SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Did lots of Kms in it today round Sydney!

Basically, went to 3 different workshops to ask about options for Engine management/tuning once the HKS turbo kit goes on to it.

Got different answers, kinda like I expected. One place- "go for 1000cc injectors, E85, and about 12 pounds boost." I promptly told him he would be cleaning my motor off his shop floor with that option...ermm.gif

Another place seemed very interested - they have re-mapped a Supercharged 350Z factory ECU before. I will be dropping off my ECU to them at some time, so they can see if it can be mapped like the Z. I'm very hopeful of this option. In another shops words, fitting a Haltech PS2000 would be a "nightmare job". Their words not mine...

In other news- got 10 litres of Matic J from Nissan, due to the transgo kit / trans Cooler going in.

Ordered a spare key for the car - wait for it - $178.60laugh.gif We'll see what it is when it turns up, but if thats all, then I'm stoked. I've heard horror key stories - $400/$700 for a key. Anyway, I'm off to see how to code the thing once I get it!

Heres a shitty phone pic at Nissan, thought it'd be cool - R35 in the background is in for service.

Image096.jpg

Edited by PN-Mad

You should be fine with 12 psi on ethanol but how long for I couldn't say. Are you planning to build the engine? Not sure the box will handle that either, especially with a standalone in there. The soft changes are the only reason mine is still in one piece. What are your plans for it?

Not planing on building the engine at this stage. I'd prefer not to. I have no idea on how much power 12psi / e85 would give me. I'd say it would be well over the magic 300kw mark, where most people think these engine shit themselves.

I'm going to try going down the path of re-mapped ECU, not standalone. He's done a 250rwkw 7psi 350z, re-mapped ECU. Only thing is that it has to run a MAF, which will obviously limit things.

Other option is Emanage, but if I can get results with the ECU, then whats the point having an emanage.

Can of bloody worms this is...

Osiris.

From the part numbers on the PM35 ECU's, they look very, very similar to the G35x ecu (if not the same).

What about the Haltech PS2000 Platinum?

Has a plug in for Z33 so may well plug in to yours too.

Osiris.

From the part numbers on the PM35 ECU's, they look very, very similar to the G35x ecu (if not the same).

THis. If your ecu is similar to the g35/z33 then osiris is pretty good. No dealers in Australia yet but from my dealings with them its easiest to go through their reseller Abbey motorsport in UK. U buy their software and cable and log.the data and send it to them...

There is a thread on it on the zclub forums.

Tokyo Motorsports, a business trader on SAU apparently is Australia's only UpRev pro tuner.

Whats the advantage of this, compared to a tuner who can crack the ECU, reset all parameters, spend 1 day dyno tuning it on a awd dyno and cold start- and provide support if anything goes wrong?

They may have a great service, but I wouldn't trust my motor with a postal tune. Unless I'm totally misunderstanding the whole process?

I got home from work today and there sitting in the lounge room was a shiny new set of Work XSA rims. They took 12 weeks from placing the order to make them and deliver. Only down side is the rim face I ordered won't clear R33 GTST callipers I wanted to fit. Its about 2-3mm from fitting. I can get around it with a 3mm spacer but I have never liked running spacers. Will have to think over it a little, otherwise just keep running the factory M35 brakes.

Does anyone know how much of the calliper where it says NISSAN can be ground down? I know the lettering can all go but can any of the hump that the writing is on be taken down a little?

Edited by slippylotion

I had a rally mate who fitted R32 GTR brakes to the front of his GTiR, ground it back enough to leave a silver machined face, never seemed to be an issue, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Only talking about 3mm aren't you?

Wheels look good. How much in the end? What are you doing for tyres?

Not planing on building the engine at this stage. I'd prefer not to. I have no idea on how much power 12psi / e85 would give me. I'd say it would be well over the magic 300kw mark, where most people think these engine shit themselves.

I'm going to try going down the path of re-mapped ECU, not standalone. He's done a 250rwkw 7psi 350z, re-mapped ECU. Only thing is that it has to run a MAF, which will obviously limit things.

Other option is Emanage, but if I can get results with the ECU, then whats the point having an emanage.

Can of bloody worms this is...

I feel there will be a lot less stress on the rods if you can run e85, even though the torque is increased due to the slower burning properties. More boost, less timing could help too but it's just my opinion, and everyone will tell you a different story. One thing is for sure, the life of the engine will be severely reduced no matter how it's tuned. Make sure you find a good tuner and go with what he suggests.

The benefit of the emanage is you can tune off the map sensor once the afm is maxed, much better than guessing the airflow beyond that point.

Selling wheels at speedy wheels in adelaide for years the question came up a million times ..had lots of flamin mongrelstermers reckon the last 3 letters needed a Lil work on top of the letters etc but all cums Down to what offset on da rims and car if your r running 33gear? Where do the 33brakes sit on da 35 vs stock? You could work out the math we did it million times a day to get the sale lol then they say narrr Goin to Joe a wheels works and getting 20s haha or set of the net.. Used us a million times to work out if they would fit , and just found a speedy set that same kind of setup and make out they r keen but really crunchin numbers lol :thanks: hahah

Edited by Ezekiel86

When I got my Stagea, the aftermarket front bumper was cracked badly and generally in poor condition. Over the weekend finally finished painting up a stock RS4 front bumper and slapped it on this evening. Didn't make it glossy enough, but still much better than the cracked bumper.

Any pics mate?

Keen to see how it turned out!

Tokyo Motorsports, a business trader on SAU apparently is Australia's only UpRev pro tuner.

Whats the advantage of this, compared to a tuner who can crack the ECU, reset all parameters, spend 1 day dyno tuning it on a awd dyno and cold start- and provide support if anything goes wrong?

They may have a great service, but I wouldn't trust my motor with a postal tune. Unless I'm totally misunderstanding the whole process?

Might be worht having a look at this thread in the V35 section; http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/372826-my-v35s-build-with-before-after-dyno-runs/page__p__5946381__hl__osiris__fromsearch__1#entry5946381

Seems like he was very happy with the Osiris. I realise it's QLD based, but the tuner may be able to refer you somewhere.

Have you got a bigger pic of the beast with it's new rims & ride height? Looks a bit more menacing now mate.:thumbsup:

I got home from work today and there sitting in the lounge room was a shiny new set of Work XSA rims. They took 12 weeks from placing the order to make them and deliver. Only down side is the rim face I ordered won't clear R33 GTST callipers I wanted to fit. Its about 2-3mm from fitting. I can get around it with a 3mm spacer but I have never liked running spacers. Will have to think over it a little, otherwise just keep running the factory M35 brakes.

Does anyone know how much of the calliper where it says NISSAN can be ground down? I know the lettering can all go but can any of the hump that the writing is on be taken down a little?

Wheels look fantastic mate :thumbsup:

The 3mm you wish to remove; is that because you you have zero clearance (wheel will turn but has a bees dick of clearance) or -3mm (caliper is fouling on wheel by 3mm)? You are going to want at least 3-5mm spoke to caliper clearance; just in case you catch a small stone; it'll trash the front of the caliper, and the back of your nice new wheels. pinch.gif

You'll be safe with taking the script off the calipers, but I wouldn't be going further than 1mm unless you are prepared to pop the pistons out and actually measure the material thickness on the front face.

Either that or look towards Pipster's find; 350Z/ Murano twin piston 325mm budget upgrade, the s2 G35's in the states run this same setup.

Link; http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/82083-stagea-brakes/page__pid__5989328__st__920#entry5989328

Edited by Daleo

Yep, he's crazy.

Also has to sell it first though. AFAIK Craig's is still on the market. Could be months before he gets his new car, and in that time he might get sick of it and do more mods :nyaanyaa:

You crazy.

Yep, he's crazy.

Also has to sell it first though. AFAIK Craig's is still on the market. Could be months before he gets his new car, and in that time he might get sick of it and do more mods :nyaanyaa:

craigs not fussed if he sells or not, i actually want to get rid of it now, so im negotiable, i dont think craig is lol