SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Bit of a long story but my car has gone from the workshop to a tuner who has installed the G4 Link and is going to tune it tomorrow. He is a top tuner and has built a seven second R32 GTR

but he was complaining that he was having to take his M35 Stagea to NZ's most famous GTR tuner because he has the software to crack the ecu but its all in Japanese. I will try to find out more and keep you informed but it could be good news for Kiwi V35 and M35 owners. Soichi used to work for Nissan and travels back to Japan regularly so I don't know how he came by the software and whether he will onsell it (maybe to someone like Toshi). Will let you know.

Sounds promising if he is indeed able to crack and tune the stock M35 vq25det ECU.

Keep us all updated.

Edited by Ross

Good weekend for the Stag...

New front rotors arrived, courtesy of my new friends at DBA. DBA 4000 series rotors with the new Clubspec T3 slotting:

post-34363-0-83621000-1314527394_thumb.jpg

Not going in until the BCs arrive, probably just before the SA cruise :thumbsup:

And no more pirate spec, got one of my new spot lights in:

post-34363-0-43933600-1314527599_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Simon Michelmore for giving me a hand working out the mounts for it. Ended up clearing all the broken glass out, and drilling into the old plastic mount to screw into the standard Narva bolt holes. Worked ok, not ideal. You can also see in the above photo that there's a fair gap around the light, so now I'm thinking maybe a set of squid rings to fill the gap?

Has transformed the front end:

post-34363-0-31741200-1314527706_thumb.jpg

Before I do the other one, I might move the light forward slightly so I can angle it up a bit. Also have to find a better spot to mount the HID ballasts.

Anyone happen to have a broken fog light I could grab? I need to break the light to make my mounting setup work, and rather work with an already broken one if possible?

Oh, and I stuffed up and turned the car to 'ON' (without firing) with the AFM disconnected... so guess who has to remove the check engine light this week? >_<

Good weekend for the Stag...

Oh, and I stuffed up and turned the car to 'ON' (without firing) with the AFM disconnected... so guess who has to remove the check engine light this week? pinch.gif

Why do you have to remove the check light? Can't you just reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery?

Why do you have to remove the check light? Can't you just reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery?

This doesn't really work on M35s :(

Not a problem with the help....I've run out of things to do on my car and yours is the closest to me! :P

On other news I got my head pretty much around your HKS Kit....hopefully I will get a good nights sleep tonight now.

I have half a HKS turbo kit here, it looks like my V band setup has much better flow, how do they expect the wastegate gasses to flow through that u turn on the adapter mate?

I got my Brembos on, the caliper had about 10mm of clearance from the 17's. It looks great with the braided lines but these are a pain to bleed, I drove down some corrugated dirt roads to try and get all the air bubbles to the top and re-bled but they still feel spongy. Any ideas?

Got a bit done today; New Plugs fitted, new passengers side rocker cover gasket, and an oil & fiter change. A little oil in the rear plug recesses on the passengers side; but not too bad.

Also slipped some hardened washers under the Plenum bolts, as the Cap Heads had abraded the alloy a little.

Recieved my pack of 8mm rivet clips from Hong Kong and replaced a bunch of cracked trim clips.

Time to look at my Brake Upgrade again I think...

I got my Brembos on, the caliper had about 10mm of clearance from the 17's. It looks great with the braided lines but these are a pain to bleed, I drove down some corrugated dirt roads to try and get all the air bubbles to the top and re-bled but they still feel spongy. Any ideas?

hey this sounds familiar....:whistling:

We bled mine twice right? Or was it 3 times?

I just drove em for a while and they firmed up...

When I got my Stagea, the aftermarket front bumper was cracked badly and generally in poor condition. Over the weekend finally finished painting up a stock RS4 front bumper and slapped it on this evening. Didn't make it glossy enough, but still much better than the cracked bumper.

Time to look at my Brake Upgrade again I think...

What a week full of brake upgrades!

Very happy with mine. What are you planning on doing Dale?

Edited by PN-Mad

fitted my 7 watt cree led reverse lights today.i cant belive how bright they are! on the box it says dont look at light within 1.5 meters what a load of shit......more like 5 meters!

fitted my 7 watt cree led reverse lights today.i cant belive how bright they are! on the box it says dont look at light within 1.5 meters what a load of shit......more like 5 meters!

Dude share the link. Me want!!!