SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Went to get the english conversion from Brad (Ducati 02), but my factory dvd/gps unit is stuffed (this explains why it had aftermarket jap tv tuner/gps fitted when it arrived from japland), cleaned the laser but no good. Didn't want to fork out for a new unit, so ended up with just a video block instead. Thanks to brad, can't recomend him enough, good guy and knows his m/v35's inside out. Also I fitted a sweet yellow wheel due to a nail, almost just kept driving so I'd fark the rim, so I'd have an excuse for the missus to buy a new set of rims......

all fixed now (4x gay wheels back on the car)

post-41430-0-56386100-1314838112_thumb.jpg

Edited by MOUTH

Went to get the english conversion from Brad (Ducati 02), but my factory dvd/gps unit is stuffed (this explains why it had aftermarket jap tv tuner/gps fitted when it arrived from japland), cleaned the laser but no good. Didn't want to fork out for a new unit, so ended up with just a video block instead. Thanks to brad, can't recomend him enough, good guy and knows his m/v35's inside out.

:thumbsup: No worries Mac. Yes is was a fun exercise. Im glad there all not like that. Maybe someone on here has a DVD rom for next to nothing they could give you. Then you could trade the video block in for a conversion.

Also I fitted a sweet yellow wheel due to a nail, almost just kept driving so I'd fark the rim, so I'd have an excuse for the missus to buy a new set of rims......

Did someone paint your space saver spare with yellow paint? With either brush or roller by the looks of it, lol.

Went to get the english conversion from Brad (Ducati 02), but my factory dvd/gps unit is stuffed (this explains why it had aftermarket jap tv tuner/gps fitted when it arrived from japland), cleaned the laser but no good. Didn't want to fork out for a new unit, so ended up with just a video block instead. Thanks to brad, can't recomend him enough, good guy and knows his m/v35's inside out.

I has the same issue with the english conversion - the Dvdrom wouldn't work. Tried the Laser cleaner discs but it didn't help, i even added thick velcro on the cleaner disc so i could here it scrapping the lens, hey couldn't break it much more and it only needs to be able to run the conversion once... but to no avial :(

I didn't want to pay for a replacment dvdrom either, so next step i pulled the dvdrom out (noone was stealing that with how well its mounted in there) and took the caseing off so i could physically rub the laser lens with a cotton bud and metho, but even that idea was working against me as even with the cover off it's still a pretty enclosed unit, but there was a little little little hole where i could get access to the lens (only with trimming the cotton bud down a little to fit it in the hole)

Anyway point of the story..... It Worked!!

I was able to get the langunge conversion without having to buying a new Rom :banana:

I has the same issue with the english conversion - the Dvdrom wouldn't work. Tried the Laser cleaner discs but it didn't help, i even added thick velcro on the cleaner disc so i could here it scrapping the lens, hey couldn't break it much more and it only needs to be able to run the conversion once... but to no avial :(

I didn't want to pay for a replacment dvdrom either, so next step i pulled the dvdrom out (noone was stealing that with how well its mounted in there) and took the caseing off so i could physically rub the laser lens with a cotton bud and metho, but even that idea was working against me as even with the cover off it's still a pretty enclosed unit, but there was a little little little hole where i could get access to the lens (only with trimming the cotton bud down a little to fit it in the hole)

Anyway point of the story..... It Worked!!

I was able to get the langunge conversion without having to buying a new Rom :banana:

Did all that cleaned the laser 3 times and now the lens is nice and clean but the laser still dosent work :down:

Did someone paint your space saver spare with yellow paint? With either brush or roller by the looks of it, lol.

Yeah they did it for compliance and put a "max 80 kmh" sticker on, with a spray can, looks awesome hey :(

Yeah they did it for compliance and put a "max 80 kmh" sticker on, with a spray can, looks awesome hey :(

It's a good thing they did a neat job; overspray would make that look terrible...:yucky:

I fitted the uprated turbosmart BOV spring and modified the wastegate lines to increase the boost, it managed to hold 2.3 bar now, pulls nicely and even more responsive with the boost helping the wastgate spring stay closed. :)

33psi????f**k me....

Btw you bush's came in so I should be able to ship next Thursday.

Small problem, the silicone joiner on the throttle body can't handle the pressure and keeps blowing off. I will try the stock BOV as I think the turbosmart one is very slow to react.

you'll need to clean and oil the valve.. just use the silly spray.

remember the valve has been sitting in my glove box for the past year.. its bound to have some dust in it lolalso the fact youve got the stronger spring in there.. that spring is really only for atmo, if you put the other spring back and plumb it in it should be fine man.

you'll need to clean and oil the valve.. just use the silly spray.

remember the valve has been sitting in my glove box for the past year.. its bound to have some dust in it lolalso the fact youve got the stronger spring in there.. that spring is really only for atmo, if you put the other spring back and plumb it in it should be fine man.

Already used the silicone on it, the piston moves fine its just heavier than the stock one, and with the stiffer spring it takes a second to open. It must be building 50 or 60 psi in that time going by the bang when the joiner pops off.

Already used the silicone on it, the piston moves fine its just heavier than the stock one, and with the stiffer spring it takes a second to open. It must be building 50 or 60 psi in that time going by the bang when the joiner pops off.

Again trying to put a hole in your bonnet?

I know you want to reduce under-bonnet temps, but surely there are other ways to do that! :P

Ide be putting the softer spring in there then. I don't even understand why u wanted the stronger one tbh lol I didn't think u would need it. I thought u were gonna keep it atmo

Again trying to put a hole in your bonnet?

I know you want to reduce under-bonnet temps, but surely there are other ways to do that! :P

No mate, but I have 5 engines now so I don't have to be so worried. lol. I am confident it will handle it with no problems. Famous last words?

No mate, but I have 5 engines now so I don't have to be so worried. lol. I am confident it will handle it with no problems. Famous last words?

Want to build me a VQ35 9.0:1 with balanced internals to send up here for reeeeeeeally cheap....yes.gif

jks...

Ide be putting the softer spring in there then. I don't even understand why u wanted the stronger one tbh lol I didn't think u would need it. I thought u were gonna keep it atmo

The car drives fine with the stiff spring, I would be leaving it in there if the clamp for the throttle would hold. I dont want atmo, just no leaking to test it out.

Want to build me a VQ35 9.0:1 with balanced internals to send up here for reeeeeeeally cheap....yes.gif

jks...

Thats what I plan for myself but not for the Stagea, it would make 800hp fairly easily with a large frame turbo hanging off it so I want a nice light car to drop it into, 1600, 180b sss, even a 240z TT would be amazing imo.

Thats what I plan for myself but not for the Stagea, it would make 800hp fairly easily with a large frame turbo hanging off it so I want a nice light car to drop it into, 1600, 180b sss, even a 240z TT would be amazing imo.

or if tomorrow goes well, the s14 i may be getting :P

wish me luck everyone.. plllleeeaaase!