went to drop another skid but I think a combination of hot engine, hot box, hot semis, really didn't go down well :( Then add in the fact it was 1am, I was tired and cranky coz it wouldn't light up so I probably tried a bit too hard >_<

Now there is a dull rattle from the bellhousing, HEAPS of fluid in the pan at temp (with a nice burnt smell) and can't get any gear (can see the selection on the dash though). Diagnostics said Shift Solenoid B and Overrun clutch solenoid but I highly doubt those... the fact that there is a rattle, heaps of fluid in the pan and can't get any gear leads me to think the oil pump is busted. Got a spare torque converter from a 34GTT but not a spare box :(

Edited by bubba

I changed my oil today, used Motul 8100 Xcess. While I was doing this I replaced the stock sump plug with a Greddy magentic sump plug, and also installed a Greddy oil filter relocation kit. A Greddy OX-3 oil filter is fitted to the kit.

Now to go for a test run later to see if I there are no leaks. I know If there can be a problem, I will have it.:domokun:

Was it hard? Fitting mine tomorrow lol any tips?

Fitted nice white LEDs to cabin lights (standard) plus white LED strips to footwells both front & back.

Wired them to come on with door open (not running all the time) which gives a nice ambience when you first hop in.

You have to choose colour, brightness and method of operation carefully. It can be a fine line sometimes between classy and RICER :laugh: .