SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Pics of the car yet?

Oh and today i took my car our to mallala for the g1 drift.

Drove half a lap to the start to get some different camera angles and went to start it and had no power left pinch.gif

Getting your car jump started in front of a few thousand people on a race track is embarrassing... New battery this week methinks...

Would like to see a couple of your best pics sometime Ryan. Bugger about the shameful moment. Didn't we have this talk about your battery a few weeks back...?

Would like to see a couple of your best pics sometime Ryan. Bugger about the shameful moment. Didn't we have this talk about your battery a few weeks back...?

Yep, tested it and it was on the way out, but still in servicable life, so dads suggestion was leave it. Now Ill be changing it!

I dont really take photos, more video work. Check out www.puremotorsport.tv for that. Im still learning decent photography, use my 7D more for video and happy snaps.

Drove half a lap to the start to get some different camera angles and went to start it and had no power left >_<

Getting your car jump started in front of a few thousand people on a race track is embarrassing... New battery this week methinks...

Should of said you were just showing them the new strut brace :worship:

Yep, tested it and it was on the way out, but still in servicable life, so dads suggestion was leave it. Now Ill be changing it!

I dont really take photos, more video work. Check out www.puremotorsport.tv for that. Im still learning decent photography, use my 7D more for video and happy snaps.

Fair enough. I like to leave my battery until they give me trouble too. First sign on my car was when I shut the boot it would close completely then I'd hear the motor again & it would open back up. Maybe so you can't lock someone in the car when the battery is on the way out....?

And I've looked at some of your vids - there's some great stuff on there, but I think it's just an excuse to go to heaps of motorsport :thumbsup:

was speaking to haltech on sunday at MotorEx and they reakon they have a stand alone ecu that can run our NM35's

i forget the model but it could've been this one:

http://www.haltech.com.au/index.php/product/platinum-pro-harness-series/the-platinum-pro-harness-nissan-r35-gt-r

was speaking to haltech on sunday at MotorEx and they reakon they have a stand alone ecu that can run our NM35's

http://www.haltech.c...nissan-r35-gt-r

I'd be asking for a money back guarantee on that claim; speak to Jetwreck.

Not saying it can't be done obviously, but yeah; speak to Jetwreck...

Edited by Daleo

Well the R34 GTT brakes I had lined up turned out to be R33 GTST. Still an upgrade compared to stock and at the right price. R33 GTST 296 x 30mm with 4 piston calliper V's M35 296 x 24mm with single piston calliper.

Today I got some mounting bolt sleeves to fit them up.

I can organise another set or two if anyone else is interested in some R33 GTST front callipers and discs with bolt sleeves for $300 plus post for people not in Adelaide.

Edited by slippylotion

http://www.haltech.com.au/index.php/product/platinum-pro-harness-series/the-platinum-pro-harness-nissan-r35-gt-r

I spoke to haltech a month ago, they suggested a ps2000 as does my tuner but we are talking a week to setup and tune with no guarantee it can control cams etc or communicate through the can network. Perhaps I will go that way if the fcon doesn't pan out but I doubt it. Too much setup time involved but a great option if someone wants to spend the coin on r+d, (plus 2k for the unit.)

I'd be asking for a money back guarantee on that claim; speak to Jetwreck.

Not saying it can't be done obviously, but yeah; speak to Jetwreck...

what Dale said just quietly....better off with the E-manage if you are going for a piggyback setup.

PS2000 ftw imo.....the problem is the gearbox ecu in all this imo.

what Dale said just quietly....better off with the E-manage if you are going for a piggyback setup.

PS2000 ftw imo.....the problem is the gearbox ecu in all this imo.

Don't Transgo do a re-write for the RE5RO5A ecus?

http://www.transgo.com/rpg_nissan.php

Haven't looked into it yet though (or if I have, I have forgotten)

Don't Transgo do a re-write for the RE5RO5A ecus?

http://www.transgo.com/rpg_nissan.php

Haven't looked into it yet though (or if I have, I have forgotten)

a reprogramming kit is a valve body upgrade.

we need the ECU to control it to adjust shift points and response time to the paddle shift etc. i found one in the states that do, or used to, support the RE5, but they never responded to my email.............

You sure you thought about that first sentence properly, Iain? Wouldn't an ECU reprogramming be the electronic side, and the valve body upgrade the mechanical side?

*Disclaimer: I don't know that much about autoboxes, but this theory fits with my understanding...

Has anyone had a shift to kit fitted to an NM35? I rang MV Automatics to get one done when they service the trans and told me that there is no good shift kit available for them. The kit would cost around $700 fitted and only give around 5% increase in performance so he suggested not to do it.

Lol. I thought they knew their sh*t...

Yes. And its a requirement if you plan to bump up the power with an ecu. I cooked my auto on the dyno 2 years ago.

Just don't open up the converter whatever you do.