SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

So Tonkins don't recommend alloy ones at all. I brought it up a few times and every time he just told me to replace it with a standard one. His main argument is that they cost lots of money and if they leak they can't repair them.

FYI: Koyo V2588 from Street to Track for $545 delivered, Mishimoto MMRAD-G35-03 $475 delivered.

Still not sure what to do!

Umm, have they heard of welding?

Your cars white, it doesnt show the dirt like a dark colour. Mine had gone probably 2 months without a wash :ninja:

I guess aiming for around 8am? Far too early for a Saturday. Given they wanted to run all the AWD's first, and theres still a few gaps early on - Id suggest we may get bumped 'earlier' to fill those gaps.

8am is way early, i'll have to leave the dirty south before 7 am!!!! on a saturday!!!! GAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

But a new plan is forming..... finish work at midnight, drive to gillman, sleep in stagea, make noise on dyno, laugh at pitiful power figuresthumbsup.gif

So Tonkins don't recommend alloy ones at all. I brought it up a few times and every time he just told me to replace it with a standard one. His main argument is that they cost lots of money and if they leak they can't repair them.

FYI: Koyo V2588 from Street to Track for $545 delivered, Mishimoto MMRAD-G35-03 $475 delivered.

Still not sure what to do!

A crap alloy radiator is worse than the stock one apparently, they must be multiple pass for the higher cooling effect to be considered an upgrade.

I think they are saying if the fins leak they cant braze them whereas the stock one can be?

Probably. While on the topic, is there any benefit to these silicon radiator hoses? I assumed it was just for the bling but is there any actual point to it?

They look good.

That is all.

V35 Koyo rad ordered. Taking suggestions on trans coolers. Is it worth getting one with a thermostat so the oil warms quickly on the cold mornings?

Does your new radiator have a section to cool the transmission like the stock one?

If it does when you install the trans cooler just make sure it is still using this part of the radiator before going into your transcooler and the engine will warm the trans oil.

Does your new radiator have a section to cool the transmission like the stock one?

If it does when you install the trans cooler just make sure it is still using this part of the radiator before going into your transcooler and the engine will warm the trans oil.

Nope, very few of the options do unfortunately.

fitted my z32 and nistune tonight, havent started it yet as its like mid night and my wife is sleeping. hopefully it runs in the morning as i need it. does anyone know if i have to remove the plennum to change the injectors?

SAUSA Dyno Day today, made 161kW and 566NM at 15PSI. Stock bar the exhaust and Blitz panel filter.

Then sold the Pimptara while I was half way through cleaning it! Score! Sold for a bit less than I wanted but rego was due tomorrow. Oh well.

Stagea got some loving

New plugs

HKS panel filter

Rotors and pads

New Rad

Changed motor/rad and box fluids

Apexi N1 catback for the M35

m35exhaust1.jpg

Edited by Ross

SAUSA Dyno Day today, made 161kW and 566NM at 15PSI. Stock bar the exhaust and Blitz panel filter.

Then sold the Pimptara while I was half way through cleaning it! Score! Sold for a bit less than I wanted but rego was due tomorrow. Oh well.

Gotta be happy with that, hey.:thumbsup: . And I mean both bits of news.

Gotta be happy with that, hey.:thumbsup: . And I mean both bits of news.

Happier with the torque tbh. Already planning more mods! MOAR POWAH!!! As for the Pimptara, not really happy about it. Grew very attached to that car, lost heaps on it, and the guy who bought it was a bit of a dropkick.

Got the Emanage Thursday, so by the next dyno day should have a bit more.

What was interesting was I made more torque and had more boost than Dunc with his highflow, intercooler, etc, but I was down 16 (I think?) kW.

That torque isn't correct. That's tractive effort not engine crank torque.

A very good power result none the less.

Is it all wheel kw or rwkw?

We ran back to back, so I wouldve thought the torque readings would be comparable? Not my forte unfortunately.

I made 177.7 awkw though, it was an awd dyno. My AFR's are essentially a flat 10, boost peaks shy of 15psi. Things to work out :thumbsup:

They may be comparable on that day on that dyno but it's still not crank torque. It's tractive effort, being the effort it takes via the wheels to turn the rollers, this is different to a true crank torque. I would assume it would be mid 400 nm at crank at that power level given stock is 410nm. You simply won't gain over 150nm from an exhaust and filter.

What mods do you have for 177.7awkw? If you lean the mixture to a safe 12:1 you will see some extra power.

Well done, nice results.