SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

You may find that once it it being controlled by the ecu, it actually pulls closed. Most throttle bodies have an air bypass port to control idle, and the butterfly seals completely.

Not this Throttle Body Dale. This one has no bypass.

This is why you have to clean them on a occasional basis or the car can start to stall.

Cheers

Andy

Not this Throttle Body Dale. This one has no bypass.

This is why you have to clean them on a occasional basis or the car can start to stall.

Cheers

Andy

Definitely explains the reason. A small amount of blockage would cause issues.

You learn something every day pinch.gif .

yeah spoolin has 19x9.5 +40 with a 12mm spacer so effectively a +28 offset... but they do stick out a bit - he has stretched tyres and they dont scrub.

but talk to him about tyre wear. with that width and offset you cant take out much of the camber or they will scrub the guards, so tyres wont last long.

Cheers mate, shot him through a PM.

I'm also looking to stretch so hopefully it won't rub too much.

Would a narrower rim help at all? The only reason I ask is the rims I'm looking at only come in +22, 10 or 0.

Cheers mate, shot him through a PM.

I'm also looking to stretch so hopefully it won't rub too much.

Would a narrower rim help at all? The only reason I ask is the rims I'm looking at only come in +22, 10 or 0.

A narrower rim will always help. As I mentioned I am running 19x8.5 +22 and thats pretty flush.

You can work out how much more they will come out with the following equation:

(width (in inches) x 25.4(mm)) Divided / by 2 - the offset is how much rim comes out from the hub face

So mine that are flush are 8.5x45.5 = 215. Divided by 2 = 107.95. Minus the +22 offset = 85.95mm from the hub face. And thats about flush with the front guards: see pic below.

So 9.5 +22 would be 98.65mm from the guard. So it will stick out a further 12.7mm than what I have.

Ben.

_MG_7823.jpg

_MG_7824.jpg

Edited by bbenny

A narrower rim will always help. As I mentioned I am running 19x8.5 +22 and thats pretty flush.

(width (in inches) x 25.4(mm)) Divided / by 2 - the offset is how much rim comes out from the hub face

So mine that are flush are 8.5x45.5 = 215. Divided by 2 = 107.95. Minus the +22 offset = 85.95mm from the hub face. And thats about flush with the front guards: see pic below.

So 9.5 +22 would be 98.65mm from the guard. So it will stick out a further 12.7mm than what I have.

Ben.

_MG_7823.jpg

_MG_7824.jpg

That is a really good fitment...

Ben.

_MG_7823.jpg

_MG_7824.jpg

That looks perfect

I'm looking at something like this:

IMG_5768500W.jpg

Yeah they would look awesome! Ce28 copy? are they Vaerrston or whatever the brand is called?

I should also mention if you run 9.5 you cannot run an offset higher than +35 or they will rub the front suspension arm.

Will look awesome!

I'm thinking of getting new wheels, I love my wheels but they're just a little too small. 18x9.5 at +15. I'll see how it looks once it's slammed with 25mm spacers.. So -10 lol

Yeah they would look awesome! Ce28 copy? are they Vaerrston or whatever the brand is called?

I should also mention if you run 9.5 you cannot run an offset higher than +35 or they will rub the front suspension arm.

They are indeed.

So really my only option is the 9.5 to get a few tyre options and the highest offset these come in is +22 so rubbing on the suspension won't be an issue. I will do some ringing around RE 19in tyres to suit an 8.5 as if I can find some at a reasonable price I'll go that way.

They are indeed.

So really my only option is the 9.5 to get a few tyre options and the highest offset these come in is +22 so rubbing on the suspension won't be an issue. I will do some ringing around RE 19in tyres to suit an 8.5 as if I can find some at a reasonable price I'll go that way.

I think you said you were in Adelaide? Call Mark at SA Motorsport Tyres on 0409288380, tell him Ryan from Pure Motorsport sent you. He'll look after you.

Removed the Walbro fuel pump today and reinstalled the stock fuel pump and fixed my big hesitation problem around right hand corners ... :)

No issues supplying enough fuel with the stock pump?

It was well and truly maxed by 220, as the pressure dropped after that point and the injectors had to be opened exponentially to squeeze more flow out of it. Not where you want to be, fuel supply wise especially if you have stock injectors.

It was well and truly maxed by 220, as the pressure dropped after that point and the injectors had to be opened exponentially to squeeze more flow out of it. Not where you want to be, fuel supply wise especially if you have stock injectors.

I may put the Walbro back in but need to do 2 things first,

1) use the filter fitted to the stock to the pump. (I think the filter fitted to the Walbro may be part of the problem. It is smaller and in less than 12 months has gone black)

2) Run the 12v power supply to the pump. I agree that the Walbro seems to perform better with the additional power.

Especially as I have the 60lb Siemans injectors to go in with the tune.

Went a bit overboard on eBay today, picked up my slimline fan ready for the front mount intercooler, and ended up getting a Nismo dash after putting in an offer... Bit sad, but ah well!

Do you have the factory Screen/Nav Unit. I saw the cluster on ebay also, but was trying to determine if it was the right cluster to suit car with factory screen (different part numbers according to Nismo catalog)?

I have a set of Nismo boost gauges. Looking for the Nismo cluster as we speak (ex Japan). Out of interest, what did you end out paying?