SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

OK, so I just fitted the engine cover back onto the car to double check if it will fit with the 17mm plenum spacer. When I fitted the spacer and the cover I thought it was hitting the bonnet so took it back off. Ive been thinking about it during the week and for some reason really wanted the cover back on whistling.gif

I put a nice smear of Vicks vapour rub on the 6 bulges of the cover, then closed the bonnet and started engine and gave it a few good revs. When I lifted the bonnet I found NO Vicks on the bonnet lining. So I am now going to make up some play dough and put a 3-5mm layer on the engine cover and try that. I do this when building my Valiant engines to check piston to valve clearance with a BIG lift cam. This way I can cut it and get a cross section of the play dough to see exactly how much clearance there is.

And I also pulled out the rubber grommets in the cover and turned them upside down, this sat the cover about 2 mm lower.

Edited by slippylotion

OK, so I just fitted the engine cover back onto the car to double check if it will fit with the 17mm plenum spacer. When I fitted the spacer and the cover I thought it was hitting the bonnet so took it back off. Ive been thinking about it during the week and for some reason really wanted the cover back on whistling.gif

I put a nice smear of Vicks vapour rub on the 6 bulges of the cover, then closed the bonnet and started engine and gave it a few good revs. When I lifted the bonnet I found NO Vicks on the bonnet lining. So I am now going to make up some play dough and put a 3-5mm layer on the engine cover and try that. I do this when building my Valiant engines to check piston to valve clearance with a BIG lift cam. This way I can cut it and get a cross section of the play dough to see exactly how much clearance there is.

And I also pulled out the rubber grommets in the cover and turned them upside down, this sat the cover about 2 mm lower.

I know the cover does look good and keeps the motor looking neater but I can tell you it makes the motor (intake) much hotter than with the cover removed. One of the biggest issues I ave seen with covers left on is the rubber parts becoming stiff and brittle sooner.

Busy day today, gave the car a service, and while I was at it, fitted up:

Fumoto Oil Drain Valve

R34 Intercooler

10psi Actuator

Yellow Jackets Coilpacks

Replaced the HKS pod that came with my car with a stock airbox and Apexi filter

And gave my AFM a quick clean with contact cleaner

Busy day today, gave the car a service, and while I was at it, fitted up:

Fumoto Oil Drain Valve

R34 Intercooler

10psi Actuator

Yellow Jackets Coilpacks

Replaced the HKS pod that came with my car with a stock airbox and Apexi filter

And gave my AFM a quick clean with contact cleaner

Good work -exhaust next on the list or is it already done?

Thanks, dump pipe's next on the list. Has factory Nismo option exhaust on it, and like how quiet it is, so wanting to keep that, at least until my daughter's quite a bit older. Just wanted to make it a bit more fun for occasionally giving it a little on the way to work and back :P

Itd be fine (and good price too!) if used in conjunction with a pigyback setup to finetune it for your setup, ie + SAFC + SITC, or + emanage ultimate

ie, like Im running chipped ecu tune + AEM Fic/8, which is emanage equivelant

But in saying that Ive got a z32 ecu here to nistune-chip, once Ive bought a harness patch extension to completely rewire everything. After cracking piston #5, shattering the rings, and cracking the rings on piston #4, Id prefer a full tune via Nistune.

Itd be fine (and good price too!) if used in conjunction with a pigyback setup to finetune it for your setup, ie + SAFC + SITC, or + emanage ultimate

ie, like Im running chipped ecu tune + AEM Fic/8, which is emanage equivelant

But in saying that Ive got a z32 ecu here to nistune-chip, once Ive bought a harness patch extension to completely rewire everything. After cracking piston #5, shattering the rings, and cracking the rings on piston #4, Id prefer a full tune via Nistune.

You can do a Nistune tune on the Stagea ECU so you don't need the Z32 ECU.

You can do a Nistune tune on the Stagea ECU so you don't need the Z32 ECU.

Sadly you can't Nistune the S1 Stagea (or the R33 Skyline) ecu - only the S2 or R34 Skyline.

It looks awesome!

Replaced my battery Friday night. In the dark and rain, because the other one finally gave up completely.

Should be ordering shocks and disks this week, can't wait!

It looks awesome!

Replaced my battery Friday night. In the dark and rain, because the other one finally gave up completely.

Should be ordering shocks and disks this week, can't wait!

No BC's Ryan?