SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Looks good mate - sets it apart nicely.

Looking good mate!

Cheers guys :cheers:

These lights also have HID's in them too, factory spec - makes a world of difference!

Did you send them off to have them custom made or did you pick them up from Japan?

Picked them up off yahoo auctions, but they were definitely custom made by/for someone originally!

I wired a Z32 ECU with nistune into my S1 RB25DET stagea today. Its running well with the z32 afm in it but will need a tune when i put the Nismo 555's in it

Well done! Did you cut all the wires off the old plug and solder them on to another plug or did you get a loom extension?

I used a Field harness extender to splice the Z32 ecu in as a piggyback. The stock stagea ecu remains to control the auto

Basically I used that loom i got off you as a guide, but tweaked it a little for the z32 ecu

I think that I could get the z32 ecu to control the auto too, but i can't figure out the corresponding wires between the 2 ecus for the auto. From what i can find on google, the Z32TT uses a re4r03a, the Z32 NA and my car (RWD) both use a RE4R01A

I haven't driven it yet or tested whether the auto is happy with the current configuration, but i reckon i've nailed the hard bit

Finally got my new headlights in; when I got them there was an amber LED array that lit up with the driving lights/squid rings; was pretty sure this breached ADRs so Brad lent me a hand rewiring them up to the blinker; had to wire in the old blinker globe to up the resistance on the circuit to slow down the blinks too. A little hodge-podge, but the end result looks good imho. Hopefully the seals hold up :rofl:

The front of your car looks really good. Glad you got the blinker speed sorted. :thumbsup:

The front of your car looks really good. Glad you got the blinker speed sorted. :thumbsup:

Cheers mate. You were spot on about using the old globe being the easiest way. I threw some bullet connectors onto the spare blue wires you put in & snipped the appropriate connector off the old loom - easy as. Really appreciated your help :thumbsup:

Spent an hour this morning fitting a piece of mesh in the front bar.:blush:

Finished fitting the rear after arguing with the corner clips for quite a while...:rant: Didn't want to damage the old bar, because its going to a new home shortly.

Looks great, was so paranoid about marring the new paint, so was taking it very easy. No scratches; so very pleased with the time taken.

Pics once the mastic has set in the mesh on the front bar & it's fitted.:thumbsup:

Didn't have thse foldy things on the inside of the bumper to hold the mesh in place Dale?

All finished now; looks teh sexy; I keep on wandering out to the garage to look...

It has ten flat tabs spaced around the opening, so I just trimmed slots in the mesh ( I'm using the trusty SAAS "Leb mesh") to fit over them, then I bent the edge of the mesh against the structure of the bar.

I didn't end up cutting the centre spar out of the opening; I think it'll end up being too flimsy & cracking the paint.

I don't have the clips that clamp on to the tabs, so I just glued the mesh in a few places around the opening. It was fairly well fixed in position 'cos I cut the slots pretty tight, just wanted to make sure it stays put.

Pics in the morning; once it's had a bath.

Edited by Daleo

Cheers mate, I'm very pleased, been a long time coming.

Those would be pretty tough on an m35 too; 18x9, +24 offset. The rubber is well past it's used by date tho'.

Cheers mate, I'm very pleased, been a long time coming.

Those would be pretty tough on an m35 too; 18x9, +24 offset. The rubber is well past it's used by date tho'.

Was thinking they would look quite good on an m35 as well with the right stance.

Was thinking they would look quite good on an m35 as well with the right stance.

theyd look good on an ARX with the extra width compensating for the rub guards crrraaaaaiiigthumbsup.gif